Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like her gym content but the running side not as much. One thing I do find odd and yes everyone has their own preference, but why she does all of her runs including that 100k ultra in the nike tempo %s - they’re a session workout shoe (a noisy one at that I’ve got 2 pairs so I know) not one for easy plodding or trail running
I find that strange as well! And now she’s got Nuttyfoodiefitness doing the same - they both plug those shoes when anyone asks for a recommendation which annoys me, as they’re not an everyday trainer and not suitable for everyone! Lucy claims she doesn’t get on with any other shoes but I think all she’s tried is one pair of Hokas?

Reactions: 3
Looking at that Asics events from last week with those freaks ben is running, carlabuysfollowers and creepyash_runs looks like a rank evening! All these weird and damn awful instagram cronies being invited makes me never want to buy anything Asics again. They will never influence me to buy anything, not that they are influencers

Reactions: 5
Looking at that Asics events from last week with those freaks ben is running, carlabuysfollowers and creepyash_runs looks like a rank evening! All these weird and damn awful instagram cronies being invited makes me never want to buy anything Asics again. They will never influence me to buy anything, not that they are influencers
the application for the asics marvellous team is going to open soon XD in case any of you are interested, hahahahaha

• Haha
I still can’t understand why Carla gets invited to anything. Her Instagram is pretty dead and doesn’t offer much value, unless you want to learn how to start your 738th “come back”

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I like her gym content but the running side not as much. One thing I do find odd and yes everyone has their own preference, but why she does all of her runs including that 100k ultra in the nike tempo %s - they’re a session workout shoe (a noisy one at that I’ve got 2 pairs so I know) not one for easy plodding or trail running
I don’t follow her but just had a look at her profile, and I thought the same thing re. her reel about running slow to run fast…and then she slips into a pair of Nikes designed for fast running?! 🙄

Reactions: 1
I went to watch the video as I’ve never watched Lucy Davis and the bloody shoes 🤢 not a good sign. I’m guessing she’s never tried much other than Nike, if her only other running shoe attempt was Hokas that’s hardly trying variety to know Nike suits best. I’ve tried quite a few brands and I like Hoka trail shoes but the road shoes felt really strange to me. She’s also going to say Gymshark do the best running clothes when they sponsor her 😂 my saggy old lady boobs need a bit of strapping down and I like pockets on my leggings. I’m mostly just a bit jealous of these super strong young women though because I’m middle aged and not gifted athletically and couldn’t do one push up 😂😂 my trainers don’t have blood on them though 👍

Reactions: 6
the application for the asics marvellous team is going to open soon XD in case any of you are interested, hahahahaha
I've always wondered what it's like to be a massive wanker so might apply
---

I still can’t understand why Carla gets invited to anything. Her Instagram is pretty dead and doesn’t offer much value, unless you want to learn how to start your 738th “come back”
Haha exactly! And wtf is it with her leg post and throwing her head back with a fake staged grin/smile? She's just so cringe and desperate to be in with them. I just wish she'd stop and you never see her promoting or showing her apparent PT business, she's just tragic

• Haha
I went to watch the video as I’ve never watched Lucy Davis and the bloody shoes 🤢 not a good sign. I’m guessing she’s never tried much other than Nike, if her only other running shoe attempt was Hokas that’s hardly trying variety to know Nike suits best. I’ve tried quite a few brands and I like Hoka trail shoes but the road shoes felt really strange to me. She’s also going to say Gymshark do the best running clothes when they sponsor her 😂 my saggy old lady boobs need a bit of strapping down and I like pockets on my leggings. I’m mostly just a bit jealous of these super strong young women though because I’m middle aged and not gifted athletically and couldn’t do one push up 😂😂 my trainers don’t have blood on them though 👍
I agree, I like Hoka trail shoes but not their road shoes. For some reason lots of gym influencers seem to be obsessed with Hokas now, I’m not sure why. I reckon a standard running brand like Brooks or Asics wasn’t flash enough for her so she’s kept to the Nikes. Every video of herself running, you can hear her stomping around like she’s wearing flippers 😂

The shoes must be way too small for her, with the amount of blisters and blood she seems to get. It’s frustrating that she perpetuates this as normal, instead of just going to a running shop and trying loads of different models until she finds one that doesn’t cause pain! If a shoe fits well, there’s no reason that should happen on some bog standard training run.

I also hate the “I have small boobs, I don’t need a supportive bra for cardio” nonsense. They’ve shown that your ligaments can get stretched out overtime regardless of breast size, so it’s a silly thing to go on about. Why not just wear an appropriate running bra?

I agree, I like Hoka trail shoes but not their road shoes. For some reason lots of gym influencers seem to be obsessed with Hokas now, I’m not sure why. I reckon a standard running brand like Brooks or Asics wasn’t flash enough for her so she’s kept to the Nikes. Every video of herself running, you can hear her stomping around like she’s wearing flippers 😂

The shoes must be way too small for her, with the amount of blisters and blood she seems to get. It’s frustrating that she perpetuates this as normal, instead of just going to a running shop and trying loads of different models until she finds one that doesn’t cause pain! If a shoe fits well, there’s no reason that should happen on some bog standard training run.

I also hate the “I have small boobs, I don’t need a supportive bra for cardio” nonsense. They’ve shown that your ligaments can get stretched out overtime regardless of breast size, so it’s a silly thing to go on about. Why not just wear an appropriate running bra?
could be that she's used to have a size for her gym shoes, and may need a bigger one for running. As simple as that

Reactions: 2
could be that she's used to have a size for her gym shoes, and may need a bigger one for running. As simple as that
I just feel it goes to show why no one should be paying her for running advice if she can’t even get that right 😂

• Haha
Yeah it could just be half a size up would do it. I’ve only ever had one blister running and it started in regular shoes then got worse running, it wasn’t my running shoes. I know some people are more prone but the blood on her trainers just yikes.

I wear half a size up in runners. I got blisters for every run when I did C25K the first time. Extra half size makes all the difference. I wish more brands did a wider fit too.

As with everything, what works/fits for some, won’t work/fit for everyone. And I still believe that the Nike obsession will start to change as more people get injured, especially now some people are wearing alpha/vaporfly for every single run (not even going there with sustainability and environmental impact of how many shoes they must go through). I really like Hoka for most runs and have Saucony race shoes. Firm believer in trying everything in the shop and going with what feels best (not how it looks or in fashion or magic shoe). As for the blood - it’s not exactly a good advert for Nike either!

4A549447-C3C7-4C9F-BB40-2BFDB98A2907.png

So Sarah made this list (and some other instabores) I’ve not looked at all of them but I’m not feeling inspired

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I need your help (I hope this is allowed because I’ve looked everywhere and am at a loss): I’m seeking the perfect marathon running tights. They need to have two side pockets as minimum, preferably come in black, full length (possibly crop but not 7/8), and preferably high rise. And not extortionate. Can any women help?

I need your help (I hope this is allowed because I’ve looked everywhere and am at a loss): I’m seeking the perfect marathon running tights. They need to have two side pockets as minimum, preferably come in black, full length (possibly crop but not 7/8), and preferably high rise. And not extortionate. Can any women help?
Two side pockets is a bit unusual, but I loved Fusion tri tights for that reason. I wore them for all my triathlon training for 4 years (including 3 IMs) and they held up quite well. They do a running pair now which might work for you: https://multisportdistribution.co.uk/products/c3-long-tight

I really like my lululemon fast and free which meet all your criteria, I think! I have the cropped version but I think they do 25’. Expensive but I’ve had mine for about 5 years, wash at least once a week and they’re still fine except for a bit of the the stitching is starting to come apart. Downsides is that the fabric is thin (so maybe not ideal for winter if you run cold).

I’m a big fan of these Salomon ones, and they have two side pockets (but no other pockets): https://www.salomon.com/en-gb/shop-emea/product/cross-run-25-lc11702.html#color=73021

I really like my lululemon fast and free which meet all your criteria, I think! I have the cropped version but I think they do 25’. Expensive but I’ve had mine for about 5 years, wash at least once a week and they’re still fine except for a bit of the the stitching is starting to come apart. Downsides is that the fabric is thin (so maybe not ideal for winter if you run cold).
If Lululemon are a bit out of budget at the moment there’s a brand on Amazon that is a fantastic dupe - CRZY YOGA

Also with lululemon, they can tailor them to the length you want.

Crzy yoga is also a good one as well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.