Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg I lived next to a pair of guys at uni and one of them would always forget their keys and literally would bang on the door (sometimes not even his own lol) at 2am. #unilife
I’m the only girl living with 5 boys!! It’s not fun🤣Ruby had it lucky living with just one flat mate in what looked like a big house. She probably was quite safe in terms of covid I don’t know why she moved home

Reactions: 6
I do wonder if Ruby has sensitive hearing, because I do and that clip of them talking sounded very loud and would certainly disturb me getting to sleep. I wouldn't put it in a video but it would definitely bug me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I do wonder if Ruby has sensitive hearing, because I do and that clip of them talking sounded very loud and would certainly disturb me getting to sleep. I wouldn't put it in a video but it would definitely bug me.
same. I don’t think she should’ve included that in her video, but I completely understand her annoyance. It was past 10:30pm or something, which is late enough to wanna wind down for bed. Conversations that loud would annoy me too, and I don’t even go to sleep til after midnight

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There’s nothing stopping her going and asking her housemates to keep it down, and she didn’t have to record herself scowling and post it online

I was struck by how immature her response was.

Everybody complains about their flatmates at times, but we tend to do it privately , not posting about it to social media. Especially with the following she has

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There’s nothing stopping her going and asking her housemates to keep it down, and she didn’t have to record herself scowling and post it online

Everybody complains about their flatmates at times, but we tend to do it privately , not posting about it to social media. Especially with the following she has
she says in the comments that it was ppl outside not her flatmates, and I def believe she'd know better than to put something like that online about her actual flatmates

Reactions: 10

Lool imagine being the housemates and seeing it online? I guarantee that would’ve caused tension and they probably lost a bit of respect for her after that. I know I certainly would if someone recorded me and posted it on the internet instead of just telling me to shh

Reactions: 10
I think it's important to mention at this point that if you actually look in the comments of the video Ruby says that it wasn't her housemates making noise, it was some men who were chatting outside her window.

Still kind of petty to include that and also not explain in the video it wasn't her flatmates (until after everyone had assumed it was). It did sound like male voices, but it also sounded like they were indoors so potentially her flatmates friends? What does she expect living in a university city though?

Still kind of petty to include that and also not explain in the video it wasn't her flatmates (until after everyone had assumed it was). It did sound like male voices, but it also sounded like they were indoors so potentially her flatmates friends? What does she expect living in a university city though?
Yeah thats the thing, it really does sound like its indoors coming from another room inside the house. She very much left it open to interpretation and had actually filmed her flatmates chatting together earlier in the video, which is why people assumed it was them

I understand how that assumption was made, just saying that since the video itself was posted I think it's important to note the comments and then halt the conversation if the assumption is wrong

Reactions: 5
View attachment 305782
Does anyone know where the Reddit post is?
Oh! I remember this, let me try and find it, I think it was a post someone had written either ranting or asking for advice about a housemate who suspiciously shared a lot of similarities to Ruby

Okay so I think this is the actual post but it's been removed
Someone ove on GG managed to copy it before it got removed though
I (20f) study in the UK. I'm in my 2nd year and I share a flat with 3 other girls, all 19/20. If you're not from the UK, unis here start now-ish, and the 1st week in which everyone moves into uni is called 'freshers', most people party & get drunk, etc. It's basically a get to know people week, or a catch up with people week.

2 of my roommates are really nice and we get on well. We've spent freshers week mostly chilling in the flat, drinking and watching Netflix. We went out 2 nights clubbing, but both nights we crashed at a friends house to avoid causing commotion in the halls. The point is, we've been mostly quiet and respectful of others as we know that not everyone is into it. We have been drinking and staying up late chatting, but no loud music or anything.

Our other roommate is not so nice. She was well-known on campus last year because she has a small social media following (think about 8k) and is a bit different to most 20 year olds. She dresses very old fashioned, holds very old fashioned values (does not drink, no boys in the flat, no staying up past 10pm, locks herself in her room most of the time) and is basically very judgemental. When I was unpacking the food I brought to uni in the kitchen, she was fine with me until she saw a bottle of vodka, before shutting off and going to her room. She also acts very childish.

The first full day, she came and said "I'm vegan, so don't ever touch my stuff". I'm vegan too, so I understand the rule, but the way she said it was very rude. That night, we were drinking and watching Friends, it was 11pm, she came in and asked us to turn the TV off because she was trying to sleep. We agreed, because we didn't want to fight. The next day, one of our friends showed us her IG story, in which she recorded the noise we were making and shook her head, rolled her eyes. It was just really pathetic. I was pissed off with her, but still just didn't want a fight.

The final straw was that, when walking past her room, her door was open and on the floor I could see she had a big box of snacks out that she was keeping in there. There were open packets of biscuits, and bread products. I was shook thinking about the mice that could come in, our flats have had a mice issue before. I knocked on her door and said that she should move that into the kitchen, and she said "I can do what I want in my own home, thank you." and shut the door. I was mad. I opened her door and said "you can do what you want, but we can't stay up past 11pm in our own house? maybe if you can't stand adults, you should live on your own." She slammed the door.

I think she is going to be a problem. Because she is well known, I know she lived alone last year so I don't get why she'd choose to move in with people she doesn't know if she is banking on people being like her. I feel like an asshole because, even though I think she's wrong too, I could have been more accommodating. Maybe we could have tried to hang out with her or something. AITA?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I always thought the writer of the post changed some details in case it was too obvious. It's suspiciously similar to Ruby.

Reactions: 11
I always thought the writer of the post changed some details in case it was too obvious. It's suspiciously similar to Ruby.
It’s her! Of course it’s her! Unless there are any other Exeter uni influencers who are vegan and dress like they’re trying to be Victorian...... of course it’s her!

• Haha
It’s obviously Ruby, the details are too similar to what she’s like. And that she’s not living with the same flatmates this year - she can’t have been that close with them

Reactions: 7
It’s obviously Ruby, the details are too similar to what she’s like. And that she’s not living with the same flatmates this year - she can’t have been that close with them
Also why did she live by herself in first year?

Reactions: 1
Also why did she live by herself in first year?
I don’t know probably because she spends a lot of time on her own studying. But studio rooms are crazy expensive, most students wouldn’t be able to afford it on a student loan

Reactions: 2
^As someone who was on the old GG thread, I’m pretty sure several people suspected the reddit post was written by someone on GG, especially because of the mice - people were convinced her keeping snacks in her room would invite them in, there was a whole page of back-and-forth conversation about it. Everything written on Reddit was talked about on GG. Ruby never mentioned anything about mice.

I mean, there’s a poster there who was oddly obsessed with her, and even made an odd comment that she shouldn’t show the quiet areas in Exeter she went to because she’d be inviting...something bad to happen to her. I’m pretty sure someone was trying to prove a point.

EDIT: Speculation on the reddit post was on page 30 of Part 2...and mice speculation was on page 29.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.