Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I used to really hate Ruby but I think she’s the most tolerable studytuber nowadays. She isn't perfect but her intentions never seem bad.

Reactions: 12
Honestly I used to really hate Ruby but I think she’s the most tolerable studytuber nowadays. She isn't perfect but her intentions never seem bad.
As has been said before, I like that she's not as caught up in the Oxford rejection as the rest of them. She is a bit odd, but I feel like she's kinda okay with that too? I'm in your boat, I actually don't mind her all that much.

Reactions: 6
As has been said before, I like that she's not as caught up in the Oxford rejection as the rest of them. She is a bit odd, but I feel like she's kinda okay with that too? I'm in your boat, I actually don't mind her all that much.
She is growing on me now.

Reactions: 4
She does seem more grown up. But at the same time there are certain things she does that make me cringe quite badly for her. It‘ll be interesting to see what she’ll do after her undergrad.

Reactions: 7
She does seem more grown up. But at the same time there are certain things she does that make me cringe quite badly for her. It‘ll be interesting to see what she’ll do after her undergrad.
Yes, she is very cringe but I can also think of about a billion cringey things I did at 19 too. She has faults but I just think they’re more tolerable than, say, Jade’s incessant MLM positivity.

Reactions: 10
I genuinely thought that said “lets build a fart” I was confused for a split second 😂

9DE5C748-BEC7-4432-BF86-6ABC420CF314.png

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Does she share her house with just Blakely (I love that name) or with other people too? Like did they make their other housemates attend a 3hr house meeting with an agenda???? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
I thought she was sharing a house with both Blakeley and Sasha? But since they met Sasha in town i don't think they live with her? idk.

But I do think having a proper house meeting with an agenda at the beginning of the academic year is definitely wise. There are definitely things you want to discuss beforehand (like sharing of certain kitchen stuff [oil, salt, etc.] and when/how you stock up on them; cleaning plan; how everyone feels about the pandemic, etc.).
I'm guessing they might have also used this as a little get-together and get-to-know-each-other time, considering it was around dinner time. So like, have some food, get to know your new house mates, discuss living arrangements.

edit: this is a comment under her video. So apparently she only lives with Blakeley?

Attachments

Last edited:
I might be wrong but I think her friend Sasha lives in or around Exeter anyway? So no point in her moving out if she lives near and definitely the most sensible option in regard to covid.

So she disinfects everything in her room that no one has been in for 6 months but goes to a bookstore and touches a bunch of books she didn’t buy. She says she hasn’t been in a shop for the entirety of lockdown and says she’s going to mainly be using food orders to avoid having to go into the shops yet seems fine going to a café with her friends. Like how is that any different than going to get food? The illogic of it.🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 17
In her new video she shows the kitchen in her student house, if she’s only sharing with one other person she must be paying a lot of rent because the kitchen looked huge- not like most student houses

Reactions: 2
It’s a bit worrying and sad that she needed to schedule ‘making apple porridge’ on her to do list and tick it off, just enjoy your breakfast Ruby, it’s an every day thing :)

Reactions: 8
But I do think having a proper house meeting with an agenda at the beginning of the academic year is definitely wise. There are definitely things you want to discuss beforehand (like sharing of certain kitchen stuff [oil, salt, etc.] and when/how you stock up on them; cleaning plan; how everyone feels about the pandemic, etc.).
I'm guessing they might have also used this as a little get-together and get-to-know-each-other time, considering it was around dinner time. So like, have some food, get to know your new house mates, discuss living arrangements.
Yeah okay, that's fair enough actually. I guess I've lived in so many house-shares I've just become so relaxed, but when I think back to my first few rentals at 18/19 we definitely had house meetings. I think it was just the mention of the agenda that shocked me 🤣

In her new video she shows the kitchen in her student house, if she’s only sharing with one other person she must be paying a lot of rent because the kitchen looked huge- not like most student houses
She is absolutely loaded as far as I can tell, her family home looks like a grade II listed building lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can I just say, I am loving ruby's videos of late.

They are a breath of fresh air and I'm enjoying watching them!

Holly Gabrielle should take a leaf out of her book!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
in yesterday's video she shows that she's the one who edits her videos, or at least she edited her decluttering video!
no offence to martha, but if she would edit ruby's videos they would be full of subliminal messages referencing memes 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
in yesterday's video she shows that she's the one who edits her videos, or at least she edited her decluttering video!
no offence to martha, but if she would edit ruby's videos they would be full of subliminal messages referencing memes 😆
Martha edited Ruby’s Stranger Things look book, you could tell her editing style as it’s pretty unique

• Wow
Reactions: 3
In a recent vlog, she said she’d been talking to a literary agent and it seems she’s working on a book from her stories. What’s the betting she’ll end up getting her book published because she’s a YouTuber? It would be laughable if that happened, especially as her self published book showed a poor standard of writing.

She's definitely working on a book. She could have written a lot over quarantine but I also think she may wait until she graduates to finish it.
I think she'll bring out children's or YA books, especially given the book the agent recommended she read.

Reactions: 1
Publishing a book (and not self-publishing) is a long old road. A friend of mine has had a literary agent for over 2 years but is yet to find a publisher for her YA novel. She has been shortlisted in literary competitions too, so it shows that success in some areas doesn't guarantee it overall.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.