Ruby Granger #46 Actively making time for boredom

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you know what doesn't help how boring that video she uploaded is? The horrible blue/dull tint she added to everything. It just makes it so much more dreary.

Reactions: 5
She could do a part-time DPhil program at Oxford, that way she’d only need to be there 30 days a year. It would take 6-8 years to complete though. 😒
She'd love that though. It would give her the perfect excuse to delay moving out, getting a job and living like the adult she is.

Reactions: 7
Girl... giiirl 😅. I need the straight people to come in here and try to explain this. I am waiting

View attachment 3018578
Idk I have a screensaver of my cat. And used to have random things like friends, fictionnal characters, the beach or just patterns. And it doesn't look like love, it looks like a psychopath and her new victim. No wonder Blakeney seems to keep some distance with her.
---
View attachment 3020659
cryingggg - is this one of you guys? She hearted it so I guess we have this to look forward to lmao
I can't help but hear the "DARLING" in Edna Mode's voice. Not me but I love that comment.
---
View attachment 3023237
I came straight from insta to here when I saw this… wtf is this?? I’m a huge Alice in Wonderland fan but… this is not my Alice.
... Well the drawing level didn't change. That could be nice, if made by someone actually talented.

Last edited:
She’s asking for ideas for book storage over on tt because she bought so many while at AXEFUD 😂
1) this is what happens when you‘re into dark macadamia but don’t really have the macadamia, only lots of money to spend on books, coffee and sweet pastries
2) the rest of the world uses bookcases idk
3) also don’t you have a whole ass cottage that you could move into with all your clutter? I’m sure Martha will chauffeur you back and forth from cottage to mummy and daddy, she’s already working for you so what’s a little more 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s asking for ideas for book storage over on tt because she bought so many while at AXEFUD 😂
1) this is what happens when you‘re into dark macadamia but don’t really have the macadamia, only lots of money to spend on books, coffee and sweet pastries
3) also don’t you have a whole ass cottage that you could move into with all your clutter? I’m sure Martha will chauffeur you back and forth from cottage to mummy and daddy, she’s already working for you so what’s a little more 🙃

Bookworm problems, am i right?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They’ve got a massive library/ drawing room downstairs. I’m sure they could fit some there!
I’m the opposite though. Once I’ve read a book I usually move them on. I don’t reread books because I’ve run the numbers and don’t have enough time for all the books I want to read.

Reactions: 15
They’ve got a massive library/ drawing room downstairs. I’m sure they could fit some there!
I’m the opposite though. Once I’ve read a book I usually move them on. I don’t reread books because I’ve run the numbers and don’t have enough time for all the books I want to read.
This is nothing more than a status symbol for Ruby. She just wants to look like she knows about books and has access to everything she’s ever read

Reactions: 16
Does she actually want to alienate the one single genuine bookworm that might have been left among her followers? (I can't imagine there will be more than one, even that is a stretch at this point).
He/she/they is/are currently following her last braincell to exile.

Omg who cares? It's a few extra unopened books. I love books (crazy I know) but this making them your entire personality is so bloody tiresome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. She has long since outgrown her nursery styled bedroom and it is only going to get worse. I remember being in my late teens, running out of wall space for housing my books. Graduating, working a full time job, saving money, moving out, eventually getting married and owning our own home allowed me to expand my horizons. She was an absolute idiot to advertise that cottage she was planning to move into after school. Now everyone knows where it is. She could have had interesting content on DYI's, home decorating, gardening, the whole cottagecore vibe going on, and walls full of bookshelves filled to the brim. A perfect writer's paradise. No. She blew it and continues to cling to mummy and daddy for everything, living in her filthy hovel and remaining the adult child for eternity. If she couldn't embrace doing interesting content from Oxford I can't imagine anything decent coming from her now.

That room is like where books go to die though. I remain unconvinced that anyone in that family enjoys reading, they just like hoarding stuff.

• Haha
I've said it before and I'll say it again. She has long since outgrown her nursery styled bedroom and it is only going to get worse. I remember being in my late teens, running out of wall space for housing my books. Graduating, working a full time job, saving money, moving out, eventually getting married and owning our own home allowed me to expand my horizons. She was an absolute idiot to advertise that cottage she was planning to move into after school. Now everyone knows where it is. She could have had interesting content on DYI's, home decorating, gardening, the whole cottagecore vibe going on, and walls full of bookshelves filled to the brim. A perfect writer's paradise. No. She blew it and continues to cling to mummy and daddy for everything, living in her filthy hovel and remaining the adult child for eternity. If she couldn't embrace doing interesting content from Oxford I can't imagine anything decent coming from her now.
I also wonder if she likes the income that cottage brings her in rent, because I bet right now she pays nothing to her parents for board, but makes rent money from the cottage. If she goes to live in the cottage herself she will lose that money. 100% she will be the live in adult for her parents.

Reactions: 11
She could have had interesting content on DYI's, home decorating, gardening, the whole cottagecore vibe going on, and walls full of bookshelves filled to the brim. A perfect writer's paradise.
I would be so down for that content! Throw in a few harvest festivals, getting ready for Christmas, what's growing in my garden, a few trips to Scotland, etc etc and Bob's your uncle. 😩

Reactions: 14
As far as we’re aware, the cottage is tenanted and I’d imagine she needs the rent to pay the mortgage. I will say this every time someone brings the cottage up but I would be wild if she chucks someone out of their home to fanny about playing with a life-sized doll house. We all know she wouldn’t actually live there or manage it in an adult way - it would just be left to get filthy and filled to the brim with crap. She’d go there for a couple of hours every so often to cover something else in paint-water and washi tape and leave a mess. I can’t see her actually producing any kind of sensible content about the cottage, just more nonsense.

I’m all for people living their lives how they want and if Ruby wants to play at being a Victorian stay-at-home daughter, and she can afford it, and her parents are happy to enable it then good luck to her. However I do have a problem when her fantasies bleed into the real world and I’d hate to see a tenant displaced just because Ruby needs somewhere to store the books she’ll never read …

Reactions: 15
Also I think people tend to forget that Ruby gained a lot of followers during COVID. I didn't even know about the cottage until reading here, so I'd give a good chunk of her followers probably not even knowing the cottage even exists since she purged the existence of it (except the re-upload on Chinese YT)

Reactions: 8
How long do we think it will take before she does one or more of the following?

1. Wears a white dress or nightgown and twirls in fields
2. Quotes from books, reads to us, or recites to us from one of her own works?
3. Post Oxford Masters Morning Routine
4. Post Oxford Evening Routine
5. Post Oxford Night Routine
6. Life of a daily aspiring author post Masters degree.
7. It is okay to not be okay
8. It is okay not to know what you want to be.
9. It is okay to live at home with your parents.
10. It is okay to not be productive all the time.
11. Role play another tea party or Regency period
12. I read 15 books in a 24 hour read-a-thon
13. Spending a day with my BEST FRIEND.
14. Reorganize my bookshelves with me.
25. Reorganize my bedroom with me.
26. A day in the life of an author.
27. How I keep a Commonplace book
28. Pumpkin Productivity for 2025!
29. A sponsored video.
30. Declares she loves summer, rain, fall, leaves, winter, snow, spring, flowers, clouds, quiet days, sleeping in late, getting up early.
31. Genuinely (with eye squint) loved her time at Oxford.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
How long do we think it will take before she does one or more of the following?

1. Wears a white dress or nightgown and twirls in fields
2. Quotes from books, reads to us, or recites to us from one of her own works?
3. Post Oxford Masters Morning Routine
4. Post Oxford Evening Routine
5. Post Oxford Night Routine
6. Life of a daily aspiring author post Masters degree.
7. It is okay to not be okay
8. It is okay not to know what you want to be.
9. It is okay to live at home with your parents.
10. It is okay to not be productive all the time.
11. Role play another tea party or Regency period
12. I read 15 books in a 24 hour read-a-thon
13. Spending a day with my BEST FRIEND.
14. Reorganize my bookshelves with me.
25. Reorganize my bedroom with me.
26. A day in the life of an author.
27. How I keep a Commonplace book
28. Pumpkin Productivity for 2025!
29. A sponsored video.
30. Declares she loves summer, rain, fall, leaves, winter, snow, spring, flowers, clouds, quiet days, sleeping in late, getting up early.
31. Genuinely (with eye squint) loved her time at Oxford.
Is this her script for the next video

• Haha
Reactions: 8