Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I presumed that she was going to Geneva straight after Florence too, yet she is back at home so IMO there was no reason for her to pack the extra bag.
The bigger the bag, the bigger the carbon footprint. And why travel from Florence to Geneva when you can travel from Florence, back to the UK, and then to Geneva?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The bigger the bag, the bigger the carbon footprint. And why travel from Florence to Geneva when you can travel from Florence, back to the UK, and then to Geneva?
This! When you’re as JANUINELY VARRY VEEEGAN as Roobee is, you have to balance it out somehow.

Reactions: 14
Looking at the balance sheet that someone posted earlier and had totally forgot that her middle name was Philomena. She could have a much nicer and more original publishing name/online name than Roob Granger. And the way that even her mother is branded across socials (except for her blog) with Granger is so weird.

Reactions: 7
Her sister’s real name (I’m not sure of her middle name - just referring to first name and surname) is great, actually. Perfect for writing/publishing. (I haven’t said the name in case it breaks Tattle guidelines to have it in full - since M isn’t an influencer - but I think people can put it together if curious.)

Reactions: 2
IMG_3775.jpeg

IMG_3777.jpeg

She said in her tiktok today that she bought these cardigans a year ago but then sent the black one back BUT she has a video from just over a month ago where she’s wearing that same black cardigan, so she either wore the cardigan and still sent it back (🤢) or she just put it on for the video and didn’t actually wear this outfit that day. I assume it’s the latter (as I’m sure most of her OOTDs are just her playing dress up anyway and she doesn’t actually wear them) but I wouldn’t put the former past her either. It also means this OOTD is probably from a year ago. Or maybe she never returned the cardigan at all and kept it all along. Ugh my head hurts from trying to keep track of all the lies. How can one person lie so much and for literally no reason? I genuinely cannot wrap my head around it.

• Sick
Reactions: 27
View attachment 2324620
View attachment 2324621
She said in her tiktok today that she bought these cardigans a year ago but then sent the black one back BUT she has a video from just over a month ago where she’s wearing that same black cardigan, so she either wore the cardigan and still sent it back (🤢) or she just put it on for the video and didn’t actually wear this outfit that day. I assume it’s the latter (as I’m sure most of her OOTDs are just her playing dress up anyway and she doesn’t actually wear them) but I wouldn’t put the former past her either. It also means this OOTD is probably from a year ago. Or maybe she never returned the cardigan at all and kept it all along. Ugh my head hurts from trying to keep track of all the lies. How can one person lie so much and for literally no reason? I genuinely cannot wrap my head around it.
The lies and BS ugh. Its so hard to keep track of it all lol.
---
Her sister’s real name (I’m not sure of her middle name - just referring to first name and surname) is great, actually. Perfect for writing/publishing. (I haven’t said the name in case it breaks Tattle guidelines to have it in full - since M isn’t an influencer - but I think people can put it together if curious.)
I agree. I also think her social media name is kinda cool. At least its a version of her actual name and has something authentic about it.

Reactions: 10
Her company* has a net worth just shy of 200k (and she's renting out her cottage)...
*company is just her though I believe
I can’t imagine her as a landlady, mainly because of how childish she can be. I bet Daddy Bones deals with the property/tenants and gives Ruby the 💰 for being ✨so productive✨

• Haha
Reactions: 14
From Roob's tiktok about her 'anthology or zine of poems'. I think this comment was intended to be a bit of a backhanded compliment lol. Not sure of the intentions, but the commenter is stating a fact. Helium Balloons IS a mere pamphlet. Tbh it looks like a very poorly made Program for an end of school year assembly to show the order of events. 'You are the proud author of a pamphlet' is a bit funny. To me, a pamphlet is what the lady at the waxing salon gives me to show me the services and price list lol.

Historically, a pamphlet could refer to an official document distributed to notify the public of an important statement made by the author. My point is, pamphlets are generally distributed at the cost of the author. I also get the feeling that this commenter was implying the same. Roob however is charging people for her pamphlet lol.

1690009030126.png

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I can see how you’d think that, but there are some crucial differences. First off, VEEGAN picnics are a lot louder, because everybody needs to know they’re VEEGAN. Secondly, every time you go on one, you’re entitled to fly anywhere in the world a total of 16 times because that’s how efficient performative plant-eating is in offsetting your carbon footprint. Ruby and Jade were both due for a reset so Sixteenth kindly organised a playdate for them.

eta: oh lordt it seems we’re back from our travels and have been gifted another hat

View attachment 2324018

I’ve had a little bit of ethanol and this is sending me, I cannot deal
That hat looks like a lampshade at your grandma's house

She really does not know how to dress herself does she? Bucket hats like that only look trendy if you're pairing them with urban-looking clothes (and even then I think they're that sort of ugly trendy thing that you need to be very cool to pull off). Paired with her toddler or grandma clothes she's just gonna look like someone who really shouldn't be left alone
I can just picture her walking into the school on Monday morning proudly wearing the bucket hat with her grandma cardigans.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
image_f2822fdf-51bc-4cdd-8302-74138c08fcb6 (2).jpg

She's added photos to the listing for her NAYCHAA JAAARRRNAL and it's all just hilariously crappy, self-indulgent, childish scribblings.

image_8278adb8-4339-4615-8707-cfdf0210c85d (2).png

"There are multiple kinds of rain, and our language doesn't properly let un describe them, I don't think..."

Those pesky UN sanctions, keeping Ruby from being able to describe the weather.

"[There is] no word for that playful, waru rasu which green un, year on year. Come summer."

£8 plus postage for this.

image_f2822fdf-51bc-4cdd-8302-74138c08fcb6 (3).jpg

"Woodpecker" - "I didn't see a woodpecker." I don't see one either, Ruby, since you've included a photo of your dog showing its butthole where a picture of a woodpecker should be. Ruby claims she didn't see a woodpecker, but heard one.

Since Ruby needed the internet's help to identify a sparrow - possibly the UK's most common bird - I don't trust her to be able to identify a woodpecker by sound. She likely just heard a random banging near the house again and thought, "Ahh, yass! 'Tis the HOMBLE WOODPACKER, cyome to visit me wonce mwoar!" Meanwhile her mother's lying in a crumpled heap at the bottom of the stairs again trying to bang out a call for help in Morse code.

You know this project is worth charging money for when the height of insight, whimsy and wonder that can be found in Ruby's nature journal is her noting the things she didn't see. I expect you'll turn to page 6 to find an entry labelled 'Sumatran Rhinoceros'. Ruby didn't see one of those, either, but she heard her neighbour sneeze, so please enjoy a photo of a Remedy Kombucha can.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
View attachment 2325000

She's added photos to the listing for her NAYCHAA JAAARRRNAL and it's all just hilariously crappy, self-indulgent, childish scribblings.

View attachment 2325053

"There are multiple kinds of rain, and our language doesn't properly let un describe them, I don't think..."

"[There is] no word for that playful, waru rasu which green un, year on year. Come summer."

View attachment 2325016

"Woodpecker" - "I didn't see a woodpecker." I don't see one either, Ruby, since you've included a photo of your dog showing its butthole where a picture of a woodpecker should be. Ruby claims she didn't see a woodpecker, but heard one.

Since Ruby needed the internet's help to identify a sparrow - possibly the UK's most common bird - I don't trust her to be able to identify a woodpecker by sound. She likely just heard a random banging near the house again and thought, "Ahh, yass! 'Tis the HOMBLE WOODPACKER, cyome to visit me wonce mwoar!" Meanwhile her mother's lying in a crumpled heap at the bottom of the stairs again trying to bang out a call for help in Morse code.

You know this project is worth charging money for when the height of insight, whimsy and wonder that can be found in Ruby's nature journal is her noting the things she didn't see. I expect you'll turn to page 6 to find an entry labelled 'Sumatran Rhinoceros'. Ruby didn't see one of those, either, but she heard her neighbour sneeze, so please enjoy a photo of a Remedy Kombucha can.
The random ”people are dying” in the corner of the second screenshot 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 2325016

[/QUOTE]
lol i read this as " i didnt see a woodpecker but i did wear one" and i was so confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
“Pamphlet” actually isn’t an insult in the poetry world at all! I know it sounds like one, but it’s just a neutral descriptive term. Real publishers do publish/sell them (often small presses, but they’re not all vanity publications like Ruby’s).

Reactions: 10
She writes in a way that makes me think she’s hoping her journals will be read and studied after her death like Sylvia Plath etc. But it just reads as terribly performative. She isn’t saying anything relatable or meaningful, it’s just empty descriptions of trees and rain punctured by frequent “I think” and “I fear” and other pretentious interjections (definitely a proper word for that but idk what it is 😅)

Reactions: 39
She writes in a way that makes me think she’s hoping her journals will be read and studied after her death like Sylvia Plath etc. But it just reads as terribly performative. She isn’t saying anything relatable or meaningful, it’s just empty descriptions of trees and rain punctured by frequent “I think” and “I fear” and other pretentious interjections (definitely a proper word for that but idk what it is 😅)
I always got this feeling from her, the same with her letter writings as well, especially with how she is getting these journals published even if it is just her followers buying them. I know that she got her 'lockdown letters,' with Blakney published even if it is just for them/ family and friends. I don't know who would want to study her journals other than perhaps a few psychiatrists, family and friends, and maybe those on tattle to see how her mind works.

I did have a slightly terrible thought about her therapy sessions in that I would like to be a fly on the wall, just as I find Ruby so oddly interesting. I would like to know how her mind works though I have no right to know what she speaks about it as therapy should be private. I do wonder if she speaks about perfectionism as she mentions it a lot in regards to her works and publishing poems. I'm curious as she mentions the therapy a lot.

Reactions: 18
I think she simultaneously wants to show herself as two different personas/things. I know we covered (in the previous thread) a lot of different specific characters that she jumped between - that is definitely also true, but I think it can be boiled down further to:

(1) Innocent, perfect, precocious child. Naturally talented, in touch with nature, has a gift for writing. Sincere, appreciative, loved by all who know her.

This persona is heavily influenced by children’s literature, especially older/classic literature.

(2) Troubled, reclusive girl with issues clustering in the perfectionism, eating disorder, “fragile” area.

This ties into her interest in reclusive writers, the older end of “girlhood”, ED books, therapy, performative perfectionism, and more recent YA literature that often deals with troubled/struggling protagonists. This also allows her to create a (slight) shield against criticism of her privilege - if she is so fragile, it becomes mean, cruel, bullying to engage in critique of her.

I think a lot of the weird inconsistency in her persona over the past couple of years can be traced back to the tension between these two characters. She wants to embody both, but they don’t fit together (and neither is real).

Reactions: 27
I agree. As a skill and also holding a driving license, its part of being an independent adult in 2023. A person with a driving licence adds value to a workplace. Its also a nice feeling to know that you don't need to rely on others to get from A to B. Not judging anyone who chooses not to drive tho. Also, the anxiety in learning to drive is real for many people. I hope Roob sticks to her driving lessons and gets more independent...
I don’t think we can necessarily slate Ruby for paying for taxis as i imagine public transport is poor in her area (ie not buses to the train station which seems a drive away). at least she’s taking some responsibility for her own transport for a change instead of Mummy!

however growing up in rural areas most teens accept that they will need to learn to drive asap (even if they can’t afford their own car - perhaps share the family 2nd small car) or move to a city with public transport links.

Me rail- I don’t drive but I live in a town with buses and trains to work and rely on myself unless I’m coming home late in which case my partner might offer to pick me up partway (mainly so our dinner isn’t too delayed!). Even if I could drive I wouldn’t do so to and from work as the parking is horrifically expensive - far cheaper

cycling-teacher-Ruby- an aesthetic has truly been missed here she could have got a vintage Penny farthing and collaborated with Miss Patina on some Cycling bloomers

Reactions: 5
View attachment 2325000

View attachment 2325053

View attachment 2325016

Her nature journal was basically the type of school projects my primary school used to give us for spring holidays. We were like 8 or 9 yo. I mean that's a nice little project for yourself but to promote and sell it uh... I wouldn't dare.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.