Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't see the problem with not wanting to learn how to drive, you don't need to drive to be an adult.

Reactions: 21
I don't see the problem with not wanting to learn how to drive, you don't need to drive to be an adult.
But then you need to live in an area which has the infrastructure for this. Ruby can’t live in her cottage because she can’t drive. The UK as a whole isn’t set up like this.

But then you need to live in an area which has the infrastructure for this. Ruby can’t live in her cottage because she can’t drive. The UK as a whole isn’t set up like this.
Exactly this. It seems lots of young people are choosing not to learn to drive nowadays, which isn’t a bad thing, we don’t need more cars on the road. But they live in more urban settings with public transport infrastructure. Ruby wants to live out her cottage-core fantasies and avoid people that aren’t her immediate family, but still refuses to learn to drive despite having ample time and opportunity. Now she’s a burden on those around her who have to chauffeur her around everywhere. She needs to either suck it up and learn to drive, or fly the nest and live in a town/city. The next nine months in Oxford doesn’t count if she intends to go straight back to the family pile afterwards 😂

Reactions: 14
To be somewhat fair for once, she’s been taking driving lessons, and I’m guessing both her parents were away that week (Granada lol) so she probably doesn’t take taxis all the time. I don’t drive (we have great public transport) so I would just walk or bike a short distance like that, but I guess it’s all about what you’re accustomed to. And she’s accustomed to being chauffeured around.

I'm someone who absolutely loves to drive and it seems to be the only thing i'm great at (I'd like to thank my adhd for helping me notice every little thing on the road). BUT, recently, people have been driving fcking nuts and i only avoided incidents because i was quick enough to notice things.

I don't even blame kids for not wanting to drive now, but like, if you live in the middle of nowhere you NEED a car. (Sighs in living in the midwest USA, hardly any public transportation here... minus sketchy buses and decent trains in Chicago)

Reactions: 15
Regarding the taxi and learning to drive, I think of city living as shown in Sex and the City, a particular episode where the girls borrow a car and realise that none of them knows how to drive, because they've lived the city life. Yes, thats a fictional example. But when I am in the city for work, i use only public transport, walking or if Im struggling ( I have a chronic pain injury) I'll take a taxi or uber even if its just a few blocks over.

However, I personally believe that knowing how to operate a car and holding a license to drive is such an important skill. I am currently a bit rural, I'd be screwed if I didn't know how to drive a car. Also, many employers prefer an employee that knows how to drive. Even if one doesn't have one's own car, it can be very important that an employee is able to drive a company car for a variety of reasons. Driving is a life skill. A rather necessary one.
---
Just wondering, is that a reflection on the computer screen? Or is it lots of nasty finger prints?

1689913733102.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Regarding the taxi and learning to drive, I think of city living as shown in Sex and the City, a particular episode where the girls borrow a car and realise that none of them knows how to drive, because they've lived the city life. Yes, thats a fictional example. But when I am in the city for work, i use only public transport, walking or if Im struggling ( I have a chronic pain injury) I'll take a taxi or uber even if its just a few blocks over.

However, I personally believe that knowing how to operate a car and holding a license to drive is such an important skill. I am currently a bit rural, I'd be screwed if I didn't know how to drive a car. Also, many employers prefer an employee that knows how to drive. Even if one doesn't have one's own car, it can be very important that an employee is able to drive a company car for a variety of reasons. Driving is a life skill. A rather necessary one.
---
Just wondering, is that a reflection on the computer screen? Or is it lots of nasty finger prints?

View attachment 2322649
Finger prints. Normally there's nothing with that kind of shape in her window space so...
---
Regarding her most recent video, I don't see an issue taking the taxi to and from work? I work nights and I don't drive. Also, I hate walking home in the dark so I book a taxi to pick me up when I finish my shift. I really dont see the issue?
For me the only issue with that is that she always pretends to not have lot of money and seems rather stingy ( just the state of her clothes, remember the dress) while we all know that she has enough to take the taxi. Plus the fact she constantly brags about being fond of cycling and wanting to do something for the environment, taking the taxi for a short distance like that is the opposite, which add to her long list of everyday lies, it's not even a shared trip.

I guess nobody would notice it if she acted like her normal self and simply say that she doesn't like the idea of driving herself and prefers to take a taxi because she can. But here it's the lies which make the idea annoying. Take that just like her "veganism", nobody would be angry at that if she didn't said she has some food preferences, but her pretending to be a vegan then having leather items is just a lie for attracting a very trendy public and that's the main problem here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I'm actually somewhat happy to see Ruby take a taxi to work. I'd like to think her parents sat her down and went "right you're an adult now with a job and it's your responsibility to get there and back"

Do I actually think that happened? No of course not. But it's nice to see Ruby not get driven by her parents as a 23 year old adult who is more than capable of learning how to drive (and tbh should know how to drive by now given that she lives in an area where you really need a car to get around).

In short it's nice to see her somewhat acting like an adult, even just for a split second. But we all know it won't last...shame
I'm guessing her parents were on one of their many holidays that week.

It says a lot that her default option when it comes to transport is to inconvenience other people and rely on mummy and daddy to ferry her wherever she wants, up and down the country, whenever she wants.

It's also extremely revealing that when that option is taken away, she immediately resorts to blowing money on taxis to take her 5 minutes down the road and back for her 3 hour work day rather than walk or cycle, after spending years trying desperately to convince people that she happily walks several miles a day for fun as part of her VARRY PRODOCKTIVE SCHADULE.

She's just lazy and entitled, and that's fine if she has the money to waste and can't be bothered to walk, cycle or get a bus, but she should just say that. "I was feeling tired from doing nothing this week and really couldn't be bothered with walking. Money isn't an issue for me and I only work at the school to pad my CV a bit, so the cost isn't a problem. Given the option of hard work and convenience, I'll take convenience every time. Better the money go to someone who works hard than sit in my bank, am I right?" Instead, she lies, and her getting taxis everywhere when it's not cost-effective and she has other options she claims to prefer simply doesn't track with any of the fake stuff she claims every week.

It's yet another dead giveaway that all her claims that she's SYO SOSTAINABOL AND REDDYOOCES CARBON EMISSIONS WHEREAVVER POSSIBOL and LOVES TYOO WALK AND COICLE AVVERYWHAAAR and IS SYO VARRY FRYOOGAL are all lies. It should be blatantly obvious by now that every time she claims she goes for a 15 mile walk or goes on 7 "RONS" a day, she's literally just filming herself running in circles in her yard for a minute or walking to the end of the lane and back and passing it off as a mammoth expedition amongst her list of fake tasks.

Reactions: 23
I'm guessing her parents were on one of their many holidays that week.

It says a lot that her default option when it comes to transport is to inconvenience other people and rely on mummy and daddy to ferry her wherever she wants, up and down the country, whenever she wants.

It's also extremely revealing that when that option is taken away, she immediately resorts to blowing money on taxis to take her 5 minutes down the road and back for her 3 hour work day rather than walk or cycle, after spending years trying desperately to convince people that she happily walks several miles a day for fun as part of her VARRY PRODOCKTIVE SCHADULE.

She's just lazy and entitled, and that's fine if she has the money to waste and can't be bothered to walk, cycle or get a bus, but she should just say that. "I was feeling tired from doing nothing this week and really couldn't be bothered with walking. Money isn't an issue for me and I only work at the school to pad my CV a bit, so the cost isn't a problem. Given the option of hard work and convenience, I'll take convenience every time. Better the money go to someone who works hard than sit in my bank, am I right?" Instead, she lies, and her getting taxis everywhere when it's not cost-effective and she has other options she claims to prefer simply doesn't track with any of the fake stuff she claims every week.

It's yet another dead giveaway that all her claims that she's SYO SOSTAINABOL AND REDDYOOCES CARBON EMISSIONS WHEREAVVER POSSIBOL and LOVES TYOO WALK AND COICLE AVVERYWHAAAR and IS SYO VARRY FRYOOGAL are all lies. It should be blatantly obvious by now that every time she claims she goes for a 15 mile walk or goes on 7 "RONS" a day, she's literally just filming herself running in circles in her yard for a minute or walking to the end of the lane and back and passing it off as a mammoth expedition amongst her list of fake tasks.
Do we know the distance between her job and her house?
Because if it's literally 5 minutes down the road then there's no reason why she had to take a taxi. Like, Jesus. I get that it's August and it's really hot but she really couldn't walk or cycle for 5 minutes instead of blowing money on a taxi?

Ignoring the fact that when you accept a job offer, even a phony one like this one, you have to make sure you have the ability to get to work and back independently. You can't always rely on your parents who have their own life and jobs (well her parents don't but you know what I mean). I could accept that from a 16 year old with their first summer job, not a 23 year old recent graduate. She works for 3 hours a day in the middle of the day, it's not like she would have to walk home in the dark.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Do we know the distance between her job and her house?
Because if it's literally 5 minutes down the road then there's no reason why she had to take a taxi. Like, Jesus. I get that it's August and it's really hot but she really couldn't walk or cycle for 5 minutes instead of blowing money on a taxi?
It's a 2 mile trip from her house to the school. Google Maps says it's a 6 minute drive, a 40 minute walk (by main roads, she could probably shortcut that considering it's all fields and country lanes there) or 10 minutes by bike, so a perfectly reasonable distance for her to get there on her own if it's a nice day and she JANUINELY LOVVS WALKING AND RONNING AND COICYLINGG.

And you just know there's no way she's tipping that driver for this pointless commute.

Reactions: 16
It's a 2 mile trip from her house to the school. Google Maps says it's a 6 minute drive, a 40 minute walk (by main roads, she could probably shortcut that considering it's all fields and country lanes there) or 10 minutes by bike, so a perfectly reasonable distance for her to get there on her own if it's a nice day and she JANUINELY LOVVS WALKING AND RONNING AND COICYLINGG.

And you just know there's no way she's tipping that driver for this pointless commute.
This was literally her opportunity to be a Victorian cycling teacher girl. Or Edwardian, Anne Shirley independent feminist teacher lady aesthetic. She could've even created content out of it: 'How I pack my bicycle for waarhrk' etc. Instead, she opted for Mr Big sitting in the back seat of the car/ personal driver situation. Not sure why this is my second SATC reference in the past few hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Last addendum to the latin topic, I promise! I forgot to mention that where I´m from it´s similar to what @Corneilya and @Ilaariaa wrote: latin is part of most schools curriculum (state/public as well as private school), so having had enough latin for certain uni courses is in most cases not really an issue. It´s very interesting to get to know more about how things work in the UK though, so thank you for all the input! 😊

As for driving: I´m from a city and in day to day life use public transport, so I rarely drive. However I think being at least able to drive a car is a certain life skill people should have if the circumstances allow it (ie being able to afford the driving lessons and other fees). I hope Ruby does finish her driving lessons and gets her driving license, it would be a huge step in the direction of reality that she´s not a 12 year old anymore.

Reactions: 10
As for driving: I´m from a city and in day to day life use public transport, so I rarely drive. However I think being at least able to drive a car is a certain life skill people should have if the circumstances allow it (ie being able to afford the driving lessons and other fees). I hope Ruby does finish her driving lessons and gets her driving license, it would be a huge step in the direction of reality that she´s not a 12 year old anymore.
I agree. As a skill and also holding a driving license, its part of being an independent adult in 2023. A person with a driving licence adds value to a workplace. Its also a nice feeling to know that you don't need to rely on others to get from A to B. Not judging anyone who chooses not to drive tho. Also, the anxiety in learning to drive is real for many people. I hope Roob sticks to her driving lessons and gets more independent...

This was literally her opportunity to be a Victorian cycling teacher girl. Or Edwardian, Anne Shirley independent feminist teacher lady aesthetic. She could've even created content out of it: 'How I pack my bicycle for waarhrk' etc. Instead, she opted for Mr Big sitting in the back seat of the car/ personal driver situation. Not sure why this is my second SATC reference in the past few hours.
I'm honestly surprised that she did not use the cycling to do and Edwardian/Victorian dress up/ look book video. It would be different and it would actually be somewhat interesting. I thought as well, she would cycle at least for the asethic of being a Edwardian feminist teacher etc.

I do wonder how often use uses the taxi to get to work or if her parents do drive her nine times out of ten. Admittedly, I did have my parents drive me to my old job when I was her age but it was in the middle of a country estate and there was not a safe pedestrian path and cars would speed. I did use to walk back though and cut through the woods though my dad did not like me doing that. I'd use my parents to drive me home from my current job or I'd take taxies, just because I finished late at night as buses were non existence and it was safer to do that than the hour walk at 11 at night. My dad was somewhat okay with my walking to work for an hour at 4 in the morning though for an early shift though.

Reactions: 7
lol I just installed a new ”safe browsing” extension and it won’t let me go to Roobee’s website at all, says it’s ”harmful” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Idk about you but Google Maps is also pretty "slow" compared to my walking pace. Like usually when Maps says it's a 15 minute walk it's probably gonna be a 10 minute walk max for me

I wonder if Martha had moved back and was home with Ruby during the week their parents were on holiday. We all know Ruby is terrified of being home alone/intruders so I wonder how she coped if she was home alone during the week Mummy and Daddy were away. If Martha hadn't moved back by that point I wouldn't be surprised if someone stayed at the house to babysit stay with Ruby.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.