Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you all just know her address and bring up that fact so casually like it isn't a very stalker-y thing to do? 🥴

Reactions: 3
Some people know her address but I think most of us just know her general area. I’m pretty sure no one would post her details openly - it’s just information that can be found if you look. It’s the same for anyone who becomes a public figure and doesn’t aggressively shield their information.

If I were Ruby I wouldn’t be worried about Tattle but about the obsessive fans from YouTube.

Reactions: 22
Some people know her address but I think most of us just know her general area. I’m pretty sure no one would post her details openly - it’s just information that can be found if you look. It’s the same for anyone who becomes a public figure and doesn’t aggressively shield their information.

If I were Ruby I wouldn’t be worried about Tattle but about the obsessive fans from YouTube.
I just did a precursory search and didn't find it though? I found that Willowtree thing that was posted earlier, which I can safely assume isn't it, but it's most definitely not just there and easy to find.

I think there's cause for concern about both, the amount of people who say they have dreams about her and know her address in these threads 💀 I'd be more worried about that, if I were Ruby, than the comments on her account 💀

(I'm fully braced for the 'oKaY, RuBy' comments that always get rolled out like clockwork)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I just did a precursory search and didn't find it though? I found that Willowtree thing that was posted earlier, which I can safely assume isn't it, but it's most definitely not just there and easy to find.

I think there's cause for concern about both, the amount of people who say they have dreams about her and know her address in these threads 💀 I'd be more worried about that, if I were Ruby, than the comments on her account 💀

(I'm fully braced for the 'oKaY, RuBy' comments that always get rolled out like clockwork)
We’re all here because we have more than a passing interest in her doings. I have regular dreams about Gordon Ramsay (the other night, we were catching puffins together in the Faroes of all places), but I’m not going to go find him any more than I’m going to go find Ruby. Just snarking on someone online really isn’t a very strong motivator to go stalk someone irl, whatever you may think about it. Let’s not concern troll.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The real creeps are weirdos like Penultimate on her comments section.

or Ruby herself; being a friendly ADULT pen pal to her tween subscribers 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 25

She's reined it in a lot now but Ruby herself has put that information out there herself in a lot of ways over the years. She's intentionally or unintentionally doxxed herself in content and over. She intentionally had all her school information on her public LinkedIn (which she has listed under her fake Ruby Granger name rather than her real name) for the longest time, for example.

I have no interest in doxxing her, so I'm not gonna say what to Google, but it is really easy to find with information that's been provided in her content. Personally I was only curious to know where she lived since it adds additional context and contradictions to some of her lies and the weirder things she does in her content, like getting a taxi to work when it's practically round the corner from her.

I've never dreamt about Ruby, but I feel like if you spend your waking hours doing something a lot, it's likely to seep into your dreams. If you binge-watch a TV show, you might dream about it, and if you watch a lot of content regularly from an influencer, the same's true there, too. I don't think it's a sign that anyone's building a shrine to Ruby in their attic.

Reactions: 23
Yeah, I have to agree with others that it’s really not that weird to dream about her - I never have myself but it wouldn’t bother me if I did. Occasionally a random public figure will pop up in a dream and it’s no big deal! Just the brain doing its thing.

For me, I find it (mildly) entertaining seeing Ruby misrepresent places because we are close enough that we end up sometimes going to the same locations (organically, not on purpose!). Just at a personal level it’s funny to me to see that YouTuber spin that she puts on stuff. I wouldn’t normally post about that because it’s too niche.

Edit: but obviously I would never want to put her at risk in any way!

Reactions: 6

Did you really go out of your way to visit this thread and call us creeps?

Reactions: 9
We’re all here because we have more than a passing interest in her doings. I have regular dreams about Gordon Ramsay (the other night, we were catching puffins together in the Faroes of all places), but I’m not going to go find him any more than I’m going to go find Ruby. Just snarking on someone online really isn’t a very strong motivator to go stalk someone irl, whatever you may think about it. Let’s not concern troll.
I didn't come here with the intention of 'concern trolling' whatever that may be. @coldestofspirits said that people in her comments are more of a cause for concern, and I'm saying I disagree. So... who's doing actual concern trolling here - about the youtube comments?

She's reined it in a lot now but Ruby herself has put that information out there herself in a lot of ways over the years. She's intentionally or unintentionally doxxed herself in content and over. She intentionally had all her school information on her public LinkedIn (which she has listed under her fake Ruby Granger name rather than her real name) for the longest time, for example.

I have no interest in doxxing her, so I'm not gonna say what to Google, but it is really easy to find with information that's been provided in her content. Personally I was only curious to know where she lived since it adds additional context and contradictions to some of her lies and the weirder things she does in her content, like getting a taxi to work when it's practically round the corner from her.

I've never dreamt about Ruby, but I feel like if you spend your waking hours doing something a lot, it's likely to seep into your dreams. If you binge-watch a TV show, you might dream about it, and if you watch a lot of content regularly from an influencer, the same's true there, too. I don't think it's a sign that anyone's building a shrine to Ruby in their attic.
See, this makes sense, thanks. I didn't know she had released information about herself previously, because I really didn't find anything online.

Did you really go out of your way to visit this thread and call us creeps?
No, love. I visit these threads because I'm interested in Ruby's content, as Griftwood said - like everyone here, and thought it was weird that non-public information was being mentioned very casually as if it were casually accessible, which I don't think it is.

Relax, no one's out to get you, you're not going on a list, we're all allowed to remark on what we think is strange or not.

EDIT -
I wasn’t concern trolling, just pointing out that Tattle is hardly the weirdest reaction to Ruby’s online presence. 😂
And I disagreed and was clearly lighthearted/jokey about the dream posts... I don't know how what I said was concern trolling. Not to play mod, but for the sake of keeping the thread tight, not gonna keep going back and forth about who the REAL creeps in Ruby's life are, seems like a weird race to the bottom when I was specifically mentioning her address seeming like common knowledge here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I wasn’t concern trolling, just pointing out that Tattle is hardly the weirdest reaction to Ruby’s online presence. 😂

Reactions: 1
No, because Latin offering is so uneven depending on what type of education you have and within the UK. Most schools do not teach it at all, and the UK education system (at least within humanities) values equal access quite highly, so there are fairly big efforts not to create barriers to people coming from less privileged schooling contexts. Ruby could have had private Latin lessons at any time (even as a teenager), if it was a real interest of hers, but of course many people would not find it quite so easy to access that. It is possible to some extent to combine self teaching and grants / financial assistance for intensive courses.

Some universities offer catch-up courses for things like Latin if you want to learn enough to use it in early modern studies. There is good awareness now of how diverse people’s prior knowledge is (some have a very good training in Latin while others have 0). You can even do a classics degree at Oxford without having studied classics before, it’s just very intense!
Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering as well. And thanks for all the other intel about France and Italy. In Germany every school that offers you a degree that qualifies for university will most definitely offer Latin. Most secondary schools offer it from 7th grade (age 12-14)onwards. If you didn’t get enough years of Latin in school or never choose to do it or didn’t have the opportunity - every university offers Latin courses that you have to pass to qualify for your chosen degree. If your degree has a mandatory Latin test part obviously. You can do the Latin while already starting the degree. But if you then fail the university Latin course (3 times or didn’t pass after a certain amount of semesters) that’s obviously bad and you can’t finish this degree at this university. I will say I am so glad I had the foresight and just sat through Latin classes from 7th grad. I wasn’t good but I was just good enough to pass. No way would I have passed a Latin course at uni. I got lucky because the tests were always the translation of some old Roman or Greek mythology and I love those. So I just needed to find out which it was. Otherwise I would have bombed.
So here it’s mandatory to be able to study certain degrees but our education system (secondary and tertiary) seems to give more opportunities to actually achieve the needed level.

Reactions: 7
Slightly off topic but I believe you have to do some Latin when studying medicine
In the UK you don’t need to formally study Latin at school in order to do medicine, but there is Latin terminology in medicine that you will use as you progress in your studies later (at university), so it’s certainly not unhelpful!

This is interesting. In the US, it is rare for schools to offer latin unless it's some expensive private school, so universities don't expect any of us to know latin. That being said, sometimes we get taught some common latin roots and suffixes in the English language for English class, but that's also not very common or thorough.

Is that the floor of her KITCHEN that she robot-hoovered? God that's nasty. Couple that with bare feet outside trailed inside, sheets just on the floor with god-knows-how-much piles of dust under the bed, grimy fingerprints all over screens, disgusting mugs and dishes that are haphazardly washed, a wooden table that's lost its protective coating and has coffee splashed over it every day, clothes with stains, etc etc.

I understand if someone doesn't have time to clean, but she has all the time in the world to do busywork. Why does she never put "clean" in her to-do lists? Living in that much filth, she probably smells like body sweat, musky clothes, and dirty house.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Slightly off topic but I believe you have to do some Latin when studying medicine
Where I’m from you have to have had latin in order to study medicine, but I’m not sure whether you can take some complimentary courses before starting your proper studies at Uni or not if you did not have Latin in school. For law the latter option is possible, but as I wrote in an earlier comment latin is kind of a standard at schools here so usually it’s not a problem.
---
As for her Willowtree company she seems to have been in a legal dispute about copyright infringement in 2021?

Is that the floor of her KITCHEN that she robot-hoovered? God that's nasty. Couple that with bare feet outside trailed inside, sheets just on the floor with god-knows-how-much piles of dust under the bed, grimy fingerprints all over screens, disgusting mugs and dishes that are haphazardly washed, a wooden table that's lost its protective coating and has coffee splashed over it every day, clothes with stains, etc etc.

I understand if someone doesn't have time to clean, but she has all the time in the world to do busywork. Why does she never put "clean" in her to-do lists? Living in that much filth, she probably smells like body sweat, musky clothes, and dirty house.
I feel like at this point since everything is so filthy, they should shell out for a professional cleaning company to give them a nice deep clean and then never let it get this bad again.

Someone mentioned that they have multiple houses. I would imagine they're all in a similar state which is kinda horrifying.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.