Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched her latest video on preparing for back to school university.

I genuinely can't see any other outcome for Ruby other than training as a teacher after her Masters. She is so clearly bizarrely emotionally attached to the academic year. How on earth would she work a normal 9-5 where September is just another normal month????!
She wouldn’t pass the interview or the first term of placement for teaching, she doesn’t have the minerals. I think she’ll keep trying with writing and worst case try and get a PhD. She doesn’t need to worry about it being funded either

Reactions: 15
These comments are the first shown in tje comment section and have many likes!

The first and third comment in the one picture are good too.
And does she really say (rewatch it at the moment) like in the one comment that you should unsubscribe her if you don't find her content helpful?

Attachments

Reactions: 4
These comments are the first shown in tje comment section and have many likes!

The first and third comment in the one picture are good too.
And does she really say (rewatch it at the moment) like in the one comment that you should unsubscribe her if you don't find her content helpful?
Every time she shows herself unsubscribing from something, she says to unsubscribe from her channel if her content isn’t doing it. Then the fans comment tit like ”you’re the only youtuber I follow” and ”she’s so humble omg 🥺” and she eats it up like the vain, attention-seeking airhead she is.

• Haha

I genuinely can't see any other outcome for Ruby other than training as a teacher after her Masters. She is so clearly bizarrely emotionally attached to the academic year. How on earth would she work a normal 9-5 where September is just another normal month????!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. She should volunteer with her local Brownies or Guides, where the safeguarding rules and the rest of the team will make sure she's interacting with the girls appropriately (this is the bit she's demonstrated time and time again she can't be trusted to do on her own!) but she'll get to live out her dreams of working to a termly timetable with summer, Christmas & Easter holidays, being among young girls, being a mentor to them and getting some experience at actually being a responsible adult, especially if her unit turns out to be the more outgoing kind.

Reactions: 8
She could never hack it as a teacher. The only kind of teaching she could do would be in an independent school (aka private), where you don’t actually have to have a qualification in order to get a teaching position - but even this is fairly rare, and not in core subjects like English. She’d have a very, very hard time finding a job. The sort of people who tend to get unqualified teacher roles in private schools are generally those who did in-demand subjects like classics.

Reactions: 16
I can imagine her putting her camera somewhere and imitating that Snape walk in the corridors.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
In fairness, she has finally changed her duvet after 2 months. Unfortunately, she's changed it to her VARRY AUTOMMINAL PONKIN DYOOVAY COVVAH, so it's a given that it'll stay on there until December when she puts that winter PANGWIN BADDING back on.

View attachment 2395831

The question is, has she finally changed that oatmeal striped sheet she had on there for 3 months?

View attachment 2395832

There's a pale sheet of some kind poking out from under the checked flat sheet (which is still draped all over her dusty floor), but it's hard to tell if that's that same swampy sheet she slapped on straight from the packaging and left on since May.
Can she not manage to tuck sheets in? Why is it hanging like that?! 🤔

Reactions: 4
Can she not manage to tuck sheets in? Why is it hanging like that?! 🤔
She’s trying to hide the mess of random crap she’s shoved under the bed to gather dust. I feel like she’d benefit from a little visit from c. 2017 Marie Kondo, the hoarding is out of control.

god I wish I had Ruby’s same life opportunities. She takes it all for granted and play pretend 70% of the time.

Like Oxford doesn’t seem to be a big deal to her at all… but then again a lot of higher educated people take their opportunities (finance, time, didn’t struggle most of their life with an unknown learning disability (me), etc) for granted while simultaneously looking down on anyone who just has a 2 or even 4 year degree, as if that MA+ degree is what makes you more “INTELEKTUAL” than any silly little plebs. (If I sound bitter I’m sorry haha)

Reactions: 11
I've said it before and I'll say it again. She should volunteer with her local Brownies or Guides, where the safeguarding rules and the rest of the team will make sure she's interacting with the girls appropriately (this is the bit she's demonstrated time and time again she can't be trusted to do on her own!) but she'll get to live out her dreams of working to a termly timetable with summer, Christmas & Easter holidays, being among young girls, being a mentor to them and getting some experience at actually being a responsible adult, especially if her unit turns out to be the more outgoing kind.
her idea of camping is playing tents in the back garden.

she’d not last 1 night on a proper Guide camp!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ruby? As a mentor even if it's only for few weeks? Not sure it's a good idea. It's not even about being inappropriate, it's just about herself. Maybe after truly working on herself? But the Ruby we know now wouldn't be a great mentor.

Reactions: 10
Ruby? As a mentor even if it's only for few weeks? Not sure it's a good idea. It's not even about being inappropriate, it's just about herself. Maybe after truly working on herself? But the Ruby we know now wouldn't be a great mentor.
Yeah, the last thing she should be doing is working with or around children again.

It's not like she has any genuine interest in working in childcare or teaching as a fulfilling career to further the development of others, she clearly just wants to be around kids to live vicariously, prolong her own long-expired childhood and try to impress people far younger than her.

Her Peter Pan complex has probably been one of the most stifling parts of her personal development considering she's still cosplaying as a primary school girl with her child's bed and pictures of children all over her walls. I hope no other employers enable that bullshit.

She'd be better off getting a job working with and around adults in a role that she didn't secure through nepotism, it might give her a shred of life perspective. So far, she still hasn't left her sheltered bubble even when she was "wahhrrking".

Reactions: 23
She's lived in a bubble of play pretend and being pampered and coddled her entire life. What she needs is a reality check.
She'll never mature if she doesn't spend meaningful time with people her own age and older, seeing firsthand how many responsibilities they have, how independent they are and what is expected of them.

In order to gain real self confidence that is rooted in reality and actual achievements (not just delusions of being a genius and never doing anything wrong), she needs to do something that is actually worthwhile and has real consequences. Up until now all she's done is duck around, because nobody expects anything from her or wants anything for her.

Reactions: 24

Teaching is actually a very difficult job. You have to be patient and there is a lot of meetings with school, fellow teachers, and parents to be considered. You have to make lesson plans and exams, be able to speak constantly and keep your students interested, as well as under control. You have to deal with kids getting into fights with each other and getting unexpectedly sick on the desk. You name it, teaching covers it. You also have to correct papers and exams after hours. She was already complaining on how tired she was just working part-time as an assistant for 2 days a week. She would also have to figure out permanent and dependable commuting and not rely on Ubers and parents. She will pick up every virus they have and yet really can't take any sick days. Schools are very strict on how much time you take off. This is all the basic stuff. It does not take into consideration how ill-prepared she is, nor how immature and awkward she is socially. She would be a wreck at the end of the first day.

Reactions: 19
Hi, lurker here, sorry for asking this out of the blue, but can you guys recommend other youtubers who have a similar aesthetic to Ruby's without being as frustrating as she is? I mean stuff like fountain pens, long country walks, vintage books with yellowed pages, etc

Reactions: 7
Hi, lurker here, sorry for asking this out of the blue, but can you guys recommend other youtubers who have a similar aesthetic to Ruby's without being as frustrating as she is? I mean stuff like fountain pens, long country walks, vintage books with yellowed pages, etc
https://www.youtube.com/@emmiereads Canadian booktuber that is very down to earth and finishing her 4 year degree. She likes classics, but she doesn't pretend to like every classic like Ruby does. My only criticism of Emma is that sometimes she rates books that are seen as "trashy" low even if she enjoyed reading them. She used to do a lot more nature walks, but her bf got a job in Toronto, so they live in the city now. She still takes frequent trips home when there's a lot more mountains and greenery because she really enjoys being out in nature.

Reactions: 17
Ruby wouldn’t like today’s kids anyway, they’re all glued to screens and silly videos instead of proper play :)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I could see her trying to get into teaching just to live out a governess fantasy

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She's lived in a bubble of play pretend and being pampered and coddled her entire life. What she needs is a reality check.
She'll never mature if she doesn't spend meaningful time with people her own age and older, seeing firsthand how many responsibilities they have, how independent they are and what is expected of them.

In order to gain real self confidence that is rooted in reality and actual achievements (not just delusions of being a genius and never doing anything wrong), she needs to do something that is actually worthwhile and has real consequences. Up until now all she's done is duck around, because nobody expects anything from her or wants anything for her.
Idk, she does have an alcholic mother who seems determined to keep Roobles entirely dependent on her for her own gratification, which is probably the root cause of Ruby's whole...Ruby. Regardless of anything else, that is not an easy road in life for anybody. It is certainly not a coddled life. I don't think she has a chance at developing anything resembling a normal life while Clare has got her tangled up in the co-dependent death grip of an addict.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.