Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God, this defensive, lie-filled planner-shilling video is beyond embarrassing.

Starting off a video acting huffy and with a chip on her shoulder is definitely a great look for someone trying to convince people to fork over £18.50+P&P for a pile of tit.

"OIY DYOO YEEESE THIS PLANNAHHH..." Ruby says, passive-aggressively.
(Ruby attempts to prove this by angrily flipping through a whopping two whole pages, then abruptly cuts away to a weird split-second image of some businesspeople standing in a field for some reason:

View attachment 2373406

Then cuts to a different angle of her showing the same pages again.)

She claims she uses her planner daily for 4 years, yet still struggles to find any that have been used consistently outside of advertisements and the same planner pages always crop up again and again.

She's clearly aware that people know she doesn't use it and yet can't be bothered to either fess up or make the lies convincing and thought that committing to filling out a few fake pages in a row ahead of filming this video would sell her bullshit.

I don't know why anyone would buy what she's selling, figuratively or literally. Just endless lies to try to sell naïve children some overpriced trash that Ruby doesn't use herself.

View attachment 2373558

The planner's literally only just launched and already she's telling customers that they'll be late.

And in a truly impressive feat of lazy incompetence, the listing page has the description for last year's planner by mistake, claiming the new one to have a woodland theme and illustrations from someone who's not Ruby.

"The forth annual Academic Planner is here." Perfectionist. Genius. Born for Oxford University.

They've had a whole year to plan for this and she couldn't be bothered to double-check the listing before it went live. Just staggering how she fucks up so much, so often.
£18.50 for that? I had thoughts of a tenner at most. Honestly filling in planners doesn't replace actual study. Reminds me of GCSEs. I spent all day writing a timetable and then believed myself to have worked hard at my studies. I looked like I was working but as a strategy for learning it was as useful as an empty library. I feel a lot of Ruby's productivity is about this kind of empty shelf activity. Of course we all need some kind of study plan but spending hours writing to do lists or personal goals is not actually that useful. We'll, at least not in my opinion. Time would be better spent actually learning the material so there is time for some, let me randomly select something, social activities. This could prevent someone becoming imbalanced and socially awkward individual & acting years younger than their actual age like...erm...who am I thinking of that fits that description? That name escapes me at the moment.

Reactions: 18
So not only does she want to be THARTEEN, she writes like she's THARTEEN too.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
A "reasons to be happy" section is so problematic, honestly. Being happy isn't something achieved through "reason", Ruby. People who have mental health struggles can feel immense guilt about not being happy because they know they have many good things in their lives. Making a list of them isn't going to automatically create happiness.

For a planner aimed at young people, it isn't a good message.

Reactions: 15
I’m late with this but did this grown adult woman really print off a load of random “quotes” off Tumblr and make a pointless little scrap book with them 💀
I'm afraid you've already got it wrong with "grown adult woman".

• Haha
Reactions: 3
1692005854919.png

This is so fucked up lol. She thinks it's normal to list and rank your "friends" as part of yearly reflections, in July. As if friends are seasonal things bound to change like your favorite song, or they cease to exist as soon as the school year is over. I mean, even if that were true, you still wouldn't need a list to remind you of your closest friends? I swear she always acts like a robot on the brink of gaining sentience.

And I am so sorry, but this Gary Numan song which may or may not be about robot "companions" reminds me of Roo and her best friend Blackie:
1692005674188.png

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Screenshot (626).png

Ruby Ruby. Can't even write her name without bleeping it up. Why would u go out of your way to show this one lol even though u signed 150 of them??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 2379628

Ruby Ruby. Can't even write her name without bleeping it up. Why would u go out of your way to show this one lol even though u signed 150 of them??
Plus she's signing every one that she prints, so why didn't she just leave a blank space for that? Instead, she printed her name/signature in the book, and now she's putting a written signature next to a printed signature. Just baffling incompetence in everything she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Plus she's signing every one that she prints, so why didn't she just leave a blank space for that? Instead, she printed her name/signature in the book, and now she's putting a written signature next to a printed signature. Just baffling incompetence in everything she does.
And she's supposed to be that person who plan everything... That little detail tells so much about her.

Reactions: 7
I AM A WROITAH.png

The self-care page in her newest planner is sending me 😂 First I misread "staying healthy" as "staying wealthy" (but I realised my mistake soon enough because, let's be honest, that would show entirely uncharacteristic amounts of self-reflection on her part), then there's the constant Blakeney-ing - I'm surprised her study break ideas don't include writing a letter to her bestest friend Blakeney or hunting her down from three counties over to "brainstorm ideas" for her upcoming seminar, and finally the ever-present affirmation of I AM A WRITER. THIS IS MY IDENTITY. Also, love her planning "sitting by river", "exploring libraries", "formal dinners" and "extra lectures" without even finishing her pre-readings for the year. If she wasn't so adamant about her love for Early Modern English literature, I would've thought she applied to Oxford for other reasons than their wealth of rare manuscripts and facsimiles! :eek: (But don't worry, Ruby. YOU DESERVE TO BE HERE.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Also, there must be something very wrong with her if going out to get tea or coffee by herself is something she feels the need to work towards. Agoraphobia? A fear of being alone in general? I don't know what it is but it's serious.
To me this was way more about optics, how she wants to be seen by all her new classmates rather than actually something she wants to do. We all know she is all image no substance.

Reactions: 10
The thing is, if she was so determined to sign every planner why not do it on a different page? Same effect, but it doesn’t look as stupid as “Ruby Ruby” (the lesser known Kaiser Chiefs song) — it’s the weird combination of doing everything for the aesthetic, but in the most haphazard half-assed way possible that it then makes the aesthetic worse. For someone who prides herself on organisation and being meticulous, it’s actually funny af.

Like I could even understand if it was just every so often, we’re all human, mistakes happen, but literally everything she does ends up this way.

Reactions: 8
I am just so curious to see how she will react to realising Oxford is just a normal university with normal people. Sure with formals and pretty buildings (not all of them though) but like... it's university, not Hogwarts :') I went to Cambridge and sure, biking home late at night among the beautiful buildings sometimes was magical, when it wasn't freezing and raining, as were formals with friends.. but... 99% of my life wasn't romanticised. I really hope she can cope with the work and doesn't spend all her time fake studying in pretty libraries

Reactions: 25
To me this was way more about optics, how she wants to be seen by all her new classmates rather than actually something she wants to do. We all know she is all image no substance.
Yeah I kind of agree. I always wanted to be the kind of woman who had a glass of wine in the evening, it seems so sophisticated and cosmopolitan. I prefer cocktails, I don’t really like wine 😂 it’s just the aesthetic of the sleek lady I wanted to be

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I would absolutely freak out if I saw my name plastered throughout someone's planner. I don't care who they are or how well we knew each other. That just takes on such an obsessive stalker vibe. Blakeney, beware! She is after you. I will easily assume she saw us commenting on how odd it is that she refers to her as her "best" friend, all the time, and yet only saw her once in the course of a year, where she basically had no commitments. She has been judged and this is her way of flipping it to try and make it right.

I feel like she is going into Oxford with the mentality that it is undergrad work. She is going to study only in September to brush up on her major. She has had a full year to do so, yet didn't do a thing. You are supposed to go into your grad work with a lot of knowledge on the subject. She has none. I honestly don't think she has any idea of what she has got herself into. I'm dying to find out where she lives, if she will be alone, is she bringing Mommy with her, will she have a new roommate who will become her next best friend, or her arch nemesis? Only time will tell...

Reactions: 14
I wonder why she wrote ”year one” here, it’s a one-year degree to begin with 👀 Does she not know how long her degree is, or is she already planning to eke it out to two years somehow?

IMG_2352.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.