Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fayeloliik

(Looong time lurker here)
The hilarious review of Ruby's book made me dig mine out and re read it. The snobbishness of Erimentha is unbearable o_O I've complied some of my favourite extracts that are too good to not share. It's obvious Ruby has a fantasy of being some kind of child prodigy - it really does read like fan fiction of herself. I think she is trying to live out this fantasy in her real life and trying to avoid growing up and realising she is of average intelligence.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36

missmina

VIP Member
I'm not so sure that Ruby is all sweet and nice to be fair. Like Erimentha is clearly based off of her and she's just insufferable snob who thinks she's the smartest child ever (when she's clearly the opposite). I think Ruby is exactly the same. She's shown some signs of being judgemental against "different" lifestyle choices (like for example describing romance plots as boring and omitting them in a book), she's delusional, closed off and, as it turns out, very uneducated despite believing she's so so smart.

• Heart

berkeleymoon87

The CV is awful, to most employers it just screams privileged rich girl with no life experience. It looks so different to mine. Its also so full of waffle, talking about ending world hunger on about 3 separate occasions is odd
She's literally just advertising herself as a white savior. Lol.

DigiDuino

(Looong time lurker here)
The hilarious review of Ruby's book made me dig mine out and re read it. The snobbishness of Erimentha is unbearable o_O I've complied some of my favourite extracts that are too good to not share. It's obvious Ruby has a fantasy of being some kind of child prodigy - it really does read like fan fiction of herself. I think she is trying to live out this fantasy in her real life and trying to avoid growing up and realising she is of average intelligence.
“Perhaps this shibboleth” please put the thesaurus away Ruby. I beg you

• Haha

missmina

VIP Member
What is this face why even post something like that lol
That’s what annoys me the most in her, the fact she puts zero effort in making things presentable and good quality. Instead of refilming bits of vlogs that didn’t turn out well or just not including them in the final version she just doesn’t care. Same with this picture, just take another one it’s your job after all.
BEC4EACB-4E46-4433-8AE9-5F2278DF6C4F.jpeg
58B2D089-DD80-4902-8A65-A0150135304E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick

wastelandbaby

If Erimentha (spelling? I'm too dyslexic for this) is meant to be based on Ruby, I find it pretty concerning that she doesn't see any fault in the way she talks to other people. There's nothing wrong with being into learning and making volcanos at the weekend, but the way the character talks to others comes across as mean and condescending, bordering on bullying itself. She seems to equate bullying as something experienced by quiet, 'bookish' people, like that video that was posted on here a while ago where she spoke about her friend being bullied and a lot of it seemed to be contrasting people who like books with other people who don't.

wastelandbaby

Tbh from her responses to this situation it’s very clear she doesn’t think shes done anything wrong regarding her decision to accept payment for the holocaust memorial day ad. I feel like her real personality has come through a bit here, she thinks she knows best and won’t accept any critcism of her actions. Really and truly, I think she was either raised (or learned) to take criticism as bullying, and so just seems to ignore it or brush it off and I think that’s what she’s doing here
This - I get the impression that growing up she was often met with "Oh Ruby, aren't you marvelous?" from both her parents and her small independant school where she'll have got lots of individual attention. The comments on her YouTube videos only feed this golden child persona - they're full of young teens feeling guilty that they're not as 'productive' as her. She never addresses these comments where people feel bad about themselves in comparison to her - I get the impression these comments boost her ego even further.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

HanHanHan

I feel like she accepted the money, then received backlash so pretended that her plan was to 'reinvest' it back into the cause (keeping it deliberately vague in the hope that this would be enough for people to stop questioning her). But this prompted even more questions, so she hastily came up with a half-baked idea to make it seem legit. I highly doubt that the memorials will actually happen, she's just covering her back. It's the laziest way to do it as well - she's literally asking her followers to come to her rather than doing any of the work herself. Just seems like a steaming pile of bullshit to me.

• Heart
  • Angry

meweme

is she holding you at gunpoint and forcing you to go to sleep at 20.30 or sumn? 😭
Nope, but if you ever read her comment section you would see that people express feelings of inferiority if they can't keep up with her schedule. So a little more sensitivity and framing would be nice. Like explaining why she likes to do it that way and maybe also addressing that it's most important to find the rythms that suit you and your lifestyle instead of constantly putting out these unrealistic routines and enjoying the fact that an army of young people is expressing feelings of inferiority and adores you for your discipline. That's just narcistic, not inspirational.

• Heart

sergeantsantiago

Everyone was right at the ‘re-investing’ instead of ‘donating’.
Well, the charity is still best placed to arrange memorials in schools? Is she just looking for something else to put on LinkedIn? She’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Heart

n8459

Chatty Member
Erimentha Parker's to do list
Chapter 4

Overview: Chapter 4 is a brief one so I thought I'd recap it today as I have nothing productive to do. It's generally an interesting insight into Erimentha's relationship with adults - her overfamiliarity with staff at the school and how she expects them to be dazzled by her brilliance despite the fact they have a heavy workload and are responsible for several other young people.
These overviews are genuinely making my day and have made me laugh out loud multiple times, please keep doing them!

• Heart

n8459

Chatty Member
Why is she, a non Jewish woman, trying to make herself the face of this? Why isn’t she using her platform and following to push attention towards a Jewish activist?

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I feel like she accepted the money, then received backlash so pretended that her plan was to 'reinvest' it back into the cause (keeping it deliberately vague in the hope that this would be enough for people to stop questioning her). But this prompted even more questions, so she hastily came up with a half-baked idea to make it seem legit. I highly doubt that the memorials will actually happen, she's just covering her back. It's the laziest way to do it as well - she's literally asking her followers to come to her rather than doing any of the work herself. Just seems like a steaming pile of bullshit to me.
Seriously I've lost so much respect for Ruby after this. Before she just seemed like a clueless, immature girl playing make believe, but ultimately harmless. But this really sounds like she's trying to profit off of the freaking Holocaust. What is wrong with her?

• Heart
  • Sick

RosePetals

Chatty Member
Thanks to you silly lot I’ve caved and bought Ruby’s book. On the first page and I wonder if she’s aware that the person she rights about is seriously mentally unwell??

First page quote:
(morning to do list which is basically wash, eat, dress, pack bag)
I read the list over carefully to check for mistakes. One of my bullet points is a little bigger than the others but it’s not so messy that I’ll have to redo it...I learn it by heart, staring so hard that my eyes go fuzzy and I get an ache in my belly.
Sis that ain’t healthy please put the £3 you’ve gotten from me buying your book towards another therapy session because yikes

• Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Wow. This is all so unnecessary. There are charities whose exact job is to educate kids on the Holocaust by taking them on trips, arranging events, etc. How about she donates to one of those instead of half-assing something herself?
I'm sorry but this whole thing is extremely suspicious.
Yes ... I can see this going a bit wrong. Equally what is Ruby’s qualification to decide who gets the funding, and for what?

• Heart

newtoyou

VIP Member
I dunno, just throwing this out there!! Obviously we don’t know anything but I just can’t get over the similarities. Even their photos on insta are the same!! Like purposely dressing younger and looking cute. I dunno... I just wanted to share. Maybe part of the reason she’s so organised and routine is because it turns her on. I have no idea haha but thought I’d post anyway
This makes me a bit uncomfortable. I understand you don’t mean any harm but I don’t think there’s anything to suggest there’s a sexual element to her routines? Seems quite a reach! 😅 Also think it’s important to normalise that some people aren’t sexual or just don’t like talking about it, rather than that they’re repressed in some way 💚

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Everyone was right at the ‘re-investing’ instead of ‘donating’.
Silly question, why can't the Trust themselves invest the money into schools, why does the money need to go via a 3rd party like Ruby?

ETA:
By accepting the money she's made a rod for her back because now she has to do a performative task of proving the money has been 'reinvested'. If she had declined the money and simply said 'We remember those who died so cruelly in the Holocaust' then she could carry on. Because she accepted the money she now has a dent in her reputation and also now has to be seen to do something about it.

This is where influencers get caught up because they are greedy. The Trust wouldn't know her bank details without her providing them so she brought this on herself.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart