Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, the House of Pankhurst speech she has shared on her story. How has she been invited to speak at this? SHE SAYS NOTHING.

It's all buzzwords and the most shallow, basic observations - Emily Pankhurst's words are "still relevant today", there are people whose voices are kept quiet today TOO but she doesn't elaborate or give any specific examples, because she doesn't know any because she lives in a privileged bubble. The campaign is "so important", a phrase so overused by Ruby that it means nothing and signals her having nothing specific to say.

I absolutely loathe seeing her get opportunities like this. How do people not see through her?
And why is she cosplaying again with the sash? It’s so strange, like a five-year old at Disney who wants to dress like a princess. That’s fine if you’re five but so strange when you’re in your mid 20s.

Reactions: 13
And why is she cosplaying again with the sash? It’s so strange, like a five-year old at Disney who wants to dress like a princess. That’s fine if you’re five but so strange when you’re in your mid 20s.
She must be performative. That's all there is to her

Reactions: 5
If she does get in I hope she leaves her former Youtube acquaintance, Molly, alone, remember she had signs of an ED, signs of relapsing then deleted all her YouTube videos? I hope she is doing well. The last thing she needs is Roooobeeee asking to meet for ass-stetic matcha lattes, for content.
Molly was as fake as Ruby and possibly even more unhinged. At least Ruby is consistent in her bizarre personality and style. Molly would just delete all her videos and rebrand as an entirely new person every few months, usually skinwalking as another youtuber she admired and copying all their content. I’m surprised she’s stayed away from social media this long this time, I don’t think she deleted because she was unwell, I think she was just busy at Oxford and her videos were embarrassing. I wouldn’t be surprised if her and Ruby meet up.

Reactions: 10
Erimentha Parker Chapters 12 & 13:

Plot -
- Mum takes Ruby food shopping and says she can get a treat. She choses a blueberry nature bar and a carton of banana milk. Mum buys Nathan a chocolate milkshake and chocolate buttons and then comments that he will be hyper tonight. Ruby then essentially says she is full of tit because sugar doesn't trigger hyperactivity in children
- While browsing the frozen ravioli they bump into Julia, one of mum's friends, who invites them round for a BBQ as a "New School Year celebration of sorts"
- They waffle on about aerobics and yoga
- We finally find out that Julia has two daughters, and one of them is Kimberly.
- Ruby goes to visit her grandmama (yep that is the term she uses) who is fluent in 5 languages, partially fluent in another 7 and a bookworm just like Ruby
- Ruby posts a letter into her grandmama's letterbox before going in to talk to her
- Grandmama compliments Ruby's outfit and she makes sure to say she has had the skirt since she is 8 (wow she even body checks in her book!)
- They go on a walk even though it is cold and talk about books and then how last summer they swam in the river. An old man had let Ruby use his tape measure to calculate the height and width of the river so she could calculate the hydraulic radius, which Ruby then turned into a special presentation for her grandmama
- I think Grandmama is meant to give Ruby good advice by saying unkindness doesn't last forever, and that she will always have friends in books but the conclusion is basically Ruby thinks she can try change Kimberly which probably isn't the best message

Quotes -
- "I flinch at the informality of the invitation"
- "I speak French, of course, but that's only because Mum grew up in Paris"
- "I expect my cheeks are as red as cherry tomatoes in the bitter wind and I feel them with the back of my hand - my cool fingers burn against the sensitive tissue"
- "I would like to have the postman deliver my letters too but the stamp-cost is simply too high (no way could it be covered by an eleven-year-old's pocket money!)"
- "It's not that she wants to completely isolate herself from the outside world but her dissolving eyesight means that she can no longer drive and she was never a fan of buses" (Ruby please never use the word dissolve when talking about eyes)
- "Grandmama bundles herself up in a warm ski coat, the same one she wears on our annual trip to the alps"
- "Outside the wind bites at our cheeks, nipping at my nose like an excitable puppy"
- "I admit defeat and deflate like an untied balloon released from a child's sticky fingertips"
- "I was always one to meticulously stay within the lines and was even given a special certificate for it when I was in reception ... Dad framed it and hung it on the wall"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Erimentha Parker Chapters 12 & 13:

Plot -
- Mum takes Ruby food shopping and says she can get a treat. She choses a blueberry nature bar and a carton of banana milk. Mum buys Nathan a chocolate milkshake and chocolate buttons and then comments that he will be hyper tonight. Ruby then essentially says she is full of tit because sugar doesn't trigger hyperactivity in children
- While browsing the frozen ravioli they bump into Julia, one of mum's friends, who invites them round for a BBQ as a "New School Year celebration of sorts"
- They waffle on about aerobics and yoga
- We finally find out that Julia has two daughters, and one of them is Kimberly.
- Ruby goes to visit her grandmama (yep that is the term she uses) who is fluent in 5 languages, partially fluent in another 7 and a bookworm just like Ruby
- Ruby posts a letter into her grandmama's letterbox before going in to talk to her
- Grandmama compliments Ruby's outfit and she makes sure to say she has had the skirt since she is 8 (wow she even body checks in her book!)
- They go on a walk even though it is cold and talk about books and then how last summer they swam in the river. An old man had let Ruby use his tape measure to calculate the height and width of the river so she could calculate the hydraulic radius, which Ruby then turned into a special presentation for her grandmama
- I think Grandmama is meant to give Ruby good advice by saying unkindness doesn't last forever, and that she will always have friends in books but the conclusion is basically Ruby thinks she can try change Kimberly which probably isn't the best message

Quotes -
- "I expect my cheeks are as red as cherry tomatoes in the bitter wind and I feel them with the back of my hand - my cool fingers burn against the sensitive tissue"
- "I would like to have the postman deliver my letters too but the stamp-cost is simply too high (no way could it be covered by an eleven-year-old's pocket money!)"
- "It's not that she wants to completely isolate herself from the outside world but her dissolving eyesight means that she can no longer drive and she was never a fan of buses" (Ruby please never use the word dissolve when talking about eyes)
- "Grandmama bundles herself up in a warm ski coat, the same one she wears on our annual trip to the alps"
- "Outside the wind bites at our cheeks, nipping at my nose like an excitable puppy"
- "I admit defeat and deflate like an untied balloon released from a child's sticky fingertips"
- "I was always one to meticulously stay within the lines and was even given a special certificate for it when I was in reception ... Dad framed it and hung it on the wall"
"my cool fingers burn against the sensitive tissue", could totally see Ruby writing absolute smut with lines like these

Edit: "excitable puppy", oh god

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Oh god, the House of Pankhurst speech she has shared on her story. How has she been invited to speak at this? SHE SAYS NOTHING.

It's all buzzwords and the most shallow, basic observations - Emily Pankhurst's words are "still relevant today", there are people whose voices are kept quiet today TOO but she doesn't elaborate or give any specific examples, because she doesn't know any because she lives in a privileged bubble. The campaign is "so important", a phrase so overused by Ruby that it means nothing and signals her having nothing specific to say.

I absolutely loathe seeing her get opportunities like this. How do people not see through her?
Factor in the garbled fake posh AMMA WOTTSYUN accent and yet another head-wagging dramatic reading and I don't know how she and/or the audience aren't dying of cringe.
---
Wow, what a relatable protagonist
A true working class scholarship queen.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Erimentha Parker, the desperately poor scholarship kid who cannot afford postage stamps, yet takes an annual ski-trip to the alps.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but in her latest TikTok.. someone commented, "incredible privilege", and she replied with "I know!!!" like that's such a weird reply? Not sure if I'm reading it in the wrong tone.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
"LostGhosts, post: 14186612, member: 214342]
Quotes -
Must resist - so many possible thread titles. ‘Flinching at the informality of the invitation’, ‘She speaks French, of course’, ‘Her cool fingers burning against the sensitive tissue’, ‘Our eyesight is slowly dissolving’, ‘Deflating like an untied balloon released from a child’s sticky fingertips’ (that’s probably too long but I love that one especially), ‘She’s got a certificate for staying within the lines’.

• Haha
All this skiing talk of Ruby's "relatable" protagonist reminds me this absolute gem:

Nd9GcR6vYUnfJye7k8NlaSow1fDyKq-zKRXldQK-w&usqp=CAU.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 45
"I was always one to meticulously stay within the lines and was even given a special certificate for it when I was in reception ... Dad framed it and hung it on the wall"
Meanwhile my high school diploma has been gathering dust on a bookshelf at my parents' house for 5 years because my mom never got around to hanging it up even though she keeps saying she'll do it. Soon to be joined by my Master's degree diploma

• Heart
I don't understand why Ruby is speaking at a suffragette bunch other than her management set it up for her What has Ruby done for feminism or even said something to do with women's rights other than sharing an Instagram story? I am feeling more bothered by this than I should be as I've done work on the suffragette movement for a dissertation for university. I feel as if there should have a historian or someone who is for a women's rights group in Ruby's place, I didn't hear her speak but I feel as if it was a lot of buzzwords. I'm getting fed of people like Ruby getting into places and speaking just because of their management when she clearly has nothing to say that is of importance.

Also, is Ruby going to take on a history nerd persona as she is one apparently? I'm hoping she doesn't as it will make me hate doing a MLitt in history as Ruby will put me off my course with her being into history and describing things as 'cool.'

Reactions: 24
Meanwhile my high school diploma has been gathering dust on a bookshelf at my parents' house for 5 years because my mom never got around to hanging it up even though she keeps saying she'll do it. Soon to be joined by my Master's degree diploma
Join the club! My degree is shoved in the back of a filing cabinet, and the masters will join it when I finish that. My frosties 25m swimming certificate is on proud display on the front door though so everyone who visits can see that

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I don't understand why Ruby is speaking at a suffragette bunch other than her management set it up for her What has Ruby done for feminism or even said something to do with women's rights other than sharing an Instagram story? I am feeling more bothered by this than I should be as I've done work on the suffragette movement for a dissertation for university. I feel as if there should have a historian or someone who is for a women's rights group in Ruby's place, I didn't hear her speak but I feel as if it was a lot of buzzwords. I'm getting fed of people like Ruby getting into places and speaking just because of their management when she clearly has nothing to say that is of importance.

Also, is Ruby going to take on a history nerd persona as she is one apparently? I'm hoping she doesn't as it will make me hate doing a MLitt in history as Ruby will put me off my course with her being into history and describing things as 'cool.'
from what i can tell its not really a feminist campaign, its run by the luxury hotel on the site of emmeline pankhurst's old home and the hotel is just doing some silly corporate event with a bunch of influencers to launch the program or something. Ruby definitely tried to make it seem like it was actually something to do with feminist activism/history. https://london-post.co.uk/kimpton-f...pporting-artists-that-embody-feminist-values/

Reactions: 15
All this skiing talk of Ruby's "relatable" protagonist reminds me this absolute gem:

View attachment 1996179
Lol, I've just seen the "which skiing goggles should I keep" TikTok, such a good question to ask to spark engagement, especially with the cost of living crisis. I can tell she's working in her old private school, it's probably a normal conversation there.

Reactions: 14

What do you mean, Ruby is a proven women's rights activist! In one of her videos, she quoted her lecturer who said that wearing makeup is anti-feminist and she has been avoiding makeup since! Such activism, much feminism.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Lol i've viewed her tiktok account a few times, and now whenever i'm scrolling through my FYP, her posts randomly come up and she really does make me chuckle, she just seems so out of place on tiktok 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What do you mean, Ruby is a proven women's rights activist! In one of her videos, she quoted her lecturer who said that wearing makeup is anti-feminist and she has been avoiding makeup since! Such activism, much feminism.
She also occasionally shows herself drinking tea from an Emma Bridgewater mug that says ‘votes for women!’, which in activism terms is practically the same as gluing yourself to the Houses of Parliament.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.