Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay hey I actually have to defend her here: it’s a kinda big trend if you have Harry Potter content on four fyp and the point is to go through the filter and think of your family history on the spot as if you were in a conversation with someone on the train.

The way she did it was absolutely Ruby style tho. Making the other person out to be a bully just because while throwing subtle shade at Slytherin herself? Also not sure but I think the notion of having two dads made her cringe for a second? And of course her voice sounded like the British™️ program in her brain was overheating.

But I think it’s nice to see her trying some trends. Maybe she actually enjoys it or she’s trying to become less weird or more relevant, who knows. Put some practice into it, figure it out, it might actually become something worth watching.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I have too much time and nothing to do.

Reactions: 14
I went to a grammar school and it was the worst experience ever. I hated every minute of it. The pressure to do well academically was paramount and the school I went to had basically no pastoral care so my mental health was tit (which was the same for many other students). Depression, anxiety, self-harm and eating disorders were all rife. Grammar schools are definitely overhyped, to be honest I think I would have done better academically and been more well-rounded if I went to a mixed comprehensive which had better teaching facilities and student support.

I have no doubt Roobs would have cracked under the pressure of being at a grammar school, as it's a selective school based on academic ability. She wouldn't be top of the class, she would've been bog standard average. She wouldn't be able to accept that other individuals are naturally brighter than she is while not spending every waking minute being pRoDoCtiVe lol

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry if this is off-topic or anything, but would anyone have any other study youtubers they'd recommend? I liked the "cosy" sort of atmosphere of old StudyTuber videos, and I always like revision tips and days in my life and that sort of thing. Most of the UK StudyTubers have aged out or are unrelatable so I'd love some good recs, thanks guys xx
Look up [university] day in the life or study with me and you can find some pretty good smaller youtubers that genuinely do it for their love of sharing content. Most of the big ones eventually go in the Ruby/Jade direction

Reactions: 3
Okay hey I actually have to defend her here: it’s a kinda big trend if you have Harry Potter content on four fyp and the point is to go through the filter and think of your family history on the spot as if you were in a conversation with someone on the train.

The way she did it was absolutely Ruby style tho. Making the other person out to be a bully just because while throwing subtle shade at Slytherin herself? Also not sure but I think the notion of having two dads made her cringe for a second? And of course her voice sounded like the British™️ program in her brain was overheating.

But I think it’s nice to see her trying some trends. Maybe she actually enjoys it or she’s trying to become less weird or more relevant, who knows. Put some practice into it, figure it out, it might actually become something worth watching.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I have too much time and nothing to do.
For me, it's not so much that she's doing TikTok trends/Harry Potter trends, but that she's not remotely funny or charismatic and is completely incapable of improvised thought, so she's terribly suited to doing that kind of content.

So she's trying to be funny (I think) but...there's no joke there, it's just Ruby listing things that Harry Potter character things have done while smacking her lips a lot and constantly shaking about like a bobble-head for some reason.

Reactions: 20
My partner and I went to grammar schools (different schools, different counties) and tbh in both of our experiences the standard of teaching wasn’t particularly high, we had large class sizes, pretty much zero opportunities for 1 on 1 time with teachers, very little SEN support etc.
I went to a grammar school and it was the worst experience ever. I hated every minute of it. The pressure to do well academically was paramount and the school I went to had basically no pastoral care so my mental health was tit (which was the same for many other students). Depression, anxiety, self-harm and eating disorders were all rife. Grammar schools are definitely overhyped, to be honest I think I would have done better academically and been more well-rounded if I went to a mixed comprehensive which had better teaching facilities and student support.
Absolutely. I've said similar things about my experience here on Ruby's threads before. Many of my teachers were just lazy because they knew they didn't really have to work to meet targets. Year after year they just taught the same thing and never really had any behavioural issues to deal with. In fact, some of them seemed to have so little to do they spent their time bullying you. Bad experience, 0/10, would not recommend.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It was sweet, but I noticed that Ruby again emphasized how they didn't go to university without acknowledging her other privileges (giant house, generational wealth, etc). To be fair, it's totally valid that they'd be proud and try on her gown, but Ruby makes it sound as though she had to overcome all of these obstacles when in reality she's much more privileged than most people with university-educated parents.
Mm this is such a good point. She really used the fact that they didn’t go to university to make it seem like she’s had so many struggles to overcome… when she’s literally a landlord

Reactions: 23
779433B2-5B96-4DD9-977F-0E18DE0420F5.jpeg

I’m sorry, but no. Stop wishing the year away. Time moves fast enough as it is without wishing Autumn upon us when August has only just begun. Besides, forecasters are predicting another 35°+ heatwave in August so you can pack away your woolly jumpers for another few months yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Ah, cue lots of references to "au-tomminull" vibes and "pomp-kins" or whatever else she mispronounces.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1462387
I’m sorry, but no. Stop wishing the year away. Time moves fast enough as it is without wishing Autumn upon us when August has only just begun. Besides, forecasters are predicting another 35°+ heatwave in August so you can pack away your woolly jumpers for another few months yet.
Wtf! Shut up Andrea, I don't want summer to be over yet! It's only the first of August ffs

On an unrelated note, I watched some of Ruby's very first university vlogs last night (cause youtube keeps suggesting old Rooby vids for some reason?) and the difference to present-day Ruby is STAGGERING. So much so that I find it hard to believe they're the same person, it's downright creepy! Cause first-year Ruby just seems so much more normal and happy and well-adjusted compared to the current mess

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1462387
omg are pigs flying I actually really like this outfit

Reactions: 10
Wtf! Shut up Andrea, I don't want summer to be over yet! It's only the first of August ffs

On an unrelated note, I watched some of Ruby's very first university vlogs last night (cause youtube keeps suggesting old Rooby vids for some reason?) and the difference to present-day Ruby is STAGGERING. So much so that I find it hard to believe they're the same person, it's downright creepy! Cause first-year Ruby just seems so much more normal and happy and well-adjusted compared to the current mess
It is really sad, isn’t it? Pre-lockdowns, I think that there were still some signs that Ruby really wasn’t loving uni but she would at least spend weekends there and she just seemed so much more normal. Lockdowns, spending so long at home and moving into off-campus accommodation with only Blakeney really did a number on Ruby’s mental health and it’s so sad to see. I don’t honestly think that she would have enjoyed uni anywhere as it wasn’t what she was expecting (we all know she wanted a 30s boarding school where she was recognised as the queen of everything…) but first and second year Ruby is a totally different person to now, and the change isn’t a positive one.

are these ants?
Looks like mouse droppings but didn’t she have some dried lavender on her desk? I really hope it’s that …

Reactions: 15
Mm this is such a good point. She really used the fact that they didn’t go to university to make it seem like she’s had so many struggles to overcome… when she’s literally a landlord
Reminds me of the time she responded to the assumption that she was rich by downplaying it massively, defining her parents as just "financially stable" and noted that she was very grateful and aware of how privileged she is to have her own room, never mentioning that she has her own bleeping house.

She took the opportunity to point out there that none of her family went to university and most didn't get far in school, painting it as a real rags-to-riches underdog story that she has wealth and privilege.

Reactions: 19
I've said it before and I'll say it again. GIRL WHAT IS WE DOIN??????

IMG_2826.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

I have no doubt Roobs would have cracked under the pressure of being at a grammar school, as it's a selective school based on academic ability. She wouldn't be top of the class, she would've been bog standard average. She wouldn't be able to accept that other individuals are naturally brighter than she is while not spending every waking minute being pRoDoCtiVe lol
I went to a grammar school in Kent and there was a popular saying among the students that "A is for average, B is for bad." It was only when I went to uni and experienced a less overbearing / self motivated academic environment that I realised how messed up and needlessly pressurised it was.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Ruby recommends Anne of the Island because it's about how Anna maintains her identity from the countryside even when she goes to college... you can't make this up. Ruby, it's possible to hold onto your roots and personality while also developing as an independent adult. You've now graduated from college and are right back where you started, whereas Anne lives independently, makes some relationship mistakes, and ends up engaged

Reactions: 15
Oh, god, she made another Harry Potter improv TikTok.

It's cool if you have fun doing these, Ruby, but not every childish brain fart you have needs to be shared with an audience of thousands.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.