Ruby Granger #28 What a depacle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The banging noise in the background when she's discussing her dissertation feedback is sending me. I'm just imagining it's the sound of her violently kicking the wall in frustration that she only got 74.
Probably Blakeney trying to get out of the musty wardrobe honestly

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I should add that I go to Exeter and the grade inflation is real. There was an assignment where I didn't really have a clue what I was doing and ended up having to write it the night before it was due and I got an 80 when I was expecting a 2:2 at best. I also had two exams that I knew I'd done terribly in because I still had some fatigue after Covid but I got firsts in both. Take her grades with a whole mountain of salt.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I haven't watched Ruby in the longest time but wtf is this video? Being that wound up about a 74 is so unhealthy.
And yet more proof that she's learned nothing at all in the four years she'd been at university.

Every one of her grade reaction videos is the same after she cried like a baby for not being given a First for an essay in which she ignored the basic instructions of the assignment. A grade which wouldn't count towards her final degree anyway. And she still blamed everyone else and claimed she was punished for "taking chahhhnces".

You'd think she'd gain some perspective after that, but all she learned was how to piggyback off the work of others. Every grade reaction is the same - alarmingly high grades that clearly don't reflect her own intelligence and ability, yet she still picks fault, complains and argues with the feedback.

Reactions: 16
I haven't watched Ruby in the longest time but wtf is this video? Being that wound up about a 74 is so unhealthy.

The only time it matters is when you're pursuing academia and your offer says something like 'need a 65 in the dissertation component'. Is she pursuing academia? I don't even know anymore. Anything 70+ is fine though. I'm sure Ruby would be shocked to know I have a PhD with a ..low 2.1 in my bachelor's, and my friend on my PhD cohort (who is now a successful lecturer) only got a merit in her master's dissertation (and it was a low one - something like 62%)
Congrats! 😁 And thanks for explaining all this.
Ruby makes it look like you're gonna die if you don't get the best grade lol.

Reactions: 6
Congrats! 😁 And thanks for explaining all this.
Ruby makes it look like you're gonna die if you don't get the best grade lol.
That wasn't a boast btw, just pointing out that even in academia you don't need the top grade. You don't 'need' it ever, really. I feel quite sorry for these weird study youtubers really, they spend their whole lives studying and coveting top grades when in the real world literally nobody is going to care

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have no idea what any of my actual numbers were. I got a 2:2 and that’s all I know. FWIW my current boss has never seen my CV and doesn’t really know that I’ve even got a degree, let alone what I scored for each module. No one cares about the details!

The only time it matters is when you're pursuing academia and your offer says something like 'need a 65 in the dissertation component'. Is she pursuing academia? I don't even know anymore. Anything 70+ is fine though. I'm sure Ruby would be shocked to know I have a PhD with a ..low 2.1 in my bachelor's, and my friend on my PhD cohort (who is now a successful lecturer) only got a merit in her master's dissertation (and it was a low one - something like 62%)
Ah that's interesting to know! so Ruby really has NO reason to be disappointed with her 74 then. Cause she has said that she is planning on doing a master's (and I have a dreadful feeling that she's aiming for Oxford again) - but if they don't require a higher grade than 74, then what the duck is her problem here?

I guess the only explanation for why someone would feel disappointment at this grade is off-the-charts perfectionism and crippling insecurity. Being this fixated on high grades doesn't come out of nowhere, and we know it's not her parents pressuring her or anything like that. So my hot take is that her intense obsession with achieving high grades is driven by mental health problems most likely. Cause god it is so unhealthy to think like that

• Heart
That wasn't a boast btw, just pointing out that even in academia you don't need the top grade. You don't 'need' it ever, really. I feel quite sorry for these weird study youtubers really, they spend their whole lives studying and coveting top grades when in the real world literally nobody is going to care
lol you sounded really humble and kind, don't worry. 😊
So thanks for helping us.
I think they work like this because of their brand. I mean if you make a study channel /productivity channel, you have to prove that your advices work....
It's like if you do a dieting /sport channel and you're unfit, it won't work 😂.
But yeah they definitely are too extreme, for sureee.

Reactions: 3
She literally posted the same question on her Youtube community page yesterday although the wording is slightly different, I have to say it is strange though to see how the scores on her Youtube community page are nearly the same as her Instagram story post.
View attachment 1386261
If she wants a slightly more accurate idea of who would by her book, why doesn't she give them any more information to work with?

Why is there a "depends on genre" option. Ruby's written the bleeping book. She knows what genre it is. Tell people, then they have an idea if they want to read it or not.

How hard is it to just say:

"I've written a YA mystery about a former child genius caahwled Rubimentha Parkalottie, who's VARRY VARRY INTALLIGANT.

She works 4,500 hours a day, she AWLWAYS makes her BAD and DISINFACTS AVVERYTHING and DOES LAUNDRY AVVERY FEW HOURS. But because of how moch of a styooodioss bockwahrm she is, AVVERYONE is VARRY JALLOSS.

She somm-toyimes has tyoo step in and help her teachers grade everyone else's hyome-wahhrk because of her INTALLAGYUNCE, and she has nyo choice boht tyoo give tham VARRY LYOW GRADES that REFLACKT how stupid they all are compared to Rubimentha Parkalottie. She does remoind them that grades are JOHST A NOMBAH, syo that they won't feel tyoo bad, and assigns them extra hyome-wahhhrk syo that they kyan lahhrn tyoo dyoo batta. But despoiyte her basst afforts, SHE GATS VARRY MOCH BULLIED. ☹

Her step-dad is on a relaxing holiday, which is VARRY STRASSFULL for her. And her GCSE coursework is VARRY HARD and LYOTS AND LYOTS OF WAHHRK, even though she WAAHHRKS SYO HARD AND IS SYO SMART THAT AWHLL HER TEACHERS SAY SHE SHOULD BE ON A MASTERS COURSE ALREADY. But also a 9 YAHHR OWLD GAHRL gyoes missing, which is VARRY thoughtless and inconvenient of haahr to dyoo to Rubimentha Parkalottie.

Even syo, Rubimentha dee-soyds tyoo find the gahhrl during one of her VARRY PRODOCKTIVE STODDY BREAKS, because the combined afforts of the police simply aren't as good as Rubimentha Parkalottie's brains.

Is this a bock you would read?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Guys I love my new profile pic. It's taken from her recent insta story where she is trying not to look miserable while pretending that she loves writing.
I changed mine too and no one noticed 😭 Just kidding. I did change it but I'm hardly ever active anymore so I don't mind lol. My new PP isn't even half as great as yours😁

Reactions: 4

Yeah, I'm doing a PhD rn with a 2.1 in my UG, granted I bloody worked my arse off during my Master's and got a Distinction (and highest grade of my cohort, but there were only nine of us, and I was paying for it out of my own pocket so treated it like my 9-5 job lol) but still! End of the day, it doesn't matter that much.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think I made a new thread (hopefully)...

Reactions: 3
Is bird and blend tea worth the hype? Like do they actually taste of the things they trying to sell them as? I don't trust Ruby's opinion of them...she has liked every single one
I've said it before and I'll say it again. B&B is the worst tea I've ever tried. The ONLY flavours which actually taste like something, are the biscuit one and the mint chocolate one. All the other ones just taste like extremely watered down tea, no matter how long you brew it for. I even brewed several teas for much longer and it was so bitter I had to throw it. A massive waste of money. You'll find better quality tea in Sainsbury's/Tesco/etc!

The thing is, literally no employer ever is going as ask what score you got for your degree - honestly, literally not one. They will be interested in your classification for the first couple of jobs you get out of uni, but nobody will ever have the slightest interest in whether you got a 70 or a 99 (or a 60 or a 69 …)

The thing that Ruby has completely failed to grasp is that employers will be looking at what else you were doing alongside your degree - the sports, the extracurriculars, the societies, the committees, the voluntary work. You know, all of the things that Ruby hasn’t done one bit of since her first year. A first is great, but an employer looking at two CVs, one with a first and very little else and one with a 2:1 and evidence of being involved in other things, is probably going to go for the person with the 2:1. Given her position of relative wealth, health and privilege, Ruby has really squandered her years at uni by failing to see it as anything other than another set of exams to ace. It’s supposed to be about so much more and you’re not just supposed to come out of it with a grade and nothing else.

Reactions: 15
If she wants a slightly more accurate idea of who would by her book, why doesn't she give them any more information to work with?

Why is there a "depends on genre" option. Ruby's written the bleeping book. She knows what genre it is. Tell people, then they have an idea if they want to read it or not.

How hard is it to just say:

"I've written a YA mystery about a former child genius caahwled Rubimentha Parkalottie, who's VARRY VARRY INTALLIGANT.

She works 4,500 hours a day, she AWLWAYS makes her BAD and DISINFACTS AVVERYTHING and DOES LAUNDRY AVVERY FEW HOURS. But because of how moch of a styooodioss bockwahrm she is, AVVERYONE is VARRY JALLOSS.

She somm-toyimes has tyoo step in and help her teachers grade everyone else's hyome-wahhrk because of her INTALLAGYUNCE, and she has nyo choice boht tyoo give tham VARRY LYOW GRADES that REFLACKT how stupid they all are compared to Rubimentha Parkalottie. She does remoind them that grades are JOHST A NOMBAH, syo that they won't feel tyoo bad, and assigns them extra hyome-wahhhrk syo that they kyan lahhrn tyoo dyoo batta. But despoiyte her basst afforts, SHE GATS VARRY MOCH BULLIED. ☹

Her step-dad is on a relaxing holiday, which is VARRY STRASSFULL for her. And her GCSE coursework is VARRY HARD and LYOTS AND LYOTS OF WAHHRK, even though she WAAHHRKS SYO HARD AND IS SYO SMART THAT AWHLL HER TEACHERS SAY SHE SHOULD BE ON A MASTERS COURSE ALREADY. But also a 9 YAHHR OWLD GAHRL gyoes missing, which is VARRY thoughtless and inconvenient of haahr to dyoo to Rubimentha Parkalottie.

Even syo, Rubimentha dee-soyds tyoo find the gahhrl during one of her VARRY PRODOCKTIVE STODDY BREAKS, because the combined afforts of the police simply aren't as good as Rubimentha Parkalottie's brains.

Is this a bock you would read?"
😂😂😂. i think she's going for Erimentha in teen detective version....
And no idea why she's being so mysterious. Unless she plans to rewrite the book if most ppl don't like the genre lol.
Anyway we'll definitely read it when you make an adaptation of her book 😆

Reactions: 1
Ruby's grades are great. I'm unsurprised. But I hope she gets to a point where she almost regrets them. Where she sees people getting the same marks and higher having had richer social and extracurricular lives, having spent less time on the essays, having wacked them out in two hours because they studied smarter, read and analysed and understood better.

Reactions: 12
can't believe I really made an account here. lol it's fun to read the stuff about Ruby, but I also feel a bit bad?! I mean, I'm in my late 30s. I really don't have a life. 😃
I always wanted to be a writer. My first attempts at the tender age of 7-ish were ... well, I'm still waiting for my Pulitzer Prize! Reading the blurb of her book reminds me a bit of the stories I wrote as a kid.
If Ruby can do it, I can do it too, right? (funnily enough, I have the time, because I'm graduating from university at the end of the year and still have no plans for the future. If I pretend to be an author, it should work with my book, I guess. And I even got inspired by said wannabe-writer/youtuber/our favourite person).

btw I still don't understand what exactly getting a first means other than getting a first is very good. The British system is so different from the German. But "first" sounds better than 1 oder very good or 1.0 oder whatever.
Your English is great so don't take this as me making fun because I'm absolutely not (I'm also fluent in German), but I love how you wrote 'oder' instead of googling what 'oder' is in English :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.