Ruby Granger #28 What a depacle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oooh so the bookclub server is still abandoned? I never joined the studygram one
No, the screenshot I posted is from the book club! She’s getting deafening silence in response so far. (Of course she posted it in the ”new members” channel, which I’m sure most people have muted 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I am sorry but I cannot get over her recent story where she says "one of my characters makes literary references whenever she can" and then asks for references because she can't think of any... Ruby, I will give you the most cliched creative writing workshop advice: WRITE WHAT YOU KNOW. You cannot write about bookish characters because you are not one. You are incapable of reading and making sense of adult books. Write about characters who steal from charities? That's your forte.
It's also, a) aggravating and annoying when characters are constantly making literary references, because they add nothing to the story, b) it feels like the author is just trying to show off how well-read they are, and c) it's unrealistic. People who are passionate about literature still don't walk around referencing literature every other sentence. And Ruby would know that if she actually interacted with literature lovers in real life lol

Reactions: 26
Ruby is alive and actually interacting with people on her Discord server!
View attachment 1317659

Seems like she's rediscovered her own servers!
View attachment 1317662
gossip_guy said:
This might be challenging if, like Ruby, the one friend who you obsessively stalk, imitate and steal all your ideas from talk to about books won't return your calls like Blakeney a completely hypothetical friend who doesn't need a name on account of this being purely hypothetical *COUGH*BLAKENEY*COUGH*. In that case, you may need to start a book club or several Discord groups to get people together to steal book suggestions and thoughts from so that you don't have to read the books yourself, until you ultimately get bored and forget about the entire thing. But, again, that's purely hypothetical, because nobody would actually do that...
Suspicious timing is suspicious...

She's 100% only going to back to the book club and her abandoned Discords to try to use them as a resource to steal book ideas from. Expect lots of random "questions" like, "I was just wondering what's your favourite scene in which a very gifted bookworm whose family don't appreciate her is bullied for being too smart? Mine is Matilda, but yours should be books which I haven't read (like that narrows it down haha!) but I will act like I've read them as soon as you mention them because I can't have any of you common scum showing that you read more than me!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

She's 100% only going to back to the book club and her abandoned Discords to try to use them as a resource to steal book ideas from. Expect lots of random "questions" like, "I was just wondering what's your favourite scene in which a very gifted bookworm whose family don't appreciate her is bullied for being too smart? Mine is Matilda, but yours should be books which I haven't read (like that narrows it down haha!) but I will act like I've read them as soon as you mention them because I can't have any of you common scum showing that you read more than me!"
I, for one, can’t wait for the fallout 😆

Reactions: 9
It's also, a) aggravating and annoying when characters are constantly making literary references, because they add nothing to the story, b) it feels like the author is just trying to show off how well-read they are, and c) it's unrealistic. People who are passionate about literature still don't walk around referencing literature every other sentence. And Ruby would know that if she actually interacted with literature lovers in real life lol
I wonder if she's going for a 'The Secret History' type feel with high brow references to classics in literature. Part of what made Donna Tartt so famous was writing that book at a younger age.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I wonder if she's going for a 'The Secret History' type feel with high brow references to classics in literature. Part of what made Donna Tartt so famous was writing that book at a younger age.
She’ll never pull it off though 😂 It’ll be Peppa Pig x The Secret History at best.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Oh yes she is a big n0nce funder, like no hate to anyone who celebrated but I’ve been seeing it and just find it all a bit sickening, especially considering the fact there’s literally a cost of living crisis and millions of kids in the UK who are living in poverty.
duck why are people so disgusting.

I heard William cut him off instantly, so at least he has morals unlike the old grandma and her worshippers.

Thx for telling me. 😷

Reactions: 5
I cant see her messages hahha
Ohhh you also can’t actually respond in the new members channel, so what she’s done is effectively a post&run, with comments disabled 😂 lmao she fully knows everyone despises her for what she’s done and can’t face the backlash. She’s such a weak little bullshit person for real.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
wtf is ”rich tea biscuits with bits off”? she can’t eat an entire bleeping biscuit any more?

View attachment 1317589

Also, those cupcakes she showed earlier were so bleeping sad. She probably left out half of the sugar and fat, too.
I am willing to bet anything she meant biscoff because that's the only way a mini banoffee pie works. She's just too dumb to know how to spell it.

I'm going to suggest Heaven by V.C Andrews.

Imagine Roobs accidently stumbling down the V.C Andrews rabbit hole on her quest to steal content. I don't think she'd ever leave the manor again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Ohhh you also can’t actually respond in the new members channel, so what she’s done is effectively a post&run, with comments disabled 😂 lmao she fully knows everyone despises her for what she’s done and can’t face the backlash. She’s such a weak little bullshit person for real.
omg she's a coward and she KNOWS what she's done.
where did she post the picture and the surfing comment?

Reactions: 8
To recap the last part of the recap:

1 short story.
1 essay of a two essay collection.
1 poetry collection.
1 very short novel* (Incomplete).
6 outfit changes.

(*which apparently Ruby feels should've been full of flowery purple prose instead of the simple language which fittingly reflected its child protagonist, because all children must be precocious, verbose geniuses who use words she doesn't understand or Ruby's just not interested.)

7879878687687987.jpg

And then there's a haul shoehorned into this already far-too-long video. Why is this here?!

Ruby got some gifted teas, including a Rooibos tea, which she still can't pronounce or learn the pronunciation of, despite claiming to be devoted to researching and learning all of the things.

She's also changed her outfit again, suspiciously. She says it's because she just got a top in the post from Vinted. Apparently washing used clothes doesn't occur to Ruby. Remember when she claimed to be a germaphobe? She certainly committed to that lie for all of 12 seconds.

78798786876557587987.jpg

Ruby claims she's finished 'Frost in May', so she peruses the rest of her TBR stack. This includes "'As Goodastat' boiy Holly Jackson. It's the thard book in The Agut Garl's Doht-guy fum-tah-Marder series?" Ruby sounds like she's having some kind of brain embolism.

7879878687655758808097987.jpg

Ruby's in her 8th (!) outfit of this "day" and she's not even trying to make this tit believable.

78798786876557588056578097987.jpg

After rambling about how much she loves Jacqueline Wilson but won't allow herself to read a children's book, she reappears in her 9th (!!!) outfit of the bleeping "day".

7879878687655758805657854655097987.jpg

Since undeclared ads are like the icing on the multi-layer cake of lies that she serves up, she makes sure to slap another of those in there, too. She opens up some gifted "Bahhrd 'n' Bland" tea with no mention of her ties to the brand or that they sent her this for free.

7798798op[789-095489879980802944564121900=-09-.jpg

And then we're onto book four, which by Ruby's math should be book 5, but is really book 1 on account of all the zero reading of non-books she did.

7798798op[789-095489879980802944564128881900=-09-.jpg

Look what's also available on Perlego, which Ruby JANUINELY uses AVVERY SINGULL DAIYY.

This was also a gifted book, which is the only reason Ruby is pretending to read a book from a non-English writer and not a book about rich, young English girls. Ruby's torn between two lovers sponsors: Does she at least try to keep up the Perlego lie? Obviously not. Does she show her gifted Pushkin Press and declare it as an ad at the risk of looking even more like a fake-ass liar? Also nope.

Instead, she opts for the worst of all scenarios, failing to use Perlego in the exact circumstances where she claims only in paid ads that she AWLHWAYSS uses it, and instead whipping out a gifted paperback with no mention that it was sent to her for free (until later, at least). She couldn't look more like a fake, greedy, lying shill if she tried.

7798798op[789-09548987998080676872944564128881900=-09-.jpg

Ruby says she will only read a few short stories from the "COLLACK-SHUN AND THAN" she'll switch to "WHITE BAHRD", which she claims to have already read "TWANTY" pages of off-screen. It's a graphic novel, so another incredibly short read.

7798798op[789-0954898799808064534576872944564128881900=-09-.jpg

"It's a copple of dayslater noaw," Ruby says. Later than when isn't confirmed, but there was at least 7 days of footage in that video, so who the duck knows.

7798798op[789-0954898799808068787794534576872944564128881900=-09-.jpg

But, of course, before she can talk about the books she pretended to read, she interrupts the already way-too-long vlog with yet more bullshit that should've been its own video.

The RoOóÓoey-Bus tea tastes a lot like rÓoOöoEy-bus tea. That was definitely worth this pointless detour, wasn't it, Rooey-Buss? It also taste malty, apparently, though Ruby says that about every tea and I'm sure is just another word she heard once and doesn't know the meaning of.

7798798op[789-09548987998080687877945345768686872944564128881900=-09-.jpg

She then goes on to talk about the books in slightly more depth, but even with days to compile thoughts (or steal them from other places online), she still has nothing to say beyond parroted plot blurbs and vague nonsensical yammering. She didn't read these. At most, she skimmed through.

7798798op[789-09548987998080687877945345900768686872944564128881900=-09-.jpg

Ruby's thoughts on 'At the Bay': You should read this if you like to read writing. You should also read this at the beach. Because there's a beach on the cover, and that's probably all that Ruby read.

7798798op[789-095489879980806878779453459007686868729445649808128881900=-09-.jpg

Ruby's thoughts on 'Ariel' by Sylvia Plath: Ruby has JANUINELY read lots of Plath before, almost everything she's AVVER written, but Ruby simply forgot about it because it happened a long time (i.e. more than 30 seconds) ago. But it HONESTLY happened and she ABSOLYOOTELY DID read all the Plath. Ruby wouldn't recommend reading this all at once. Better to dip into it one poem at a time, like Ruby did when she read one poem and marked this comple--I mean, when she DAFFINITELY RADD AWLL OF IT. Most of her favourite Plath poems are in this collection, but she can't name one. Ruby spends more time talking about the cover than the contents.

7798798op[789-0954898799808068787794534590047477686868729445649808128881900=-09-.jpg

Ruby's thoughts on 'A Room of One's Own': Ruby LOVES READING ASS-AYS! Because ASS-AYS give you a fully-formed and explored opinion that you can steal for yoursel--I mean, they encourage you to look at the world in new ways! Ruby loved the way this ASS-AY explored SYNTAX and the AFFACKT of writing. Because syntax, spelling, grammar and coherency in writing is clearly VARRY important to Ruby. Then Ruby just recites a plot summary she read online.

7798798op[789-0954898799808068787794534594350047477686868729445649808128881900=-09-.jpg

Ruby's thoughts on 'Frost in May': Isn't the covvah SYOOO BEAUTIFUL?! It's like Mallory Towers because it has simple language and features a school. (Ruby's read so little that her only frame of reference for a story featuring a school is Mallory bleeping Towers. Again, this is why Ruby is resorting to having her fans write her book for her: There's nothing swirling around in her brain but dust and lies.) Ruby loves that this book mentioned theology. DIDJOOKYOW THAT RUBY STODDIED THEOLOGY?! Because she did. (And dropped out, because it was the only thing she had less interest in than reading, but anyway.) Ruby's VARRY INSTRASSTED IN THEOLOGY. This book taught her all about Catholicism, which she knew nothing about before, despite a supposed interest in theology. She took the word of the cover blurb which said this Catholic convent-focused content was VARRY accurate and did no further research herself. But Ruby LOVES REE-SARRCHING AND LAHHRING NEW THINGS AND CHALLANGING AVVERYTHING SHE READS. JANUINELY.

7798798op[789-09548987998080687877945345943500474776868685757746529445649808128881900=-09-.jpg

Ruby's thoughts on 'Murder in the Age of Enlightenment': "POOSHK'N PRASS ARE SYOO WOHNDERFOL AND THEY SANT ME THESE BOCKS AND THE COVVERS ARE SYO STONNING AND BYOOTAFUL. LAT ME TAL YOO ALL ABOUT THE COVERS OF POSHKIN PRASS BOCKS." Ruby then reads out the cover blurb. Ruby was really STROCK by how different AWLL of the stories in this short story collection were, even though she only read two of them. Ruby realised her lies are showing and then has to edit in a protest clip to say that SINCE THE READATHON SHE HAS RADD AWL OF THE BOOK. JANUINELY. HONESTLY. IT HAPPENED. PROMISE! Ruby really liked the shortest story in the book (no tit) - this was like a "MOORE-AL FABLE" (add "moral" to the never-ending list of words Ruby can't pronounce).

7798798op[789-0954898799808068787794534594350047477686868575tyry7746529445649808128881900=-09-.jpg

This book really reminded her of "Norweigan Wood" because they both have Japanese authors.

7798798op[789-0954898799808068787794534594534350047477686868575tyry7746529445649808128881900=-...jpg

Ruby's thoughts on "White BAHHRD boiy ARR JAYY PALASSY-YAY!": This was lent to Ruby by her "FRAND" (presumably a young child aged 12-16).

7798798op[789-095489879980806798=-09-.jpg

Ruby says this friend has a YouTube channel that everyone should go follow, but then she just points to a Jacqueline Wilson-y illustration that doesn't link to anywhere and there's no link in the description. This "FRAND" will apparently be doing the illustrations for Ruby's upcoming disaster of a planner, and the grift has many layers. Undoubtedly Ruby will not pay this "FRAND" for their services. The exposure will be their reward, even though Ruby refuses to link to their channel and they'll be getting in on the PONKIN' PRODOCKTIVTEE scam when everyone's stopped buying their products. And Ruby's still trying to keep the PLONKY PURDTRTEA grift going even after last year's "DEPACLE". What a moronic little cretin.

Speaking of grifts, this book is about the Holocaust, which is Ruby's favourite horrific historical event to milk for money. Ruby loves this book because it's about "coinedness". And then she veers off on a ramble about the importance of Holocaust education because Ruby hasn't learned a bleeping thing and will not leave well enough alone. Ruby does not, however, make any mention of all the Holocaust memorials she was going to start building in schools as soon as she graduated.

7798798op[789-09567768-.jpg

As if this video wasn't long enough, Ruby then tacks on some footage of herself writing a "LATTER" to a viewer, which she says she's trying to do in every video now. Why? Just write the damn letter in your own time and send it. Nobody cares about this tit besides the person getting the letter, and that's what the letter itself is for. But naturally, Ruby has to put everything on display because she expects praise for this act of kindness by interacting with a fan. Naturally, if a fan pleads with her to stop posting toxic content, she'll ignore them. But she'll happily write to a 12 year old girl to tell them about her favourite tea and ask them for book ideas.

This is also very clearly a postcard, not a "latter".

To recap, Ruby claims she read 5 books and 2 short stories from the gifted 'Murder in the Age of Enlightenment' collection.

'At the Bay' by Katherine Mansfield - a 31 page short story.
'Ariel' by Plath - a poetry collection, 81 pages.
'A Room of One's Own' by Virginia Woolf - Ruby only read one essay in a two essay collection. Somewhere around 112 pages.
'Frost in May' - the only actual novel on the list, and a very short one at 208 pages.
'White Bird' - 220 pages, but a graphic novel, so a very short read.

This isn't an insurmountable task for a single day. As always, Ruby stacks the deck in her favour by only choosing simple, very short "books" or only reading parts of collections, if she even read them at all. But even then, Ruby clearly filmed this across several days. She has a wide open schedule with nothing at all to do, and claims to love reading more than almost anything. Yet she's incapable of reading a handful of very short books in 24 hours.

And there's nothing wrong with not wanting to read, or not wanting to force yourself to do something all day long. But Ruby opts instead to just lie her bleeping ass off yet again and cobble together a smoke-and-mirrors video full of blatant bullshit. She doesn't even attempt her usual "AND YASS, I DYOOO CHANGE MY OUTFITS 4,042,053 TIMES A DAY, OKAY!" denial. Maybe she thinks it's been long enough that people forget she does that, even though she does that every video. Maybe she thinks people aren't going to quickly see through all her lies, or notice that despite all her claims that she AWLWYWAHYS changes her outfit a billion times a day, whenever she shows an 'outfit of the day' elsewhere, there's only ever one.

This could've just been a standard "I did some reading" vlog. Undoubtedly, it still wouldn't been filled to the brim with lies and undeclared ads, because this is still Ruby we're talking about. But there was no reason to pretend this all took place in a single day, other than Ruby loves to lie to get a hollow ego boost, praise from her fans and an undeserved sense of superiority. And it's confirmed by her choice of title: "I got out of my reading slump and read Five Books in a Day". Why didn't she just put, "I read five books"? She just has to emphasise that she accomplished multiple things. She beat her book slump, even though she's never had any genuine interest in reading. She also accomplished something unlikely in a very short space of time, take that, feeble one-book-a-day readers! It's her usual fake numbers game.

Ruby, if you have to cheat to win the race, you didn't beat anyone. You're a fraud. A liar. A sad, pathetic, dim-witted little toad. THAT IS YOUR IDENTITY.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.