Ruby Granger #28 What a depacle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone actually going hard with these celebrations is an absolute melt tbh, like has everyone suddenly forgotten that this year the Queen has spent literally millions of pounds funding her weirdo sons legal battle? Why would you want to celebrate her, especially at this time šŸ˜­just enjoy the bank holiday and be done with itā€¦
lol literally am just milking the 4 day weekend

Reactions: 9
Rewatching and omg the cringe around 2:50 when she reads a passage from the short story sheā€™s reading šŸ˜‚ Apparently you canā€™t just read something out loud, you have to shake your head while doing it so everyone knows you took drama classes in school so obviously you have superior reading skills.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So she chose to do a one-day readathon, and instead of challenging herself she specifically chose four very short books, including two short stories and a poetry collection, to be absolutely sure she could finish them during the course of the readathon.
So what exactly is the point? She rigged the challenge she gave herself so she could be absolutely sure she succeeded. That's not entertaining to watch.
Idk if any of you watch June Xie's budget videos on Delish, but it's like if June challenged herself to eat on a 15$ budget for a week, and then just bought 15$ worth of beans and rice and just ate beans and rice everyday for a week. Sure, technically she'd "win" (whatever that means) but how boring and sad and ridiculous would that be?
Has she ever watched another BookTuber do a readathon? Because that's not how they normally do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
i didn't know she helped her degenerate son. duck thx for telling us šŸ˜µ
Oh yes she is a big n0nce funder, like no hate to anyone who celebrated but Iā€™ve been seeing it and just find it all a bit sickening, especially considering the fact thereā€™s literally a cost of living crisis and millions of kids in the UK who are living in poverty.

Reactions: 14
So she chose to do a one-day readathon, and instead of challenging herself she specifically chose four very short books, including two short stories and a poetry collection, to be absolutely sure she could finish them during the course of the readathon.
So what exactly is the point? She rigged the challenge she gave herself so she could be absolutely sure she succeeded. That's not entertaining to watch.
Idk if any of you watch June Xie's budget videos on Delish, but it's like if June challenged herself to eat on a 15$ budget for a week, and then just bought 15$ worth of beans and rice and just ate beans and rice everyday for a week. Sure, technically she'd "win" (whatever that means) but how boring and sad and ridiculous would that be?
Has she ever watched another BookTuber do a readathon? Because that's not how they normally do it.
I've had days, especially in 2020, when I was stuck at home and spent the day reading. But I started a book, finished it, and then started the next one. I wouldn't have called that a readathon though, just "escaping the lockdown into the world of books" šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Iā€™d love to see a video of Ruby attending the Hay Festivalā€¦ because sheā€™d be absolutely ā€œoutsmartedā€ (not in a pretentious way just couldnā€™t think of a better word) by any actual book lover there with an actual formed opinion on a book (aka everyone) let alone the publishing professionals and authors who go

Reactions: 13
Couldn't watch the whole video as I was just bored to it and found it cringey anxiously waiting for gossip guys riviting reviews . I just find her love of books to be very performative than anything and that she doesn't really enjoy reading. I find the reading while walking to be so stupid and I did think about how funny it would be if she stepped in dog mess while not paying attention as she's 'reading' - very immature of me.

I found it odd that she had to write down her thoughts on the books as well, I never do it though and once a book is finished, that's it for me though. Would love to see her notion page and what she writes about books. Will it be better than her good reads? And it's very suspicious that she's got into young adult thrillers especially when writing one herself and she's going to put bits and pieces together for her own book like what she did for essays. Just feel like she is wanting to write a book just to say she's done it than wanting to tell a story. The same with this readaphon itself.

Reactions: 16
wtf is ā€rich tea biscuits with bits offā€? she canā€™t eat an entire bleeping biscuit any more?

FD285AE2-FEE8-4CDB-ADAB-6599AB2A0820.jpeg

Also, those cupcakes she showed earlier were so bleeping sad. She probably left out half of the sugar and fat, too.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
wtf is ā€rich tea biscuits with bits offā€? she canā€™t eat an entire bleeping biscuit any more?

View attachment 1317589

Also, those cupcakes she showed earlier were so bleeping sad. She probably left out half of the sugar and fat, too.
Not sure if's it's just Ruby's interesting use of of the English language and it was supposed to be 'bits of.' What an abomination to a biscuit!

Reactions: 10

View attachment 1317589

Does she mean Biscoff but it autocorrected? Who knows though, itā€™s Roobee

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I am sorry but I cannot get over her recent story where she says "one of my characters makes literary references whenever she can" and then asks for references because she can't think of any... Ruby, I will give you the most cliched creative writing workshop advice: WRITE WHAT YOU KNOW. You cannot write about bookish characters because you are not one. You are incapable of reading and making sense of adult books. Write about characters who steal from charities? That's your forte.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.