Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sorry but when has new year’s ever been about trying on strange wigs?💀
Maybe one of her spurned customers has invoked their Sicilian lawyer who has threatened to have Ruby's scalp come midnight?

View attachment 952929
so I’m really ill and my bf came in with this as it’s All I can stomach and we’ve lovingly dubbed it “ruby granger core”
Got me feeling like a Medevil present idk how she does it
I'm glad to see that all the biscuits are intact and you haven't eaten a crumb of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Long time lurker here.
I know most people have been assuming that Ruby is looking on this board, but as I was looking on thestudentroom forum page about her, I saw a very odd comment defending Ruby.
martha possibyl.PNG

Reactions: 11
And as soon as PaigeY is mentioned on here Ruby copies her style of New Years stories 😂 obviously it’s not unique to Paige just found it a funny coincidence that Ruby posts hers a couple hours later with the exact same layout

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You can so easily see her mental and physical decline on her year recap thing on her stories. She looked happier in January

Reactions: 4
What do you think's behind her mental health decline? Is it ED-related? I wondered if she's struggling to get the grades she wants at uni this year because that would definitely explain stress & unhappiness...but Ruby got firsts for her other stuff, so that's just speculation.

Reactions: 5
What do you think's behind her mental health decline? Is it ED-related? I wondered if she's struggling to get the grades she wants at uni this year because that would definitely explain stress & unhappiness...but Ruby got firsts for her other stuff, so that's just speculation.
Probably a combination of things.

1. Graduation is creeping up and Ruby is woefully unprepared for adulthood. She's defined her entire life by school work (in her case, high school) and her last excuse for devoting all her time to that is about to disappear (unless she does a masters). She's not grown at all as a person since high school or really branched outside her comfort zone in any way since she started uni. Her best/only friend will also vanish from her life after uni, because she has an adult life to live.

2. She used the start of the pandemic as a convenient excuse to run home from uni and retreat into childhood. This was likely spurred on by 1. She bought a child's bed, wore child's clothes, read exclusively children's clothes and continued to idolise fictional children. This also likely fed into her eating disorder, which really kicked into high gear around this time and would figure into her trying to look more childlike by any means necessary, however misguided and dangerous.

3. After spending a year at home, her compulsive dependence on her parents is worse than ever. Her insistence on running home every weekend has only deprived her of time she could've spend on essays, and she's constantly complaining about being behind. When she does stay at uni, she just transplants all her compulsive dependencies onto Blakeney, which won't end well when she graduates and moves on to life her own life far away from Ruby.

4. Final year of uni places more emphasis on independent thought or original critical analysis, with a lot of weight dependent on her dissertation, and if she's doing one, her final creative writing project. Ruby's system of getting high grades with little effort by relying on the notes, ideas and critical thoughts of tutors, fellow students and essays will not work for these projects the way it does with standard tutor-set essay questions, so she's floundering.

5. She's less equipped mentally to deal with studying or anything else particularly taxing because her eating disorder has clearly ravaged her ability to do anything especially physically demanding, or think or verbalise coherent thoughts most of the time. So she's likely struggling to stay on top of things the way she used to.

6. Her YouTube channel is stagnating. Her content has never been good, and it's not changed in any way in years, she's just recycling the same ideas. But her core fanbase it outgrowing her while she's incapable of growing up. Meanwhile all her StudyTuber peers consistently pull in substantially more viewers because they've grown and changed their content as they've moved further into adulthood.

7. Her business is experiencing massive diminishing returns. The planners that sold out in a day last year now have tonnes of stock left after weeks. This latest debaucle combined with the last of her remaining fans outgrowing her will ensure that next year her store sells next to nothing. Meanwhile, the management company she shares with Jack Edwards helped get him a Waterstones partnership for his planners (which were made by the exact same company) because his sell better and his brand is more popular and relevant. You know that one must've hurt Ruby after all the embarassing sponsor-chasing she's been doing with Waterstones.

8. She's been the cause of more controversies and been the recipient of more criticism in the past year than every other year she's been doing this combined. Taking money from charities on multiple occasions, posting endless triggering food-related content, the planner fiasco, the bullying video mess, the LG Gram situation, the PETA predicament, the giveaway scams, the book club disaster, people getting wise to her fabricated video timelines, her getting caught in lie after lie after lie. In a year when she's likely to be getting less praise from her tutors, the criticism (or bullying, as she sees it) is probably hitting even harder. It's likely another reason she goes home so much, so mummy and daddy can tell her how special and perfect she is.

In conclusion: Ruby's her own worst enemy. Thanks for tuning in to another episode of Tattle Armchair Psychology Hour.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
The nerve of her posting the yearly planner photoshoot in her highlights of 2021 😅 and ofc she got some Waterstones product placement in there

Reactions: 18
Probably a combination of things.

1. Graduation is creeping up and Ruby is woefully unprepared for adulthood. She's defined her entire life by school work (in her case, high school) and her last excuse for devoting all her time to that is about to disappear (unless she does a masters). She's not grown at all as a person since high school or really branched outside her comfort zone in any way since she started uni. Her best/only friend will also vanish from her life after uni, because she has an adult life to live.

2. She used the start of the pandemic as a convenient excuse to run home from uni and retreat into childhood. This was likely spurred on by 1. She bought a child's bed, wore child's clothes, read exclusively children's clothes and continued to idolise fictional children. This also likely fed into her eating disorder, which really kicked into high gear around this time and would figure into her trying to look more childlike by any means necessary, however misguided and dangerous.

3. After spending a year at home, her compulsive dependence on her parents is worse than ever. Her insistence on running home every weekend has only deprived her of time she could've spend on essays, and she's constantly complaining about being behind. When she does stay at uni, she just transplants all her compulsive dependencies onto Blakeney, which won't end well when she graduates and moves on to life her own life far away from Ruby.

4. Final year of uni places more emphasis on independent thought or original critical analysis, with a lot of weight dependent on her dissertation, and if she's doing one, her final creative writing project. Ruby's system of getting high grades with little effort by relying on the notes, ideas and critical thoughts of tutors, fellow students and essays will not work for these projects the way it does with standard tutor-set essay questions, so she's floundering.

5. She's less equipped mentally to deal with studying or anything else particularly taxing because her eating disorder has clearly ravaged her ability to do anything especially physically demanding, or think or verbalise coherent thoughts most of the time. So she's likely struggling to stay on top of things the way she used to.

6. Her YouTube channel is stagnating. Her content has never been good, and it's not changed in any way in years, she's just recycling the same ideas. But her core fanbase it outgrowing her while she's incapable of growing up. Meanwhile all her StudyTuber peers consistently pull in substantially more viewers because they've grown and changed their content as they've moved further into adulthood.

7. Her business is experiencing massive diminishing returns. The planners that sold out in a day last year now have tonnes of stock left after weeks. This latest debaucle combined with the last of her remaining fans outgrowing her will ensure that next year her store sells next to nothing. Meanwhile, the management company she shares with Jack Edwards helped get him a Waterstones partnership for his planners (which were made by the exact same company) because his sell better and his brand is more popular and relevant. You know that one must've hurt Ruby after all the embarassing sponsor-chasing she's been doing with Waterstones.

8. She's been the cause of more controversies and been the recipient of more criticism in the past year than every other year she's been doing this combined. Taking money from charities on multiple occasions, posting endless triggering food-related content, the planner fiasco, the bullying video mess, the LG Gram situation, the PETA predicament, the giveaway scams, the book club disaster, people getting wise to her fabricated video timelines, her getting caught in lie after lie after lie. In a year when she's likely to be getting less praise from her tutors, the criticism (or bullying, as she sees it) is probably hitting even harder. It's likely another reason she goes home so much, so mummy and daddy can tell her how special and perfect she is.

In conclusion: Ruby's her own worst enemy. Thanks for tuning in to another episode of Tattle Armchair Psychology Hour.
The point you make about her friendship with Blakeney fizzling out once they graduate is so likely. I thought my uni housemates and I would be BFFs for life, LOL how wrong I was. Once people go home to their own home cities or move somewhere to find work, they just don't have time/money to meet up regularly and eventually the friendships become reduced to Happy New Year texts 😬 I think the best hope for Ruby would to be to take some time off for therapy and intervention for her personal problems, and then once feeling more herself, decide whether to go down the masters route or find a job. However I can see her being eaten alive in academia and also the world of work 😬 I think she can afford to take time out to heal first and try to figure out what she actually wants to do.

Reactions: 24
The point you make about her friendship with Blakeney fizzling out once they graduate is so likely. I thought my uni housemates and I would be BFFs for life, LOL how wrong I was. Once people go home to their own home cities or move somewhere to find work, they just don't have time/money to meet up regularly and eventually the friendships become reduced to Happy New Year texts 😬 I think the best hope for Ruby would to be to take some time off for therapy and intervention for her personal problems, and then once feeling more herself, decide whether to go down the masters route or find a job. However I can see her being eaten alive in academia and also the world of work 😬 I think she can afford to take time out to heal first and try to figure out what she actually wants to do.
I agree, there is no shame in taking a break and she clearly can afford it financially. It's clear she has a lot of stuff going on psychologically. If she doesn't recognize it and do something about it on her own volition, there might come a point where she is forced to take a break, either by a full on mental breakdown or by her ED reaching the point of no return. And that would be 10 times worse.
She needs therapy, she needs to know herself better so she stops relying on role models from her childhood and TikTok aesthetics to mold her personality, and she needs to face her fear of growing up.

Reactions: 17
She needs therapy, she needs to know herself better so she stops relying on role models from her childhood and TikTok aesthetics to mold her personality, and she needs to face her fear of growing up.
I'd like to know if she's still in therapy. She was seeing a private therapist in Exeter a while back (maybe before the pandemic), but given that she goes home so often, I don't think that can be still happening. It's a real shame - if she found a therapist who really knew how to challenge her and bring her out of her current mindset, we might actually see some tangible improvements.

Reactions: 13
This is really sad - it's so easy to believe that you're invincible with an eating disorder, especially in the age of social media and being able to compare your weight loss/eating habits to other people who are doing 'better' or 'worse'. But restriction is absolute hell on cognitive function; if she's not getting help, she must be having such a difficult time with essays and work in general.

Reactions: 9
This is really sad - it's so easy to believe that you're invincible with an eating disorder, especially in the age of social media and being able to compare your weight loss/eating habits to other people who are doing 'better' or 'worse'. But restriction is absolute hell on cognitive function; if she's not getting help, she must be having such a difficult time with essays and work in general.
I think that's why the number of edits and cutaways within a single sentence has increased noticeably recently - she probably loses focus or starts to ramble and doesn't have one good take which sounds coherent, so has to piece a sentence together from multiple attempts.

Reactions: 19
I went back and watched the archived version of Ruby's old deleted video about the cottage she owns and wow, I cannot believe she claims she's doing it all on her own. Even if it's true her family didn't directly give her any money towards the deposit, I refuse to believe Daddy Granger didn't have a massive hand in the mortgage application and helping her decide where her YouTube earnings should be invested.

That said, what really struck me about the video is how much happier and more excited for the future she seems, talking about her plans for after uni and how she felt she'd come a long way in her personal development (overcoming her phobia of being left alone at home and how she felt ready to live by herself now). She's regressed hard - the difference compared to her current videos is astounding. I really wonder what happened to make her so afraid of being an independent adult.

Reactions: 27
I went back and watched the archived version of Ruby's old deleted video about the cottage she owns and wow, I cannot believe she claims she's doing it all on her own. Even if it's true her family didn't directly give her any money towards the deposit, I refuse to believe Daddy Granger didn't have a massive hand in the mortgage application and helping her decide where her YouTube earnings should be invested.
I don't know much about mortgage applications, so I have no idea what a lender would think about YouTube earnings as 'income', but I would imagine her parents are guarantors for any mortgage or loan she has.

Reactions: 16
It’s 2022, where’s our standard studytuber slash Roobee content? Where’s the Notion sponsored ”getting organized for 2022” video? Where’s the ”preparing for my dissertation” video, sponsored by Exeter? (Oops… it’s almost like she hasn’t been sponsored by her uni since 2019) 😂 Where’s the ”300 books/stories/poems/shopping lists I pretended to read in 2021”, sponsored by Waters… never mind, move on pls.

Not to mention the highly requested gift haul video. I can wait a few months for the ”Victorian New Year’s Night routine” one.

I mean I know she’s busy on her business insta pretending like she gives a tit, but what else does she have going on in her life?

edit: my one wish for Roobee’s new year’s resolutions list is that she lays off the bleeping Nutcracker for at least the first nine months of the year.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.