Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she's feeling burned out. We know she reads here, and her Instagram comments have been increasingly critical too - and she can't tell difference between justified criticism and hatred/bullying. Maybe I'm way off the mark, but I think it's more likely she's just hiding out and waiting for everything to die down a bit - particularly as her 'what I got for Christmas' videos have always drawn some level of criticism.

Not to sound like I'm defending her! Just think that she'd read everything here and take it as hate from people who don't understand, because God forbid she use critical thinking skills.
It didn’t stop her posting triggering food photos, she’s not silly, it’s all about building up the engagement!

Reactions: 6
It would be ever-so-slightly tactless to post it right now though … Any ‘look at what I got for Christmas’ video is probably going to get loads of ‘that’s nice, but I didn’t get my planner’ comments underneath it.
For anyone else, that would be the case, but Ruby has been actively telling people to buy her planner as a Christmas present and plugging it wherever possible even as tonnes of people were complaining and she knew full well that nobody would be getting them any time before Christmas. Tact isn't something that ever crosses her mind.

I think she's just behind schedule with the video like she is with most things these days.

Reactions: 19
Ruby mentions in her “Trying Victorian Christmas Traditions” video that she would be posting a Christmas routine and otherwise she’d be on break from videos till the new year. So if we are getting a video on what she got for Christmas it won’t be in these last few days of the year.

Reactions: 9
They’ve posted multiple coming out videos on their public tiktok account (not gonna @ it but ruby follows it) and they identify as he/they. They seem to be incredibly open about it tbh which is why it’s surprising that Ruby posted that story imo.
Either way, probably best to put the discussion to bed now anyway, I feel like as soon as a gender identity starts getting discussed on a thread it only goes downhill from there lol
What is Ruby's tiktok account? I search but the only result seems to be a fan account

i think she’s very burnt out and would probably like to quit everything, but now she’s stuck there because of the planners. should’ve stopped it early because if she leaves then like that, the backlash will be huge and because of her own sloppiness people could even find out where she lives. she’s just to deep into it and it’ll get worse

Reactions: 8
i think she’s very burnt out and would probably like to quit everything, but now she’s stuck there because of the planners. should’ve stopped it early because if she leaves then like that, the backlash will be huge and because of her own sloppiness people could even find out where she lives. she’s just to deep into it and it’ll get worse
Idk if this is what you meant but the idea of a bookish, Hermione-y 14 year old stalking Ruby for getting scammed out of a £20 planner is hilarious to me. I'm picturing Ruby going on her daily walk in the countryside to her postbox and finding an envelope with bullets in it, or waking up at 4:30 to find a severed horse head in her bed

Edit: and now I just realized 14 year old Hermione literally kidnapped a lady and held her captive for several weeks...so maybe it's not the best comparison

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Ruby mentions in her “Trying Victorian Christmas Traditions” video that she would be posting a Christmas routine and otherwise she’d be on break from videos till the new year. So if we are getting a video on what she got for Christmas it won’t be in these last few days of the year.
A break from what? This is her actual job. Again, she’s not thinking about this wisely at all, she’s seriously losing out on gaining new subscribers in this Christmas peak when most people have more time to watch YT etc.

Reactions: 13
Idk if this is what you meant but the idea of a bookish, Hermione-y 14 year old stalking Ruby for getting scammed out of a £20 planner is hilarious to me. I'm picturing Ruby going on her daily walk in the countryside to her postbox and finding an envelope with bullets in it, or waking up at 4:30 to find a severed horse head in her bed

Edit: and now I just realized 14 year old Hermione literally kidnapped a lady and held her captive for several weeks...so maybe it's not the best comparison
They’ve been leaving dead flies in her room for ages as a message but it’s not getting through for some reason … *shrugs*

• Haha
Reactions: 21
A break from what? This is her actual job. Again, she’s not thinking about this wisely at all, she’s seriously losing out on gaining new subscribers in this Christmas peak when most people have more time to watch YT etc.
This is the thing that really baffles me about Ruby.

She seems to be under the impression that her lucrative dream career will fall into her lap after graduation when that's never going to happen.

Meanwhile, YouTube and her stationary business are her means of making more money than she ever would anywhere else for drastically less work, and she's actively running them both into the ground rather than put the relatively small amount of thought and effort in to grow them and make them successful.

She treats YouTube like an afterthought - that trivial side activity that doesn't need any maintenance, work or growth. She wastes a dozen hours a day on busywork because she thinks it will lead to high grades and thus big career success when that's simply not true.

And then she acts like doing things like watching YouTube or Netflix or any form of entertainment, practicing or studying filmmaking and editing techniques is beneath her and a waste of time when that's the crucial research and study she needs to be doing to improve her skillset for her actual job that will give her the best shot at a career and money.

She’s hopeless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
I feel like I'm speaking for everyone if I say Ruby needs to post her freaking haul as soon as possible because we have nothing to talk about anymore lmao
Let me help you out - "I got these old-fashioned candlesticks" (exhibits candles, not candlesticks) "and this Pappy-iris - which, did you know, Egyptians used to write on before paper was even invented." (shows some ordinary notepaper with marbling effect). "And because I'm ALWAYS so organisized - I got these AMAZING planners - although they seem to have other people's names and addresses on them, but that doesn't matter..."
(an hour later)
"And I got this Miss Patina blouse, which is too big for me now, but is exactly the same as the one I bought for Blakeney, which is not at all creepy in any way...."

I feel like she’s drip feeding what she got which is probably worse, first the sewing machine and then the candle. Is she deliberately trying to drum up a build up for engagement and views? Those videos are by far her most watched videos on her channel. She would be mad not to post it…
Victorians didn't have sewing machines - she should have been gifted a serving wench who also did some mending.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Martha reminds me of Effy Stonem in the first few series of Skins a weird way, tries to be different and quirky to make up for the fact she’s trapped. When in reality, she’s nothing like the way she comes across. She over compensates. As for dropping out of uni, I think it’s the privilege. Even though I hated uni, there was no way I could drop out and have that much debt with nothing to show for it. Yet with people like Martha, did she really give it a try? Either way, doesn’t matter as she knows her parents are easily covering the cost. I’m sure the fees for one year of uni is less than 1 term of her old school..?
It's funny you should mention Skins. Great comment, I agree that Martha displays some Effy-esque traits (I don't blame her, though - she's still very young after all). When it comes to Ruby, Cassie is an obvious association due to her eating disorder, but she also slightly reminds me of Abigail, the preppy posh choir girl. I can picture that scene from season one where she's hosting a party at her rich parents' house and everyone is confused by her accent and odd behaviour. I frown every time I hear Ruby speak in a particularly exaggerated way, with the /e/-->/a/ vowel change and all that lmao

I just realized 14 year old Hermione literally kidnapped a lady and held her captive for several weeks...so maybe it's not the best comparison
Could it be that all those dead flies that are in her room are actually the trophies that she keeps as showpieces after killing her bullies in her dreams? Like a serial killer does.

• Haha

this is so much better than what i thought! no but i was just trying to say how she’s put herself way to deep into it without thinking about the consequences, seh has exposed private addresses and stuff and people could also “harass” her family via their socials. she can’t get out of it and just leave people waiting like she probably used to, she’ll have to face it but she’ll only make it worse, it’s a teufelskreis as we call it in german (it’s something like devil’s circle but i don’t know the englisch expression)

Reactions: 1
this is so much better than what i thought! no but i was just trying to say how she’s put herself way to deep into it without thinking about the consequences, seh has exposed private addresses and stuff and people could also “harass” her family via their socials. she can’t get out of it and just leave people waiting like she probably used to, she’ll have to face it but she’ll only make it worse, it’s a teufelskreis as we call it in german (it’s something like devil’s circle but i don’t know the englisch expression)
a vicious cycle?

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Time to bring back the worst tiktok ever made
Wow I wish I hadn’t watched this because the cringe levels here are off the charts. I died inside.
Yep, I agree with you. Now is the primetime for Youtube content because so many people are at home. I guess the loads of effort she puts into her YouTube channel, running her book club, and keeping her Pumpkin Productivity customers satisfied has burned her out.

Reactions: 10

Time to bring back the worst tiktok ever made
I don't think seeing her dance around is particularly bad or harmful. Maybe it's not a great Tiktok, but imo she'd be a little happier if she let her hair down and enjoyed herself more often. Being cringe is better than being dishonest and disingenuous and all the other things she does.

And then she acts like doing things like watching YouTube or Netflix or any form of entertainment, practicing or studying filmmaking and editing techniques is beneath her and a waste of time when that's the crucial research and study she needs to be doing to improve her skillset for her actual job that will give her the best shot at a career and money.
This is one of the strangest things about her; she seems to think that just endlessly surrounding herself with pointless busywork will lead to the future that she wants, when she's never tried to improve skills like filmmaking or even critical thinking.

Reactions: 20
she’s going to work for daddy bones (she’s very good at making money 👆) but he’ll only give her made up tasks no one actually needs to do like the excel charts my dad printed out for me to colour when i accompanied him to his office at age 5

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Victorians didn't have sewing machines - she should have been gifted a serving wench who also did some mending.
Forgive me for having to break out my best ”well ACKshully” Roobee voice for this, but turns out they did. Sewing machines were invented in the early 1800s and became popular around 1850. (thanks Google for this bit of near-irrelevant information!)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.