Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not only that but she bothered them about something she could have easily found out by herself just by googling. The entitlement and arrogance and just utter laziness in this girl is staggering. This isn't kindergarten, your teachers have hundreds of students to work with and most of them with more pressing issues than finding out who colored in the first Victorian Christmas card.

It is painfully obvious she tries as hard as she can to become a teacher's pet like she probably was in school and to develop a 'special' bond with her lecturers. What she doesn't realize is that she just comes off as overbearing, entitled, lacking independence in thought or research (she can't even google stuff without a teacher holding her hand, apparently) and cringy.

Reactions: 31
Not all of us went to Nail Polish University. There are actually legit schools out there teaching actual stuff about English lit, just throwing that out there. You know, where there are exams and actual studying involved, and you can't get firsts just by cutting around a snowflake as if you were five.

Reactions: 7
"Also, major impostor syndrome; I can't tell you why I was asked to do this," Roobee says as she is filming herself talking in the q&a panel of the performance.

Babe, it's not impostor syndrome when you are actually unqualified to do the thing you are doing. You are not an expert in Victorian literature; the organizers wanted to include you in the panel just because they thought you could psyop your followers into buying more tickets and I am sure some of them did because they are eating out of your hand.

Also, not Roo trying to include freaking MARX in her lil vid hahaha:

Attachments

Reactions: 33
She could manage to read Das Kapital and be completely oblivious as to its message and how it could relate to her lifestyle and business practices

Reactions: 19
It's starting to grind my gears when she uses that stupid [ REC ] effect on her recording. There's seemingly no rhyme or reason to it, and we all know that modern recording equipment doesn't have that feature anymore.

Reactions: 18
this is becoming my new profile picture brb
That Christmas tree ornament says it all really.

Basically, Ruby has an aesthetic interest in Victoriana, but not an academic interest in the Victorian period. It's like someone saying they're 'interested' in the Vikings, but only their image of warlike Norse demi-gods, and not if they were just a bunch of Scandinavian ex-farmers who decided to move to Shetland.

Forgot to add these thoughts about Rube's lack of effort/repetitive content:

-It's possible she's bored with her YT channel, but feels tied to it because it's a source of income & identity.
-Maybe she's struggling with uni work (i.e. the disseration) and would rather prioritise that, but feels pressure to keep churning out content, hence the noticeable lack of enthusiasm in her recent vids.

Perhaps that's being too generous to Ruby, but I'm looking for explanations lol.

It's also been mentioned that she reads Tattle & it definitely seems as though her comments are direct responses to criticisms on these threads. It occurred to me though, maybe it's not Ruby but her management that's reading Tattle. I mean, it makes sense that they'd care about her public image and want to give feedback based on what's been said about her. But maybe they don't have time to do all that extra stuff so idk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
gossip guy doing gods work here
how you must have suffered rewatching (studying) this crap

Reactions: 4
Oh, we need to take a shot of our favourite drink when Ruby replaces "e" with "a". When talking about being asked to be part of the panel she said "at the "AND" instead of end.

Reactions: 15
Ruby follows a "get over binge eating" coach on instagram... and the list of fitness/wellness influencers she follows is increasing

Reactions: 4
One of them defo reads here then…
Omg, it hasn't even been that long since the link was posted on Tattle (like 1 day??) so whoever's reading here must be checking the threads regularly. Maybe that's what Ruby means by 'admin'!

Reactions: 20
It has been confirmed multiple times in the past that Rubmas reads here regularly, I don't know why people are surprised? Maybe the new ones in the forum are

Reactions: 11
It has been confirmed multiple times in the past that Rubmas reads here regularly, I don't know why people are surprised? Maybe the new ones in the forum are
Not really. It has been speculated, however a lot of what we say here also gets commented directly on her posts (usually in a more gentle way by people who are genuinely concerned) so it’s often quite difficult to say whether she’s actually responding to stuff we’ve said here or if it’s in response to comments on her feed, until now there hasn’t been that much concrete evidence which really confirms that she’s regularly reading these threads imo.
I do wonder which one of them has been on here though, whether it’s marf or ruby herself.

Reactions: 18
Whenever I decide to stop reading Ruby's thread here, she posts something even more cringe than usual so that I would have to come back here and see what people really have to say about it. That colouring card for her old English teacher was so many layers of sad, I can't even begin to unwrap it.

Reactions: 27
Guess I’m relatively new, I’ve been reading for a while but this is my first time actually posting here. That’s something I’ve been thinking of asking about lately. What is the actual proof she’s read here, or have there just been a lot of coincidences that make it seem like she probably does? I’m just curious because I guess I haven’t been around for it.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.