Ruby Granger #20 Waterstones won’t give her a deal, cabbage oats are a ”healthy meal”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don;t think so.. as someone who has worked in retail ... as a previous poster on here commented Ruby would not be able to handle retail. One really bad customer (and lord knows how aggressive they can be) she will run screaming to Mummy and Daddy
Additionally, she wouldn't be able to deal with not getting constant praise and positive reinforcement from everyone around her. Most days at a retail job you just have to get your head down and get on with whatever you have to do. She would absolutely hate that.

Reactions: 18
Yeah, good point. Customers are brutal... The amount of times I've been screamed at for things outside of my control 😅... so many horror stories lmao. Now that you mention it, I don't know if Ruby could handle that. Still, I think it'd be good for her. Ruby would benefit from pushing herself outside of her comfort zone, even though she'd never do it.
Did I ever tell you abut the time when a customer leaned over a counter at the record store i worked at and grabbed by by the throat? .. just one of my joyful retail working experiences. (i'll refrain from mentioning the time one of satans little elves left a festive gift of a number 2 in the M&S changing rooms?)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Did I ever tell you abut the time when a customer leaned over a counter at the record store i worked at and grabbed by by the throat? .. just one of my joyful retail working experiences. (i'll refrain from mentioning the time one of satans little elves left a festive gift of a number 2 in the M&S changing rooms?)
Shhhhh... We have to talk positive about Ruby working in retail so she'd actually do it. (I've cleaned up so much sh*t/piss and been threatened with a knife to my face)... but like Ruby you didn't see this. LMAO

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Last night I watched some Gentle Whispering ASMR videos (because of anxiety) and one of them was about glasses. Maria very straightforwardly said she herself contacted the eyewear brand because she had bought glasses from them in the past and was pleased with their products, so wanted to see if they would consider doing a sponsorship deal with her. Imagine Roony showing such transparency with her own sponsorships--just Unthinkable. She either shows products she clearly has no interest in or desperately tries to get sponsorships from brands that are just not into her.
One of my favourite YouTubers, Brutalmoose, has a great way of presenting sponsored ads.

He starts the video with a very quick message to say "This video is sponsored by [insert sponsor here], stay tuned until the end of the video to learn more." And then the sponsored segment is at the end of the video. No having ad segments derail a video halfway or get awkwardly shoehorned in. You can easily skip it.

He picks sponsors that are relevant to him or the videos and doesn't pretend that he loves them or has used them since birth when he hasn't. And he makes the sponsored segments fun, too, with editing magic, creativity, and a sense of humour. A sponsored ad doesn't have to be dead-eyed rattling off of facts and lies about how much you love something.

There's a lot of influencers out there who cherry-pick sponsors they believe in, who pick relevant sponsors and present them without opinion or avoid sponsor deals entirely and rely on ad revenue.

Ruby has a tonne of options available to her that don't involve going out of her way to constantly lie when even the sponsors themselves aren't asking her to do that. But she's a compulsive liar and thinks that lying will attract more sponsor money.

She also wants money that she doesn't need so much that she'll accept sponsorships from ads that go against her brand or are completely irrelevant. ("I'm Ruby and I'm all about slow living and Victorian-era technology and customs apparently. I love writing on paper and don't watch TV. This video is sponsored by NordVPN and LG Laptops.")

She doesn't think about who she's accepting money from, whether it'll impact her brand or whether it's even ethically or morally right to take the money (like taking money from multiple charities). She's just greedy and wants to accumulate more money in her bank.

She's too lazy to headhunt smaller brands that she likes to sponsor her. She just blatantly courts that elusive Waterstones sponsorship.

Ruby doesn't actually explain why she claims to love Waterstones so much. They're more expensive than a lot of other book retailers. They don't have as interesting a selection as a lot of independent shops. Ruby almost never buys anything there. She visits almost exclusively to chase an ad deal, and only because she believes, as the biggest book retailer in the UK, Waterstones have the deepest pockets.

Her fans' notion that all influencers do what she does and have to do it to make money is all horseshit. A lot of influencers do advertise anything offered and often lie about their opinions, but a hell of a lot go the other routes. Ruby had the choice, and unsurprisingly chose to lie about sponsored products along with everything else.

Reactions: 20
Something that pretty much all my favourite youtubers do is that they announce the sponsorship at the beginning and then when it's time to rattle of a script the visual of the video changes drastically enough that it is very easy to skip through the ad just by hovering over that line at the bottom of the screen (genuine guestion: what do you call that? I am not a native speaker) and seeing the visuals.
Also some of them just straight up say "I gotta pay my bills, it is time for an ad break."
I respect that kind of honesty a lot.
Roblox could never lol

• Haha
Reactions: 23
One of my favourite YouTubers, Brutalmoose, has a great way of presenting sponsored ads.

He starts the video with a very quick message to say "This video is sponsored by [insert sponsor here], stay tuned until the end of the video to learn more." And then the sponsored segment is at the end of the video. No having ad segments derail a video halfway or get awkwardly shoehorned in. You can easily skip it.

He picks sponsors that are relevant to him or the videos and doesn't pretend that he loves them or has used them since birth when he hasn't. And he makes the sponsored segments fun, too, with editing magic, creativity, and a sense of humour. A sponsored ad doesn't have to be dead-eyed rattling off of facts and lies about how much you love something.

There's a lot of influencers out there who cherry-pick sponsors they believe in, who pick relevant sponsors and present them without opinion or avoid sponsor deals entirely and rely on ad revenue.

Ruby has a tonne of options available to her that don't involve going out of her way to constantly lie when even the sponsors themselves aren't asking her to do that. But she's a compulsive liar and thinks that lying will attract more sponsor money.

She also wants money that she doesn't need so much that she'll accept sponsorships from ads that go against her brand or are completely irrelevant. ("I'm Ruby and I'm all about slow living and Victorian-era technology and customs apparently. I love writing on paper and don't watch TV. This video is sponsored by NordVPN and LG Laptops.")

She doesn't think about who she's accepting money from, whether it'll impact her brand or whether it's even ethically or morally right to take the money (like taking money from multiple charities). She's just greedy and wants to accumulate more money in her bank.

She's too lazy to headhunt smaller brands that she likes to sponsor her. She just blatantly courts that elusive Waterstones sponsorship.

Ruby doesn't actually explain why she claims to love Waterstones so much. They're more expensive than a lot of other book retailers. They don't have as interesting a selection as a lot of independent shops. Ruby almost never buys anything there. She visits almost exclusively to chase an ad deal, and only because she believes, as the biggest book retailer in the UK, Waterstones have the deepest pockets.

Her fans' notion that all influencers do what she does and have to do it to make money is all horseshit. A lot of influencers do advertise anything offered and often lie about their opinions, but a hell of a lot go the other routes. Ruby had the choice, and unsurprisingly chose to lie about sponsored products along with everything else.
Independent bookstores are much more interesting too. We've got a few large bookstore chains here too and like, they're convenient but ultimately it's like buying books on Amazon, there's no "warmth" or personal touch of any kind. If I had a favourite bookstore it certainly wouldn't be one of them. It's like claiming that McDonald's is your favourite restaurant you know what I mean?

Reactions: 16
View attachment 916473

Very on brand for our beloved Robot.
I imagine her idea of "customer support" goes like this:
"Hello its Roobee! Thank you for your e-mail, unfortunately we at Pumpkin Productivity have a zero-tolerance policy against bullying, so I deleted it from my inbox. Please refrain from bullying me any further. Thank you and I hope you have a productive week."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I imagine her idea of "customer support" goes like this:
"Hello its Roobee! Thank you for your e-mail, unfortunately we at Pumpkin Productivity have a zero-tolerance policy against bullying, so I deleted it from my inbox. Please refrain from bullying me any further. Thank you and I hope you have a productive week."
"Hello it's Roobee! I have told my mummy and daddy that you were bullying me"

• Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 914571
View attachment 914573
View attachment 914574

"ALL INFLUENCERS DO IT! SO RUBY HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO LIE! OTHERWISE SHE'D HAVE NO MONEY! THIS IS BULLYING!"

Ruby setting the tone and equating genuine criticism with bullying had the desired effect with her brainwashed fans.

"IT'S A NEW PRODUCT! SHE HAS ONLY JUST HAD THE CHANCE TO TRY IT OUT!"

It's not like she's done multiple ads for it since April. Gawdd, get off her back already!

The sheer lunacy and mental gymnastics these people go to to defend her bullshit is honestly baffling.

Sponsors don't ask influencers to say the product is their favourite thing ever. They don't ask people to provide glowing reviews in exchange for money. They don't ask people to lie and say they've used the product every day since the womb. And if they do push for that, influencers can and should say "No, thanks", because the ethics of that are clearly shady as duck. But any reputable company will just ask that the influencer reads/posts some ad copy that highlights features and uses.

Ruby doesn't have to constantly lie about "ALWAYS" using and loving the products she advertises, and only when she's getting paid. She chooses to do that, because she's a compulsive liar and a perpetual people-pleaser towards people who give her money.

She'd likely have all the same sponsor opportunities if she provided unbiased ads that just provided the product name, feature list and what it can be used for. But she chooses to lie and willingly buries what little is left of her integrity for some cash that she doesn't need.
This person in her comments is probably crying into her pillows because she thinks people are bullying Ruby... I can't get over the fact that she practically said "leave her alone, she makes money by lying" as if Ruby or any other influencer has no other income option. She makes it sound like Ruby works at a Victorian factory 18 hours a day and still has to get by through illegal means to feed her 14 children lmfao. If the only way to line your pockets is to lie to people who take your word for gospel, you deserve to be called out. I don't think these idiots realise how stinking rich Ruby is. She definitely doesn't need to fake using a free laptop in order to make a living. Give me a break.

Reactions: 24
Not a formal statement. Just scripted bs that will get deleted in 24hs
And it means nothing since this happens with every single product release through her company.

It's almost like letting your management company source the cheapest manufacturer and supplier possible doesn't result in good quality products or a reliable service.

Ruby, why did you leave the release of a product whose value and purpose decreases after January 1st until partway through December, when anyone with a sliver of common sense would tell you the postal service would be swamped and most people would receive them late, or not at all?

And that still doesn't explain the issues people have had with late, missing or defective orders for products released during less busy postal seasons.

Blaming the post for the lazy, inept business decisions and practices of you and your management team doesn't fly. Saying "I'm just too successful and got so many orders that the postal service couldn't keep up!" is bullshit. Your business is too cheap to deliver a decent standard of service and as long as you keep getting money, you don't care enough to change that. You're greedy and lazy and you fucked up. Own it.

I'm really glad her product launches are experiencing massove dimishing returns and less and less people are falling for this tit.

Reactions: 19
A customer told me someone had smeared feces all over the walls in our bathroom. I was done, I ignored it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Ruby, why did you leave the release of a product whose value and purpose decreases after January 1st until partway through December, when anyone with a sliver of common sense would tell you the postal service would be swamped and most people would receive them late, or not at all?

And that still doesn't explain the issues people have had with late, missing or defective orders for products released during less busy postal seasons.
And yet she still hasn't done her advent calendar's kindness of the day and thanked those postal workers for their service.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
How difficult would it be for Ruby to just take five minutes to make a post about the planners rather than a half assed story apologising and putting all the blame on the supplier? This girl runs from personal responsibility like she runs from adulthood.
I'm sure there's several people who don't care about her overpriced planners just want their refund at this point. We all know how greedy she is, if she wants repeat sales she's going to have to put more of an effort than that.

Reactions: 16
How difficult would it be for Ruby to just take five minutes to make a post about the planners rather than a half assed story apologising and putting all the blame on the supplier? This girl runs from personal responsibility like she runs from adulthood.
I'm sure there's several people who don't care about her overpriced planners just want their refund at this point. We all know how greedy she is, if she wants repeat sales she's going to have to put more of an effort than that.
Same with political causes and serious issues that would benefit from her platform raising awareness - the most she'll muster is a reposted story that'll vanish in a day. Any more effort than that and she can't be bothered.

In this case it's likely a combination of laziness and she doesn't want to tarnish her feed with permanent posts highlighting her numerous mistakes. With a temporary story, she can claim she's addressed it already if more people complain and after a day, any unfortunate reminders of her constant duck-ups are now gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
omg I was called a stupid spoiled brat and my parents had failed me because I told someone we didn't have any umbrellas in stock then when I started to cry because she was screaming she went "don't cry in front of me" and had another one who was caught stealing in the changing rooms so was taken into the back and started trying to snort some cocaine lmao I love peoples nightmare retail stories

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.