Ruby Granger #11 A book a day will not keep the ignorance away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand how she’s forever painting her nails in videos, and they’ve never ONCE looked as if they haven’t been to hell and back.
A few months ago I saw someone on another gossip site comment on her ruined nails and weirdly red hands and suggest that she may have a purging disorder.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
After watching her latest video I'm starting to understand people who say Ruby and Blakeney may be in a relationship/Ruby may have a crush on Blakeney. I'm by no means trying to ship them and I'm not saying that some friendships can be this "intense" in terms of spending so much time together, but the amount of time they spent with each other, Ruby cooking for her, how Ruby looks at her in the latest video and the overall vibe I get from Ruby's videos just remind me so much on my relationship with my exgirlfriend and it's hard to unsee that. Again, I'm not trying to force this onto anyone and I'm not making this all about relationships, it's just something that stood up to me and I was wondering if some of you have similar feeling about this :)

Reactions: 22
After watching her latest video I'm starting to understand people who say Ruby and Blakeney may be in a relationship/Ruby may have a crush on Blakeney. I'm by no means trying to ship them and I'm not saying that some friendships can be this "intense" in terms of spending so much time together, but the amount of time they spent with each other, Ruby cooking for her, how Ruby looks at her in the latest video and the overall vibe I get from Ruby's videos just remind me so much on my relationship with my exgirlfriend and it's hard to unsee that. Again, I'm not trying to force this onto anyone and I'm not making this all about relationships, it's just something that stood up to me and I was wondering if some of you have similar feeling about this :)
Yeah I saw it too in that vlog. It seems one sided though. Maybe that’s the reason Ruby left so early, who knows.

Reactions: 5
Honestly I think Ruby has just never had a close friendship like this before. The way she looks at Blakeney, the way she puts on a different voice, her exaggerated reactions, reminds me of how I used to act (as a child) around older girls I looked up to. Because Blakeney like reading and tea as much as she does, I think Ruby's just holding onto her hard. It's nice that she has a friendship like that but she's noticeably more intense with it than Blakeney is, who seems just generally more healthy and well-adjusted. I don't think Ruby's mentally mature enough to really have a crush on Blakeney, I think she just looks up to her and wants to be like her.

Reactions: 52
I don't know why, but for me it feels like Blakeney is not totally happy with the situation with Ruby, maybe because Ruby left her to move back home to her parents. I feel like something stands between them.... But is there some evidence that Blakeney stayed? I don't know actually (sry for my bad english....it's not my main language)

Reactions: 14
”Perceptions of girlhood in Victorian literature” is my guess

Everyone get your guesses in now and whoever gets closest to the actual title wins!
I'll go with "How etiquette rules affected the portrayal of food culture and child development in Victorian era literature"

I don't know why, but for me it feels like Blakeney is not totally happy with the situation with Ruby, maybe because Ruby left her to move back home to her parents. I feel like something stands between them.... But is there some evidence that Blakeney stayed? I don't know actually (sry for my bad english....it's not my main language)
In one of her comments (I can't remember whether it was on IG or YouTube), Ruby answered a question about where Blakeney had been, and Ruby said that she had been in Exeter for "some of the time, not all of the time" while Ruby was at home.

Reactions: 4
It’s a bit pedantic of me but it bothers me how she pretended to have tried that enchanted narnia tea for the first time a week ago with Molly and Blakeney …. when she’s shown the exact same tea on her channel before and talked about it months ago …. 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
”Perceptions of girlhood in Victorian literature” is my guess

Everyone get your guesses in now and whoever gets closest to the actual title wins!
Children and childhood in Victorian and/or Edwardian literature, or something on the growth of the middle class and the development of childhood as a concept and it’s portrayal in literature. I’m convinced she’ll try and get ‘A Little Princess’ in there somewhere. Or, she’ll surprise us all by doing something on Emily Dickinson or something about the development of children’s literature more generally. Or something on food and eating in Victorian literature, focussing on tea/afternoon tea.

Reactions: 13
Idk I feel like they're pretty close. Which makes me think that Blakeney must be extremely tolerant 😂

Reactions: 4
I’ll admit to having cut back on meat consumption in recent years, but this is making me crave a nice rare steak. She’s so smug about it. ”Dear diary, today I spent a good long while thinking about how good I am because I don’t eat animals. I’m so glad the rest of the world is starting to wake up and want to be like me!”
4EE847C4-BACB-4B6F-AB14-66D53C496870.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
This review 😂 'a paradigmatic sophist', 'the cartesian dualist debate' also I read the questions at the end of the first paragraph in a super deep American movie trailer voice
'he is more rhetoric than truth'
This may be my Dumbass™ showing but surely there was a less janky way to express that sentiment? I like Blakeney's reviews because they give a sense of what the book is about, and how she actually felt about what she was reading. Ruby's reviews are just... the absolute opposite. Feels like the kind of theoretically-smart-sounding word salad I come out with when I'm trying to hit the minimum word count on an essay 😂

I’ll admit to having cut back on meat consumption in recent years, but this is making me crave a nice rare steak. She’s so smug about it. ”Dear diary, today I spent a good long while thinking about how good I am because I don’t eat animals. I’m so glad the rest of the world is starting to wake up and want to be like me!”
View attachment 617644
nah that's not what I'm getting from it- it's more like "I found out there is this thing called privilege, so I'm gonna pretend I care for 5 min because otherwise it would hurt my conscience, but I'm actually not gonna do anything to act upon it"

She reminds me of the gap yah guy (minus the bit about chundering everywhere😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
View attachment 617644
I find it impossible to believe that she actually writes like this every day. I’ve never kept a diary, but people don’t usually sound like such wankers in their personal diaries do they??

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.