Ruby Granger #11 A book a day will not keep the ignorance away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it's just me being greedy, but I can't see how one little moons constitutes a snack?šŸ¤£ I donā€™t know if I'm just greedy, but it seems three or four would be more of a snack?

Reactions: 8
It looks like Blakeney just read a bunch of the same things Ruby just read - I hope she hasnā€™t got Stockholm Syndrome. Shout if you need help Blakeney!! Codeword pikelet!
I thought their reading would overlap as they'd have some of the same set texts for modules.

I just had a gander at Blakeney's GR reviews. If she started a book group I'd be here for it!

Reactions: 10
Maybe it's just me being greedy, but I can't see how one little moons constitutes a snack?šŸ¤£ I donā€™t know if I'm just greedy, but it seems three or four would be more of a snack?
I was just coming on here to say the same, she only had some cous cous and veg for dinner as well I think?
The timing of the video was really weird maybe I'm just not with it but she mentioned having made cous cous for dinner, then all of a sudden she was at home then when she was drinking tea they mentioned they went out for dinner

Reactions: 4
Im a fan of clear frames (Iā€™m wearing mine right now!) but those large frames donā€™t do her any justice - she reminds me of Deirdre from Corrie šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I was just coming on here to say the same, she only had some cous cous and veg for dinner as well I think?
The timing of the video was really weird maybe I'm just not with it but she mentioned having made cous cous for dinner, then all of a sudden she was at home then when she was drinking tea they mentioned they went out for dinner
She definitely seems to know what she's doing though, it's sad but who knows what's going on

Judging by the state of her bedroom sink and the kitchen they won't be getting all of there deposit back
And you didn't have a yoghurt bowl you had a bowl of yoghurt

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I thought their reading would overlap as they'd have some of the same set texts for modules.

I just had a gander at Blakeney's GR reviews. If she started a book group I'd be here for it!
Very possibly but it seems to be a bunch of children's books that they have in common. Not saying they wouldn't be on a module, but it seems unlikely.

Reactions: 3
She did say she was going to be staying for a month and only ended up staying two weeks, so either sheā€™s as bad at ā€™rithmetic as she is at the other two Rā€™s, or something came up and she ended her stay sooner than she had meant to. Of course packing up the house was part of the reason, I donā€™t think anyone doubted that.

Sheā€™s decided her dissertation topic! Hereā€™s hoping sheā€™ll share šŸ˜
Well we know it's gonna be something related to children or the Victorian era lmao possibly both

Cous cous is pretty filling imo but knowing Ruby she had a tiny bowl of it with just leaves and no proteins or anything like that

Well we know it's gonna be something related to children or the Victorian era lmao possibly both
ā€Perceptions of girlhood in Victorian literatureā€ is my guess

Everyone get your guesses in now and whoever gets closest to the actual title wins!

Reactions: 26
ā€Perceptions of girlhood in Victorian literatureā€ is my guess

Everyone get your guesses in now and whoever gets closest to the actual title wins!
Ohh I like yours.
I'm gonna say "Please, sir, I want some more - Food and starvation in the Victorian Era"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Very possibly but it seems to be a bunch of children's books that they have in common. Not saying they wouldn't be on a module, but it seems unlikely.
Yeah, fair point. I think I was secretly hoping that Blakeney was going to do a YA creative writing dissertation and was reading children's books to help get the pitch of it right. But it's more likely that Roobes insisted they have a children's book readathon

Reactions: 9
I thought it was interesting to compare Ruby and Blakeney's views on the same book. Blakeney sounds fun and like she actually enjoyed and understood the book. Ruby, on the other hand..her review just sound so try-hard, like she's trying to write a personal statement.
Imagine trying to get Ruby to explain her review in depth to you face-to-face - the moment you ask her "but what do you mean by 'validity reliability'?" she'd probably change the subject like lightning. I highly doubt she would be able to justify any of her jargon-riddled sentences.

Reactions: 26
Imagine trying to get Ruby to explain her review in depth to you face-to-face - the moment you ask her "but what do you mean by 'validity reliability'?" she'd probably change the subject like lightning. I highly doubt she would be able to justify any of her jargon-riddled sentences.
Like her video titles, her book reviews read like SEO-laden Wish item listings "Book read in 2013... Victorian orphan waif... validity reliability... my most favourite book ever"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The muck in that new video made my teeth itch. Everything was dirty, the sinks, the toothbrush holder, the kitchen and did she just hang up a washable mask with the intention to reuse it without washing?? Honestly, I donā€™t know why sheā€™s worried about Covid when living like that must have given her the immune system of an ox.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The muck in that new video made my teeth itch. Everything was dirty, the sinks, the toothbrush holder, the kitchen and did she just hang up a washable mask with the intention to reuse it without washing?? Honestly, I donā€™t know why sheā€™s worried about Covid when living like that must have given her the immune system of an ox.
I feel the same and just chopping on the work surface use a chopping board that's a chopping board not board chopping

Reactions: 10
I thought it was interesting to compare Ruby and Blakeney's views on the same book. Blakeney sounds fun and like she actually enjoyed and understood the book. Ruby, on the other hand..her review just sound so try-hard, like she's trying to write a personal statement.
I had a little trouble trying to read Ruby's review because of some of the words that she has used. I dont even know what some of them mean!! Blakeney's was fun and far easier to read. Maybe Ruby should take notes from her.

Reactions: 3
Do your nails you lazy assšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Like seriously, how can you have such disgusting nails in every video and ig post...
5ACEEF39-D5E4-4B79-986D-D86D584A3973.jpeg

CC236315-4344-405E-94EB-AAE6EA32653E.jpeg

Ffs the state of that kitchen. She didnā€™t bother to clean up for the whole day... Like especially when you know ypuā€™ll be filming a vlog youā€™d think of cleaning earlier wtf
C02ACEFD-97FD-42FC-BB78-1D51792FE0F0.jpeg

030E2D0D-0C31-4485-A896-189DC5779EF3.jpeg

987AB1FF-E712-4FC1-82F0-AED22C616C20.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.