Rosie Jones Comedian

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These adverts for her new TV show are destroying me. I can’t understand a word she is saying. Watched a bit of her on Quiz of the Year. Jimmy Carr reacting to her like she is the funniest person he has ever came across was just cringe because you know exactly what Jimmy Carr must think. But he can’t say anything or would get cancelled. She’s deeply, deeply unfunny.
It’s not funny to me and it’s so exhausting to have to try and understand what she’s saying, no harm to the girl but it is woke comedy & the most unfunny thing ever

Reactions: 18
It’s not funny to me and it’s so exhausting to have to try and understand what she’s saying, no harm to the girl but it is woke comedy & the most unfunny thing ever
Send me to hell but sometimes by the time I've worked out what she's said the moments gone in terms of comic timing.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Everytime I see her on panel shows & interviews & shes trying to be funny it's just really awkward for the other guests you can tell there having to pretend to laugh. I bet shes exsuasting to work with

Reactions: 14
I have seen her a few times on 8 put of ten cats. I always think Jimmy carr really tries with her, but often see a look of confusion or wtf was that after she has told one of her jokes. He then laughs or makes a sarky comment to try and pull the show back to where it was.

Reactions: 9
Every time I see this thread title I wish “comedian” was in inverted commas! 😳😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
According to Wiki she wrote mainly for panel shows, and co wrote one episode of Sex Education.

View attachment 2763354
The way writers rooms work is that you could contribute a single line or change a word and it will still be classed as having written for the show. So for panel shows, it could be literally one joke you’ve written. That’s not the same as being responsible for an entire shows dialogue so the whole “she’s a funny writer” just seems a stretch.

I can’t comment on the episode of Sex Education as I’ve never seen it, but so many comedians are brought in to contribute to the host’s scripts, beef up jokes etc. Based on her actual work, I think we can say she’s not the incredible writer people immediately say she is in defence.

Reactions: 13
The way writers rooms work is that you could contribute a single line or change a word and it will still be classed as having written for the show. So for panel shows, it could be literally one joke you’ve written. That’s not the same as being responsible for an entire shows dialogue so the whole “she’s a funny writer” just seems a stretch.

I can’t comment on the episode of Sex Education as I’ve never seen it, but so many comedians are brought in to contribute to the host’s scripts, beef up jokes etc. Based on her actual work, I think we can say she’s not the incredible writer people immediately say she is in defence.
Yes I vaguely know someone, an aspiring yet unsuccessful writer, who tells anyone who will listen that he is a writer for Have I Got News For You - literally writes it on everything.
Turns out he submitted about 20 jokes over quite a period of time and they selected one incredibly short one in a news round up section.
But his name came up in the end credits as 'contributor' so he has dined out on this for YEARS 😂
So yes I can see Rosie's writing career not being dissimilar.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Love Ivo. He’s done a few of these because IIRC, someone in his family has MS? Wonder if someone could push me next year. I’d love a medal.

Reactions: 14
I bet a lot of comedians avoid working with her but they cant say no. I'm not been nasty coz of disability coz there is some funny disabled comedians but I switch over when I see her coz she just spoils the show shes not funny & as someones already said I cant understand a word she says.

Does anyone know how her tours going?

Reactions: 11
I just can't imagine sitting there on her tour being captive audience for an hour and a half or whatever it is. On TV she's with other people but it takes a lot for me to concentrate on one person's entire show at the best of times 😬

Reactions: 11
Only stand up shows I can watch are peter kay & jack Whitehall. I dont mind some of the others as back ground noise while I scroll on my phone. But I cant stand jimmy carr when he does standup but dont mind him on panel shows 🤷‍♀️ & I'd rather watch paint dry then watch anything with rosie in 😂

Reactions: 6
I honestly don’t know how people part with their hard earned money to watch her shows. It would be like torture for me to sit through that 🤣

Reactions: 12