Rosie Jones Comedian

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been reading about her on The Royal Variety Performance and wondered what people's thoughts on her are?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I feel a bit uncomfortable with the fact that even though she is disabled herself, her jokes are quite discriminatory.

Reactions: 39
Deeply unfunny. I’m always a bit disappointed when she’s on 8 out of 10 cats as she monopolises the conversation with deeply unfunny stories.

Reactions: 66
Not a fan of hers, my lad was a fan of Mock The Week and she would often be on the show and it seemed the panel just laughed at her jokes because they felt they had too.

Reactions: 44
Not a fan of hers, my lad was a fan of Mock The Week and she would often be on the show and it seemed the panel just laughed at her jokes because they felt they had too.
Im glad you said it. I’m all for inclusion but I’ve yet to hear a joke that’s actually funny and I don’t feel you should laugh because you are forced or feel that you should.

Reactions: 50
I agree with all the above. I would further add that I find the 'upper middle-class liberal' hand-wringing cries of ableism whenever people say she isn't funny to be irritating too.

There are plenty of disabled comedians or comic actors who can be funny - for example, Adam Hills, Alex Brooker and Lenny Rush - and so the cries of ableism smack of people wanting to look PC over anything else.

Reactions: 39
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they actually find her funny, and whenever there's a Reddit post on "British unfunny comedians" she is always one of the first and most mentioned. I can't understand how she's managed to build a career when almost nobody thinks she's funny. I get comedy is subjective, not everyone likes the same sort of thing, but she seems to be universally disliked, yet still keeps getting work.

She was on a livestream comedy gig I watched with my partner during lockdown and we really tried, but ended up muting it until she was finished as she was just painful to watch. If I was thinking of going to a comedy gig and she was on the bill, it would definitely put me off.

Reactions: 31
There are plenty of comedians with disabilities that I like but Rosie Jones I've lost patience with. She has to make herself the centre of everything. I admire her for pushing the boundaries but she does that thing where whenever there is a 'group' setting (i.e. chat or panel show), she enjoys being centre-stage. She's not the only person in comedy that does this. Peter Kay was a monster for it. RJ likes to try to be edgy but it can come across as just irritating. If she wants to be measured against the same criteria as non-disabled comedians, then, yep, irritating and not really my kind of humour. But, maybe she can turn that into a positive. I think she probably enjoys being irritating.

Reactions: 21
I've never found her funny tbh she came and did a gig at our local theatre and it was sold out so I guess She must have a good fan base 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I just can't understand a word she says, I am not anti disability my brother had downs.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I've always felt like "that witch" to say I can't stand her, because I am very supportive of disabled people in general (three close family members with lifelong/degenerative illnesses/disabilities) and respect what she represents - but honestly, I have to turn over from anything she's on.

I just do not find her funny. Also, my ADHD does not compute with how long it takes her to spit things out, especially when it's not remotely funny or interesting.

There are far funnier disabled comedians/ennes out there who deserve a chance in the spotlight, but it feels like the public will only accept one at a time and she's flavour of the month for now. Respect to her for breaking boundaries and such, but it's starting to feel like she's got a bit of a monopoly on disabled women in comedy.

• Sad
Reactions: 50
Im glad you said it. I’m all for inclusion but I’ve yet to hear a joke that’s actually funny and I don’t feel you should laugh because you are forced or feel that you should.
Every time I've seen her on anything the ausience/rest of the panel always laugh overly hysterically at anything she says, far more than for anyone else. It's so patronising

Reactions: 30
If she wasn't disabled, she wouldn't get half the attention as she's incredibly unfunny.

Reactions: 45
I have to say I've found my people! Cannot abide her! I will turn off shows she's on. A big part of comedy is the timing of which she has none, she takes so long to get out her usually long & self indulgent stories I've completely lost interest by the time she finishes.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I have to say I've found my people! Cannot abide her! I will turn off shows she's on. A big part of comedy is the timing of which she has none, she takes so long to get out her usually long & self indulgent stories I've completely lost interest by the time she finishes.
And when she gets there, half the time the punchline is "I'm a lesbian" or "I'm disabled" 🤷

She's been a guest on a couple of podcasts I listen to, and I always skip an episode if she's on because it's unbearable.

Reactions: 33