Rosie Jones Comedian

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not remotely ableist. All three of my male cousins have special needs and I would rip to shreds anyone who ridiculed them. But Rosie Jones is simply not funny. She just isn't. Plenty of other disabled comedians are, but she isn't one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Could you imagine the uproar and allegations if they said it was shite? The three of them aren’t funny in the slightest. I don’t know anyone who would willingly watch them.

Reactions: 16
She's on The Last Leg tonight... Was gonna watch it to see Josh winding up Alex about the Masked singer but I'll pass now 😔

Reactions: 3
I'm so torn with Rosie.
She gets terrible online abuse - like last night after appearing on The Last Leg - which I only caught a snippet of tbh. Twitter has gone mad. Every time she appears on anything it trends. And most mediocre comedians don't get that attention after an appearance.
But I don't think she is funny in the slightest, or even a bit witty. It's not just her delivery, which she can't always help, but what she says. Always so clunky and obvious.
So her disability gets her a lot of grief, but also opportunities other far funnier comedians don't get.

Reactions: 21
She has used her disability to further her comedy career but timing aside she does not say anything remotely funny and shes not witty. If she was able bodied she would never have come as far as she has. She is a pushy character and she has used her disability to gain success. My late brother had Downs so I am not anti disabled folk.

Reactions: 20
I know ive said it before but i dislike her politics and her “hot angry tears” aimed at JKR.
---
By the way, does anyone know any of her writing credits?
When someone criticises her they are wheeled out to prove the critic is ableist as she is a very funny writer. I’m curious…

Reactions: 11
According to Wiki she wrote mainly for panel shows, and co wrote one episode of Sex Education.

Screenshot_20240217_144341.jpg

Can't stand the advert for her game show on Comedy Central, of course the people taking part all have pronouns on their name badges 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wow, it’s not just me then.
She is not funny at all. Not heard, and I be tried, anything she said that made me laugh.
Just Why?
What the hell’s this about?
I’ve drunk in pubs with “disabled people”, who’ve been genuinely funny with their prospective on life, hilarious one of them. Maybe she needs a better scriptwriter?

Reactions: 6
Maybe she needs a change of direction, career-wise? Just because she's disabled doesn't mean that she should be immune from valid criticism if she's not performing well and affecting viewing figures.

Reactions: 18
God ahe and the team are on loose women today, you can see Kathryn doesn't find her funny at all. It's actually awkward to watch

Reactions: 5