Rosie Jones Comedian

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those venues don't really reflect that she's on the telly every other day... Almost as if in the real world where people put their money in their pockets for tickets, she's not very popular at all?

Reactions: 23
Those venues don't really reflect that she's on the telly every other day... Almost as if in the real world where people put their money in their pockets for tickets, she's not very popular at all?
Yep.

Some of them like Liverpool Everyman are decent size for a "comedy club" gig, but it's hardly an arena tour like most of the channel 4 favourites would do is it. Not exactly Hammersmith Apollo where the known names usually go.

Also her ticket price at Liverpool is £16. Tim Vine a week before in the same space is £26 and totally sold out.

Reactions: 12
Chris is pretty mainstream now.

Several appearances on WILTY and HIGNFY, his own show on C4, presented a BAFTA too.

He’s very funny, grounded and not at all entitled which seems to help.
Another good comedian is Jamie McDonald. He has limited sight and will eventually go fully blind. In his sets, he does talk about some of the stuff he has to go through but it's not all woe is me like certain people.

Reactions: 6
Yep, some of those venues are very small indeed.

Reactions: 1
Writer-Actress-Comedian?

Reminds me of staycation where people just made up their own definition of a word that was already defined.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Writer-Actress-Comedian?

Reminds me of staycation where people just made up their own definition of a word that was already defined.
The triple threat just means someone who has done well in three different mediums but for some reason, people always think singer/dancer/actor.

If that is her claim, she is 'technically' right. however In her case however I would get the trading standards in (Does that even still exist...if not, it shows my age lol) considering she claims to be a successful comedian when the jury is still out on that and she has only done bit part roles when acting.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if she means 'gay, disabled, woman' for triple threat?
I *think* I vaguely remember her saying something similar once.

Reactions: 14
The triple threat just means someone who has done well in three different mediums but for some reason, people always think singer/dancer/actor.

If that is her claim, she is 'technically' right. however In her case however I would get the trading standards in (Does that even still exist...if not, it shows my age lol) considering she claims to be a successful comedian when the jury is still out on that and she has only done bit part roles when acting.
That's what I was getting at, sorry. I've lived in America and the UK and mis-importation of American words and phrases is a big bugbear of mine. So triple threat originated as singer/actor/dancer but in the UK has been taken away from its actual meaning to mean capable of doing three things. Staycation was originally hyper-localised to holidaying in New York when you live in New York, because there's so much to do and you don't get much time off in a year. I've heard people in the UK say Happy Holidays to people going on annual leave in summer, when it's actually used in place of Happy Christmas/ Hannukah/ Kwanzaa/ compliments of the season in America.

Back on topic, it's very on brand for whoever names Rosie Jones's tours to wind me up 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She has a tour starting Saturday so needs the publicity to shift the tickets.

I won't be partaking. Just not funny!

View attachment 2726851
In fairness, I’ve seen some quite big comedians at some tiny venues, who are regulars on panel shows and mainstream tv (Andy Parsons in Ebbw Vale, Mark Steele in Abergavenny, Rich Hall and Nish Kumar in Brecon, Reginald D Hunter and Kevin Bridges in the Savoy, Monmouth…). That said, if she appeared in our village hall I’d be in my lounge with the TV on, watching something funny…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why is she a triple threat?

I thought triple threat is an actor/actress who can sing, act and dance? I don't get why that is the title of her tour.
One of her jokes is that she's a triple threat because she's "gay, disabled... and a prick. The BBC love me!"

• Sick
Reactions: 5