Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lala8

But if your really pro Rosie and think she's so great you can make a rave thread for her. You don't need to keep coming on here to stick up for her. There's other places for that.
I’m not pro Rosie, just pro understanding why people act the way they do and finding solutions ✌🏼

lala8

So where does the ‘blame’ lie, way back to the original inadequate ancestor who started the cycle of neglect, abuse and deprivation? Most of the posters here have issue with Rosie’s failure to take responsibility. Blame is something Rosie does, to excuse her adult choices and behaviour. It’s the opposite of responsibility. No-one is disputing Rosie’s behaviour, actions and even her thought processes are related to her own experiences. I think we have all agreed it’s incredibly sad. What we’re saying is that it doesn’t excuse her subjecting her own children to the same.

The care system isn’t ideal, but your claims are outdated, there are so many measures being taken to improve the care experience and improve life chances for children. What’s the alternative? Do we turn a blind eye to toxic parenting because they didn’t have a great upbringing themselves? Do we prioritise a parent’s needs above a child’s rights?
I don’t agree that it excuses her either. At all. And no I don’t think we should turn a blind eye, but I also know what it’s like to lose your way in life and how hard it can be to get back on track. I’d agree with you if people weren’t on here saying they’re having a wonderful time watching her, which they do regularly. Enjoying watching a mother display toxic behaviour isn’t at all helpful to the children they profess to care so deeply about.
A report found that on average there are 550 cases of proven abuse in foster care in the uk and 300 in residential care and that’s only of those able to report the abuse. Far more go unreported. You can’t say there’s been measures put in place to safeguard children but also say social work do nothing regarding these two children. Full of contradictions.

irishlassie

VIP Member
This is never gonna end it’s going on and on she said this I need to stick up for myself but I’m no keeping it going