Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn’t Beatrice on a hefty salary with a presumably hefty severance payment yet it’s still a chance to beg for a fiver a month or whatever it is…
I don’t know if you get severance pay in America they seem to have no job protection , she was definitely making 6 figures which is why she’s slow to get a normal job , I’m guessing the kids could be in private schools or some kinda fee paying school
---
No, he is a stay at home Dad.
The boys are old enough for him to get a job now if needed in fairness 🙈

Reactions: 5
Yeah, I'm not buying that Beatrice couldn't just get a normal job like the rest of us plebs. It's hardly a choice between fashion or nothing... though maybe herself and Rosemary are two peas in a pod in that regard, where normie jobs are too far below them.
I wouldn't class journalism/writing as an abnormal job? 🤣

Reactions: 2
I listened to an episode of their podcast earlier that was about work and how other people perceive the kind of work Rosemary does. It was interesting enough, she has thousands of substack subscribers so must be pulling in a good amount. I wonder if she is prioritising podcast money for Beatrice until she finds a new job. I do find them very entertaining but I also do think it’s interesting that they can make so much money just chatting about themselves on what is basically the radio. I could never do it like so fair play but I feel like I understand the people who criticise them also.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think taking a few months to find a similarly paid job in your field that you’ve worked in for years and built a name in is that mad? She’s not acting like she’s on the breadline turning her nose up at jobs, she’s saying that boosting their subscribers would take the pressure off a bit, which like, fair enough? If I had spent decades getting to a six figure job in my industry I probably would try to hold out for a similar role for a few months, I’m guessing they have savings etc.

Reactions: 22
I don’t think taking a few months to find a similarly paid job in your field that you’ve worked in for years and built a name in is that mad? She’s not acting like she’s on the breadline turning her nose up at jobs, she’s saying that boosting their subscribers would take the pressure off a bit, which like, fair enough? If I had spent decades getting to a six figure job in my industry I probably would try to hold out for a similar role for a few months, I’m guessing they have savings etc.
^^^This.
It can be quite damaging to your career, particularly at the level Beatrice was at, to take a stop gap, lesser paid role. It's diminishing your future earning power.

Reactions: 11
^^^This.
It can be quite damaging to your career, particularly at the level Beatrice was at, to take a stop gap, lesser paid role. It's diminishing your future earning power.
Yeah, I don't think people realise how senior she was. It's not like she could, or indeed should, go stacking shelves in Walmart or whatever just because it's a job.

Reactions: 13
Yeah, I don't think people realise how senior she was. It's not like she could, or indeed should, go stacking shelves in Walmart or whatever just because it's a job.
To be fair her husband could, RM is making it sound like us signing up to the pod is their only lifeline.

Reactions: 7
To be fair her husband could, RM is making it sound like us signing up to the pod is their only lifeline.
but is she actually making it sound like it’s their only lifeline or is she saying it would be great if they could make more money from this product/service they’re already providing? People seem to think they’re crying poverty and refusing to get jobs, they’re clearly in a comfortable enough position and can afford to take time to decide. If I had a free podcast with a paid option and then lost my day job I’m sure I’d encourage people to sign up for the paid option before I went taking a lower paid job in an industry unrelated to the one I’d worked my way up in. No hate at all I just think people are reading way too much into them promoting the patreon more.

Reactions: 9
I really don't think she is. I don't know maybe I just have a heart of stone but I think she is just talking? She's always been honest, that's been her thing. It's just facts, the chances of Beatrice getting a job in her field where they live(and yeah someone is allowed to want a job in the career that they have spent years working in and obviously enjoy) are slim. Also the chances of them making a similar salary from the podcast are slim, it's obvious that they know that and who knows if Beatrice would feel fulfilled by just doing the pod, I think the chances of that are also slim.

It's all just talk, just chat, like Rosemary has always done and like lots of people very much hated Rosemary for. She has never sugar-coated things, never pretended everything is fantastic, just said whatever she was thinking. She would love for her sister to stay, the only way to do that would be for the pod to become wildly successful, why shouldn't she say that if that's what she is thinking? Would you rather she sits there and lies?

Reactions: 17
but is she actually making it sound like it’s their only lifeline or is she saying it would be great if they could make more money from this product/service they’re already providing? People seem to think they’re crying poverty and refusing to get jobs, they’re clearly in a comfortable enough position and can afford to take time to decide. If I had a free podcast with a paid option and then lost my day job I’m sure I’d encourage people to sign up for the paid option before I went taking a lower paid job in an industry unrelated to the one I’d worked my way up in. No hate at all I just think people are reading way too much into them promoting the patreon more.
I’m just going by what she wrote… wouldn’t it be great if the podcast could support them both and Beatrice could stay in FW. To me that reads she otherwise can’t stay in FW.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I think sometimes with Rosemary her honesty can rub people up the wrong way. In fairness to her she has always been transparent about money as in her paid work, her money diary etc. I would much rather her subscribe to my content than alot of the other Irish influencers who are the epitome of the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain

Reactions: 12
Look there's no way the pod would ever bring them up to anything like Beatrice wage I think rosemary said it trying to be funny and get more subs. I love the podcast

Reactions: 7
I find it very beggy and off putting. If their podcast was consistent and they put something in place for when they take holidays- I'd somewhat consider. But she is begging people to subscribe for something which isn't guaranteed. Pls subscribe for something and pay for it weekly/monthly which you may or may not get. And if you do, it may or may not be on time?? We'd all love the job where you've to do nothing & put your feet up and scratch your arse all day. But bills have still to be paid & childcare/medical etc! Welcome to the real world rosemary!!

Reactions: 12
I find it very beggy and off putting. If their podcast was consistent and they put something in place for when they take holidays- I'd somewhat consider. But she is begging people to subscribe for something which isn't guaranteed. Pls subscribe for something and pay for it weekly/monthly which you may or may not get. And if you do, it may or may not be on time?? We'd all love the job where you've to do nothing & put your feet up and scratch your arse all day. But bills have still to be paid & childcare/medical etc! Welcome to the real world rosemary!!
This 🙌🏽 she makes out she’s killed working when in reality she’s lazy and often late posting her he podcast she allegedly cares so much about

Reactions: 6
I don’t know if you get severance pay in America they seem to have no job protection , she was definitely making 6 figures which is why she’s slow to get a normal job , I’m guessing the kids could be in private schools or some kinda fee paying school
---

The boys are old enough for him to get a job now if needed in fairness 🙈
He does work he’s a freelance lighting director and editor so he is obviously flexible and can work around her hours and the kids needs .

Reactions: 3
Ugggh I can’t with her today.
How does she not have the sense in her head to know that stuff like this is actually really counterproductive. Creating your own echo chamber is not how you win/further an argument.

Let’s hope for her sake that not too many of her patrons find themselves identifying with anything on her list, otherwise she’ll be missing out on their $5 a month (not including tax)

I’d wager lots of people have an issue with the issue of competitive sports, yet might find everything else on the list abhorrent. So well done Rosemary, excellent work at alienating moderates with sincere concerns.

Grow up and stop trying to tell others how to think whilst simultaneously begging for a living🤨🤢

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
How does she not have the sense in her head to know that stuff like this is actually really counterproductive. Creating your own echo chamber is not how you win/further an argument.

Let’s hope for her sake that not too many of her patrons find themselves identifying with anything on her list, otherwise she’ll be missing out on their $5 a month (not including tax)

I’d wager lots of people have an issue with the issue of competitive sports, yet might find everything else on the list abhorrent. So we’ll done Rosemary, excellent work at alienating moderates with sincere concerns.

Grow up and stop trying to tell others how to think whilst simultaneously begging for a living🤨🤢
This was my exact thought when I saw this, the inclusion of the competitive sports part… she really does fly the flag of being the PERFECT ally, and anything that falls short of that might as well be total opposition. Think it’s really dangerous rhetoric that anyone who doesn’t fall in line 100% are simply evil and not good enough to be considered good at all! This cannibalisation is what causes the opposite side to be even stronger, since people who are supportive of trans rights are too afraid to slip up and end up staying completely silent.

Reactions: 19

I’d wager lots of people have an issue with the issue of competitive sports, yet might find everything else on the list abhorrent. So well done Rosemary, excellent work at alienating moderates with sincere concerns.

Couldn’t agree more.

rosemary’s use of “uneducated” and “ignorant” ironic in those stories….

Reactions: 8
Yeah I don’t mind who identifies as what (i mean, within reason…) but I can’t see what the argument is for letting trans women participate in categories with biological females. And disagreeing with that isn’t in the same league as the other stuff she posted.

Reactions: 22