Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ill start by saying I've followed for years and am a fan, have preordered her book etc.

I'm curious more than anything. If you're a big fan and on a rave thread and know that the person you're discussing has said they'd hate if there was a rant thread about them why would you suggest that was created?

Reactions: 2
Ill start by saying I've followed for years and am a fan, have preordered her book etc.

I'm curious more than anything. If you're a big fan and on a rave thread and know that the person you're discussing has said they'd hate if there was a rant thread about them why would you suggest that was created?
Honestly I don't see why there is rant/rave threads. One thread about the person, job done.

(For clarity I wasn't the person that suggested a rant thread but I don't understand why there's different threads)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I totally agree, I donā€™t get the reason to limit any thread to only one sort of opinion. Surely if a person is likeable and unproblematic then people will say nice things anyway.

One person, one thread all the way!

Reactions: 14
I completely agree.

But if you love an influencer and are telling people to go rant somewhere else even though the influencer has openly said they'd hate that it's a bit gas

Reactions: 1
I honestly donā€™t know how I feel about the breastfeeding coverage. Itā€™s super conflicting because I wouldnā€™t care at all if anyone worked away breastfeeding while I was with them, obviously itā€™s demand led etc. And understand the odd pic breastfeeding, natural part of life. Not a prude but was very surprised at the latest breastfeeding pic. Sounds awful but it feels nearly sexualised? But definitely more of an attention grabber than anything elseā€¦. Iā€™m also fairly sure anyone that has a baby is pressured into breastfeeding so much so that ā€œawarenessā€ of it isnā€™t majorly benefitting from influencer boob picsā€¦ open to correction.

Reactions: 4
I like rosemary a lot. But Iā€™m withered from the breastfeeding bullshit.

Reactions: 11
I agree, great if she is happy breastfeeding but I don't know what she and others who do similar are trying to achieve? Surely anyone who is interested in doing it is doing so and anyone who isn't doesn't want to see it on their Instagram feed. Although I wouldn't be interested in a picture of someone bottle feeding either. She must be short of content.

In fairness I enjoyed the episode with her cousin

Reactions: 7
The thing that gets me about the breastfeeding is she had a post during international breastfeeding week about now sheā€™d encourage anyone who has a baby to give it a go, itā€™s free etc etc. but then is open about giving her baby leftover Indian takeaway. Like maybe I think you should give cooking fresh food a go, so spare me the lecture on breastfeeding šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
I do really like Rosemary, but I think the story today about her husband being laid off with no notice etc just absolutely highlights how undependable this whole Instagram/blogging ā€œcareerā€ is. Like I know behind the scenes sheā€™s a writer and what not, but it just goes to show how quickly tit can hit the fan. You canā€™t depend on something so unpredictable as social media, and people subscribing to you so you can keep your head above water.

Reactions: 19
I do really like Rosemary, but I think the story today about her husband being laid off with no notice etc just absolutely highlights how undependable this whole Instagram/blogging ā€œcareerā€ is. Like I know behind the scenes sheā€™s a writer and what not, but it just goes to show how quickly tit can hit the fan. You canā€™t depend on something so unpredictable as social media, and people subscribing to you so you can keep your head above water.
100 per cent. She also doesnā€™t provide consistent content. I know she canā€™t get a proper job until she has green card but Iā€™d bet any amount of money that she will never go back to a 9 to 5.

Reactions: 10
While I have sympathy that Brandin lost his job, it annoys me that she is on begging for people to support her. Could we do that if we lost our jobs? She is a 30 something with responsibilities! If she had spent less on Doordash, random Instagram ads and unnecessary subscriptions, she would have some savings and a bit more self respect.

Reactions: 21
Her situation sounds like a nightmare to be fair. America's healthcare system is so batshit. All the same Id be so uncomfortable to be in her position and not earning a lot or at least earning inconsistently, no health insurance, no pension, basically dependent on the one income and then the economy downturns and that's gone at least temporarily. And no savings of her own. I don't understand it, the level of stress that kind of dependence would give me is unreal. Maybe because my dad was an accountant and I still have my communion money in a post office account somewhere šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Fair play to her for asking people to subscribe I say. If you do t like it then dont pay. In terms of the Medicare she's on again today saying she hopes they don't get sick and giving examples of what it would cost with/ without health insurance. She's working herself up. I'd be fairly certain if anything serious happened to her or heaven forbidden her Son she would be back here sharpish for treatment. Obviously some illnesses need immediate treatment but I think it's disingenuous of her to suggest she would be left with no healthcare access.

Reactions: 8
Her situation sounds like a nightmare to be fair. America's healthcare system is so batshit. All the same Id be so uncomfortable to be in her position and not earning a lot or at least earning inconsistently, no health insurance, no pension, basically dependent on the one income and then the economy downturns and that's gone at least temporarily. And no savings of her own. I don't understand it, the level of stress that kind of dependence would give me is unreal. Maybe because my dad was an accountant and I still have my communion money in a post office account somewhere šŸ˜‚
She also has fairly significant debt. Credit card debt, I donā€™t just mean the mortgage. It is utterly irresponsible. I have young kids and a full time job (a real one) and cooking dinner everyday is a chore but I still do it. I do like Rosemary but she needs to cop on about the daily takeaway habit and randomly dropping hundreds in target. She has a young child to think of, as well as the 2 step kids. She canā€™t afford her current lifestyle, itā€™s all gone to credit cards.

Reactions: 23
I have a feeling her parents will end up forking out for the insurance. They bought the car she drives.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I wasn't aware of the takeaways, I do remember reading her money diary way back before she moved to the US and thinking jaysus, that's nuts weekly spends on extortionate take-aways, how could you justify that? I just think she's one of these people who is useless with saving and financial planning, if she has it she spends it type of person. Plenty of them out there. She's gotten herself into a very stressful situation now with the lack of savings and having to strip down her budget to no disposable expenditure at all, it's going to be hard but she might learn a thing or two about the importance of a rainy day fund.

Reactions: 14