Robbie Williams and Ayda Field

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A million girls wrote to Jim’ll fix it (😳) to meet Take That. The girl who won is the girl who turns the light on/off in the garage for this video.

Cringe teen moment for me was my first live show, they sang “satisfied” and one of the dance moves involved sort of humping the floor - gave me flutters 😂😂😂😂
It was the same with Give Good Feeling when Gary stopped them in the middle of the song to show how 'they were giving good feeling' backstage. Robbie's thrusting almost had me fainting there and then along with him, Howard looked like he was having a fit, and Jason was...well, he showed he could run around the stage and dance. Mark nearly caused a stampede when he rubbed the towel across himself and threw it into the audience then crawled along the stage doing his impression of what I assume was a tiger? Gary bless him didn't even try because he knew no one was interested in him strutting about...ahh memories lol.
---
That really is sweet, I 🤣 reacted because you can just hear the words “Barlow’s Barge” in Gary’s deadpan voice.
The thing is the two of them have really good chemistry so it would probably work...for a series at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Has anyone just watched the Reel Stories on BBC2 with TT and Dermot O’Leary? A real trip down memory lane
I'm watching it now.
---
It was the same with Give Good Feeling when Gary stopped them in the middle of the song to show how 'they were giving good feeling' backstage. Robbie's thrusting almost had me fainting there and then along with him, Howard looked like he was having a fit, and Jason was...well, he showed he could run around the stage and dance. Mark nearly caused a stampede when he rubbed the towel across himself and threw it into the audience then crawled along the stage doing his impression of what I assume was a tiger? Gary bless him didn't even try because he knew no one was interested in him strutting about...ahh memories lol.
---

The thing is the two of them have really good chemistry so it would probably work...for a series at least.
Give Good Feeling was my favourite Take That song. Followed by Why can't I wake up with you - not the album version the one that got released.
---
Was belting out TT tunes on the Alexa today and singing my heart out. Sure has always been a favourite of mine and I can sort of remember the dance routine I made up to it as a kid. Also screeched my head off but to Relight My Fire- that is a bleeping banger!
I remember waiting for the first showing of the Sure video to be played on telly, it was a proper production that one. Relight my Fire was my Robbie is utterly fit phase 😂
---
Has anyone just watched the Reel Stories on BBC2 with TT and Dermot O’Leary? A real trip down memory lane
Just finished. Bloody loved it. Made me quite emosh. It's 30 + years of my life. The ups and downs and now we are here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Give Good Feeling was my favourite Take That song. Followed by Why can't I wake up with you - not the album version the one that got released.
I don't mind the album version but the single version is much better. IIRC, they remixed it for release in the US as they were trying to break there at the time. They tried to make the video more sexy...not in a cheesy Do What You Like Way but more, sitting there half undressed while looking moody in dim lighting.

They got a bit of exposure but nowhere near the fame they got in the UK & Europe and as far as I am aware, the only song that actually charted in the US was Back For Good. Robbie flopped when he tried to do American as well but surprisingly Gary got on a few US charts including Billboard with a remixed version of So Help Me Girl and got some good reviews for it.
---
I remember waiting for the first showing of the Sure video to be played on telly, it was a proper production that one. Relight my Fire was my Robbie is utterly fit phase 😂

Just finished. Bloody loved it. Made me quite emosh. It's 30 + years of my life. The ups and downs and now we are here.
I remember there was a bit of a hoopla when Sure came out because they would show the edited version of the video and people would phone up complaining they wanted to see the uncut one.

When I saw you had written 30+ years I was like...surely it's not been that long but it really has. I still remember the first video I watched of theirs...It Only Takes A Minute and I was hooked. I went to my mum and begged her for money to join the fan club which got me a welcome pack which included a free T-Shirt. I was looking forward to it for ages then was annoyed as it was Mark I got instead of Robbie so gave it to my little sister. I dread to think what I spent over the years on their merch as I had the curtains, bed sheets, clothes, books..anything that came out with them on it, I had to have it. I actually still have copies of their albums and videos lying around somewhere.

Then there were the actual singles. It's funny because I called out my niece's friend for wanting to buy several copies of Taylor's albums saying it was a waste of money as some of them were the exact same thing with just a different colour but then my mum reminded me I was the same. I couldn't just buy one copy of the single..if there were three cassettes, I had to have them all and it was the same when the CDs were released. I even spent £30 to get a copy of the A Million Love Songs EP on vinyl because it was so hard to get....when you actually think about it, it's bonkers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I was never a Thatter as a tween/teen but I went to the reunion tour (and several since) and screamed the house down 🤣

Reactions: 7
I love Mortimer and Whitehouse. I think they could actually make a good pair on a programme like that! I'd watch it 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just listening to his version of My Way. Gives me goosebumps several times over 😍

Reactions: 1
I don't mind the album version but the single version is much better. IIRC, they remixed it for release in the US as they were trying to break there at the time. They tried to make the video more sexy...not in a cheesy Do What You Like Way but more, sitting there half undressed while looking moody in dim lighting.

They got a bit of exposure but nowhere near the fame they got in the UK & Europe and as far as I am aware, the only song that actually charted in the US was Back For Good. Robbie flopped when he tried to do American as well but surprisingly Gary got on a few US charts including Billboard with a remixed version of So Help Me Girl and got some good reviews for it.
---

I remember there was a bit of a hoopla when Sure came out because they would show the edited version of the video and people would phone up complaining they wanted to see the uncut one.

When I saw you had written 30+ years I was like...surely it's not been that long but it really has. I still remember the first video I watched of theirs...It Only Takes A Minute and I was hooked. I went to my mum and begged her for money to join the fan club which got me a welcome pack which included a free T-Shirt. I was looking forward to it for ages then was annoyed as it was Mark I got instead of Robbie so gave it to my little sister. I dread to think what I spent over the years on their merch as I had the curtains, bed sheets, clothes, books..anything that came out with them on it, I had to have it. I actually still have copies of their albums and videos lying around somewhere.

Then there were the actual singles. It's funny because I called out my niece's friend for wanting to buy several copies of Taylor's albums saying it was a waste of money as some of them were the exact same thing with just a different colour but then my mum reminded me I was the same. I couldn't just buy one copy of the single..if there were three cassettes, I had to have them all and it was the same when the CDs were released. I even spent £30 to get a copy of the A Million Love Songs EP on vinyl because it was so hard to get....when you actually think about it, it's bonkers.
That was me with other bands! I honestly can’t believe I spent all that money! I Lao bought every magazine too!!
I’ve gone down a take that hole!

Reactions: 3
anyone seeing him at bst next year? Pricey and I very much expect it to be the tour I’ve seen twice now but I couldn’t help myself………only general admission though. Too close to Christmas for more.

I’d love to see him, but my friend isn’t fussed at seeing him again and I don’t know anyone else who would 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 2
He's a pop star, not a politician. Why should he comment on the atrocities?
Because you show some empathy and care for your fans. Everyone else managed it. Nothing to do with being a politician and everything to do with having the nerve to stand up and show some solidarity when something like that happens. Especially after going on about his connection to Israel, his Hebrew tattoo and Jewish traditions etc. it was quite a noticeable silence for those of us who were at the show and listened to him talking about all that.

I used to like his shows but that’s put me off them. He just seems performative and fake to me now. It’s no biggy he has plenty of fans. He’ll survive. 😬

Last edited:
I thought Robbie looked the best he’d done in a while. Unless they’re doing a family thing, you don’t often see photos of them out together.

They were a really lush couple back in the day and seemed effortless and very in love; me and my school friends idolised them. All Saints seemed so cool to us and we practiced all their songs and copied their outfits 😂

There is a great clip on YouTube where they bump into each other at the Brit Awards (2010) and there is a lot of palpable chemistry despite them both being married to other people!
Just watched it

• Heart
Reactions: 4