Robbie Williams and Ayda Field

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But like Beckham -so much of the house in the documentary.
Thought it was good, as someone fighting some demons at the moment it helped me.

Baffled as to why he did it in his pants or why his eldest daughter is shown but not the others. Plus as others have said it seemed like she asked a planted question which isn’t great for a kid.

His wife comes across to me as someone who was happy to marry someone rich & famous, but that may be harsh. She seems good for him in fairness, I just like more down to earth people. Someone like the assistant who told him steroids would f him up.
I agree, she knew who he was if he googled her then she googled him. The way he treated her too in the early days, I know he was on drugs but she wasn’t so it’s either desperate or she genuinely thought he was her soulmate. If he was just Robert from Stoke she wouldn’t have been interested. Also, why I’m here, her constant adverts for a brand irk me. I only follow her to see him. In saying that I do actually like her 😂

Reactions: 6
I agree, she knew who he was if he googled her then she googled him. The way he treated her too in the early days, I know he was on drugs but she wasn’t so it’s either desperate or she genuinely thought he was her soulmate. If he was just Robert from Stoke she wouldn’t have been interested. Also, why I’m here, her constant adverts for a brand irk me. I only follow her to see him. In saying that I do actually like her 😂
What does she actually advertise? Is it a clothing line?

Reactions: 1
Alcohol, coke and probably other substances have pretty much permanently destroyed his dopamine circuits.

It's the chronic depression of the ex addict and his brain chemistry has been changed permanently. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he talked about this instead of presenting his depression as something that just happened.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Honestly obsessed with Robbie's back catalogue since watching the documentary. He is absolutely not the best singer but his voice is instantly recognisable and suits his songs. I am a reborn fan!

Also seems my parrots previous owner might have been a fan because he gets super excited when he hears the songs 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I re-read an interview with Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy earlier about his experiences writing with Robbie. This is the main part of what he says -

"Well, the first thing when he came over, we did a few acoustic things, and then he came back the next day and said, "I just want to do electro." So I set up just a very simple sequence. I just turned on the machines and it started doing a very straightforward sequence in E. I didn't even choose a note. That was just what came out. And he sang the first verse of "Sin Sin Sin," with some of the words that remained! So it was incredible. It was just like turning on a tap sometimes. He could just come up with this.

So I thought, "Well, if he can do that with melody and lyrics, what would he be like if he was playing the bass?" Because he's just a hook machine. So "Tripping," which I think was #2 here, that's him playing the bass. That was one of the first bass lines he came up with. And then other things he'd just sit down at the keyboard and mess around a bit, and I'd play the bass. I'd put some drums down, and he'd start to play, and I'd join in, and we'd jam. And that's how we wrote the album. Because he did come up with the great hooks on everything he played. I mean, he called it Intensive Care because I don't think he'd ever been put through so much hell. Because, y'know, Guy [Chambers] probably played all the keyboards on the other records. But it was great fun!"

I did have a listen to the stuff off that album again just now. "Tripping" is particularly good. As I've said, there's a great back catalogue of singles that he has - and far more musically varied than Gary "Boring" Barlow and Take That since Robbie left.

Reactions: 14
I was surprised how personally he took the criticism in the press. I also felt sad for him that he loved Rudebox and felt it was his best work, when it was mocked and derided by pretty much every music critic in the land. I'm glad Ayda came along when she did and saved him.
I bloody love rudebox but personally think life thru a lens is massively underrated!
---
When did everyone become a Robbie fan? My earliest memory was when Rock DJ was released. I was about 11 and my cousin was raving about the video - “he pulls off his skin!”

I also remember seeing the clip of him shouting, “I’m rich beyond my wildest dreams!” and saving my pocket money to buy the Escapology album. When I was about 13/14, I did an art project about him hahaha. I wish I still had it now.
I was 7 when my mum took me to see take that at Wembley, I'm an OG haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I re-read an interview with Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy earlier about his experiences writing with Robbie. This is the main part of what he says -

"Well, the first thing when he came over, we did a few acoustic things, and then he came back the next day and said, "I just want to do electro." So I set up just a very simple sequence. I just turned on the machines and it started doing a very straightforward sequence in E. I didn't even choose a note. That was just what came out. And he sang the first verse of "Sin Sin Sin," with some of the words that remained! So it was incredible. It was just like turning on a tap sometimes. He could just come up with this.

So I thought, "Well, if he can do that with melody and lyrics, what would he be like if he was playing the bass?" Because he's just a hook machine. So "Tripping," which I think was #2 here, that's him playing the bass. That was one of the first bass lines he came up with. And then other things he'd just sit down at the keyboard and mess around a bit, and I'd play the bass. I'd put some drums down, and he'd start to play, and I'd join in, and we'd jam. And that's how we wrote the album. Because he did come up with the great hooks on everything he played. I mean, he called it Intensive Care because I don't think he'd ever been put through so much hell. Because, y'know, Guy [Chambers] probably played all the keyboards on the other records. But it was great fun!"

I did have a listen to the stuff off that album again just now. "Tripping" is particularly good. As I've said, there's a great back catalogue of singles that he has - and far more musically varied than Gary "Boring" Barlow and Take That since Robbie left.
I love Tripping, I also love you know me because the video is bonkers.

I think Robbie is a showman through and through there is no way any other member of Take That could have pulled off Knebworth solo (or even as a group).

Reactions: 11
I bloody love rudebox but personally think life thru a lens is massively underrated!
---

I was 7 when my mum took me to see take that at Wembley, I'm an OG haha
The TT shows were great back in the day. I managed to see the Party, Everything Changes and Pops tours when they came to Glasgow and was lucky to get the front row for the latter two as I was part of the Fan Club and they offered early chances at tickets. Better still I got to see Robbie lift his kilt and flash his backside and the 13-year-old me relived that memory for a few years afterwards lol.

Life Thu A Lens has some decent songs on it. Old Before I Die and Lazy Days are really good. OBID will always be one of my faves of his and if I am honest, I prefer it to some of his more popular songs on the album like Angels and Let Me Entertain You which...I don't hate them but at the same time, I don't see the fuss about them either.

Reactions: 3
The TT shows were great back in the day. I managed to see the Party, Everything Changes and Pops tours when they came to Glasgow and was lucky to get the front row for the latter two as I was part of the Fan Club and they offered early chances at tickets. Better still I got to see Robbie lift his kilt and flash his backside and the 13-year-old me relived that memory for a few years afterwards lol.

Life Thu A Lens has some decent songs on it. Old Before I Die and Lazy Days are really good. OBID will always be one of my faves of his and if I am honest, I prefer it to some of his more popular songs on the album like Angels and Let Me Entertain You which...I don't hate them but at the same time, I don't see the fuss about them either.
I’m a massive fan and I hate angels. Drunk chav karaoke song! I’d always skip on a playlist.

However live is a different experience with the crowd all singing, Robbie usually crying by this point, nicely merry as I’m many drinks in! Warms my cold old lady heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We‘ve been talking about his vocals, and I really think his voice is (part of) what helped TT really take off.

Their first 3 singles weren’t hits (even though Once You‘ve Tasted Love is amazing ), and all Gary lead vocals.

And their first hit, It Only Takes A Minute was Gary too, but Robbie’s adlibs at the end really *made* the song. Then their next hit was all Robbie vocals. Skip past A Million Love Songs 😆 and you have Could It Be Magic, Robbie on lead vocals, and it felt like the moment they became a really huge deal.

(I was more of an East 17 girl at the time, so if any Take That fans see it differently, I‘m happy to be corrected!)

IMG_5159.jpeg

Reactions: 6
We‘ve been talking about his vocals, and I really think his voice is (part of) what helped TT really take off.

Their first 3 singles weren’t hits (even though Once You‘ve Tasted Love is amazing ), and all Gary lead vocals.

And their first hit, It Only Takes A Minute was Gary too, but Robbie’s adlibs at the end really *made* the song. Then their next hit was all Robbie vocals. Skip past A Million Love Songs 😆 and you have Could It Be Magic, Robbie on lead vocals, and it felt like the moment they became a really huge deal.

(I was more of an East 17 girl at the time, so if any Take That fans see it differently, I‘m happy to be corrected!)

View attachment 2591018
The CIBM video was when I decided I was his forever, especially the bit at the end where he bites his lip. 🥵 (I was 12 lol)

I watched a documentary about them years ago and it turns out Robbie was the only one who actually sang on the track. Others were doing backing vocals, not the rest of the band although they mimed along when doing the video and during performances.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The CIBM video was when I decided I was his forever, especially the bit at the end where he bites his lip. 🥵 (I was 12 lol)

I watched a documentary about them years ago and it turns out Robbie was the only one who actually sang on the track. Others were doing backing vocals, not the rest of the band although they mimed along when doing the video and during performances.

A million girls wrote to Jim’ll fix it (😳) to meet Take That. The girl who won is the girl who turns the light on/off in the garage for this video.

Cringe teen moment for me was my first live show, they sang “satisfied” and one of the dance moves involved sort of humping the floor - gave me flutters 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Robbie's instagram post today is really sweet.

So I had this idea and got excited about it. But I think it's too early in both our lives to actually do it.
And by the time we are, we’ll probably being doing other stuff. Maybe not.

Anyway, it was fun imagining it …

So I offer you the chance to imagine it with me.

‘’Barlows Barge’’ Me and Gary Barlow on a barge, magnet fishing the canals of our youths …

It could have the gentle pace of Mortimer and Whitehouse -gone fishing …But we catch Tesco trolleys and find guns and knives used in crimes.
Maybe a safe or two.
We have a guest each episode that brings us our supper ….Peter Kay brings Greggs …Howard Donald brings Nandos, Phoebe Waller-bridge Bringing scones and Sandwiches.
We have Fish and chips for lunch and rate each shop.

I’ve imagined it thoroughly and I’ve enjoyed shooting it …In my mind.

Ok, so you play TV commissioner and creative now, What channel would you sign it up for?
What elements would you add to the show?

The boys have a new record out today …And im loving their new sound …Record? New sound? I am middle-aged, aren't I?

Go have a listen…I love my boys

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Robbie's instagram post today is really sweet.

So I had this idea and got excited about it. But I think it's too early in both our lives to actually do it.
And by the time we are, we’ll probably being doing other stuff. Maybe not.

Anyway, it was fun imagining it …

So I offer you the chance to imagine it with me.

‘’Barlows Barge’’ Me and Gary Barlow on a barge, magnet fishing the canals of our youths …

It could have the gentle pace of Mortimer and Whitehouse -gone fishing …But we catch Tesco trolleys and find guns and knives used in crimes.
Maybe a safe or two.
We have a guest each episode that brings us our supper ….Peter Kay brings Greggs …Howard Donald brings Nandos, Phoebe Waller-bridge Bringing scones and Sandwiches.
We have Fish and chips for lunch and rate each shop.

I’ve imagined it thoroughly and I’ve enjoyed shooting it …In my mind.

Ok, so you play TV commissioner and creative now, What channel would you sign it up for?
What elements would you add to the show?

The boys have a new record out today …And im loving their new sound …Record? New sound? I am middle-aged, aren't I?

Go have a listen…I love my boys
That really is sweet, I 🤣 reacted because you can just hear the words “Barlow’s Barge” in Gary’s deadpan voice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone just watched the Reel Stories on BBC2 with TT and Dermot O’Leary? A real trip down memory lane

Reactions: 7
Was belting out TT tunes on the Alexa today and singing my heart out. Sure has always been a favourite of mine and I can sort of remember the dance routine I made up to it as a kid. Also screeched my head off but to Relight My Fire- that is a bleeping banger!

• Heart
Reactions: 8