Robbie Williams and Ayda Field

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As there doesn’t appear to be a thread for the robster and his Netflix doc is about to come out so he’s back in the spotlight (Although never seemed to go away).
What are your thoughts? I think his first manager Nigel Martin-smith messed him up a lot regarding body image. NMS seems to be a very sinister character.
I’m not particularly a fan anymore but quite like his IG posts he seems to have found a niche there in terms of engagement with his public.

Reactions: 15
I liked some of his early solo work, like Angels, I stopped following his career after a while.I was quite surprised to discover he was married, such an odd couple.

Reactions: 10
I don't mind him he used to be good live and has had some good songs. He's autobiography was good, he looks ill lately.

Reactions: 6
I'm sure their 3rd and 4th kids, were born via surrogate, so she wouldn't ruin her figure.

Reactions: 7
I'm sure their 3rd and 4th kids, were born via surrogate, so she wouldn't ruin her figure.
I think it was because she was too old to conceive naturally, she's older than Rob.

I'm on the fence about Rob's instagram outpourings. Sometimes he's funny, sometimes he's so egotistical I wonder how he has the energy to be a husband and father.

Reactions: 5
I think it was because she was too old to conceive naturally, she's older than Rob.

I'm on the fence about Rob's instagram outpourings. Sometimes he's funny, sometimes he's so egotistical I wonder how he has the energy to be a husband and father.
She’s younger born in 1979 he’s nearly 50.
I don’t think he’s much of a hands on father I don’t know why they couldn’t just stop at two kids if she didn’t want anymore naturally.

I have conflicting feelings about Robbie. On one hand, I find him so irritating, smug and egotistical. On the other, he’s a brilliant popstar, and in the early days of his solo career, it was clear he was very vulnerable and insecure, so I had a lot of sympathy for him.

Plus, his song Feel is just incredible. Some of the most emotionally raw lyrics I’ve ever heard in a hit pop song.

So yeah, I just wish him well.

Reactions: 31
Netflix seems obsessed with the late 90’s atm

Beckham, Dando , Robbie etc

Gail porter next!?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Always preferred Robbie's more melancholic songs, Supreme and Strong are still on my regular rotation!
I know the Rudebox album is kind of where it all fell apart for him, but there's a couple of tracks on there that I absolutely love, a song called the 90s about him joining Take that is hilarious and another called Good Doctor where he basically lists all the prescription pills that he likes to get high on 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
He said on Instagram that he gets really uncomfortable when he's eating out and there's a pianist, because they always play Angels or She's The One, once they realise he's there.

I found that comment quite endearing.

Reactions: 18
I discovered his Instagram a few weeks ago and really like it.
I was never a Take That fan, nor would I class myself as a massive fan of his solo work, but I would absolutely love him to talk to me as I fall asleep, there's just something about his speaking voice that I adore. Wouldn't kick him out of bed for farting, either. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Some of his instagram is really entertaining, sometimes he's a bit too egocentric and introspective for me. He does seem to enjoy being a dad though. I wonder how many nannies there are in the Ayda-Robbie household?

Reactions: 6
Went to see him this time last year in Dublin it was brilliant so many songs id forgotten some of them, couple of take that ones and a brilliant dont look back in anger.. read his 2nd biography lately too. great read. not keen on Ayda, kinda of feel like she wouldnt take no for an answer from him even though he said he didnt want to do marriage and kids but i think she saved him

Reactions: 9
I really liked his album Swing both ways but The heavy entertainment show was shite.

Reactions: 2
Went to see him this time last year in Dublin it was brilliant so many songs id forgotten some of them, couple of take that ones and a brilliant dont look back in anger.. read his 2nd biography lately too. great read. not keen on Ayda, kinda of feel like she wouldnt take no for an answer from him even though he said he didnt want to do marriage and kids but i think she saved him
I was really cynical about their relationship. When they first got together, she didn't know Robbie was a big popstar in the UK util he showed her footage of him on stage at Knebworth, then all of a sudden she wanted marriage and babies. Ah, I don't know, he would be a lonely middle aged man if she hadn't come along, she probably has saved him. I still think he might be a bit gay though. He was very close to Johnathon Wilkes for years.

Reactions: 12
I dislike him because of his sham university...targets poor kids that wouldn't get accepted by proper arts universities and flogs them £30k degrees. Robbie is the face and mums and dads (who haven't been to uni themselves) somehow fall for it.

• Wow
I dislike him because of his sham university...targets poor kids that wouldn't get accepted by proper arts universities and flogs them £30k degrees. Robbie is the face and mums and dads (who haven't been to uni themselves) somehow fall for it.
Robbie has a university??

Reactions: 2
He is a co owner of a fake university. The degrees are awarded by a real university but the set up means his institute is exempt from the quality inspections and other requirements of actual universities (like having qualified teachers, conducting research, having libraries, freedom of information requests and a hundred other things).

My real issue with it is they accept about 95% of applicants (data publicly available from UCAS)....most of the kids going there have no chance of careers in the industry. So it's a bit of scam. By the time they graduate they're 50k in debt and stuck with retail or bar jobs. Robbie is the face of this and his "if I can do it anyone can " spiel is how they effect the scam.

• Wow
I’m a big Robbie fan and I think he gets a lot of stick really. Yes he comes across as arrogant at times but I think it’s very tongue in cheek.

I also think he has the “Robbie” persona of playing the entertainer. He’s a great showman, one of the best. Some of the concerts/gigs he’d done have just been incredible and he has the crowd in the palm of his hand.

He’s not the best singer but he’s not as bad as some make out. Angels, She’s the One, Feel, Eternity are such good songs. I also really liked his Swing When You’re Winning period. The Royal Albert Hall concert was so good, plus I think this is when he looked his best too.

AzjZ.gif

Looking forward to seeing the Netflix show.

Reactions: 19
Someone tried to look into it by questioning the uni that awards the degrees (90% of the students at Robbie's place get a first or a 2.1...pretty remarkable given you don't need good grades to get in).

Reactions: 1