Roadside Mum #7 Justin Trudeau wrote into Canadian Law that it’s off with Louisa’s head ASAP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg 2025! It will all be completely out of date by then and the political landscape may have totally changed (ish) by then. Absolute madness. I'd be bleeping furious if I'd paid for that and even more furious if I'd contributed.
I know - why can't they even try to get it out in 2024? It simply can't be that difficult can it? Unbound sound so bloody unprofessional.

Reactions: 6
2025 is insanely optimistic.

They haven't even received the final manuscript yet and they say it takes them 18 months to publish following delivery of the final manuscript (just had a nosey on their site).

Pack of charlatans. This has about as much chance of seeing the light of day as the Vimes Boots Index.

Reactions: 11
Do we know have the contributors received their payment or do they have to wait until it's published?

As much as I know he's marmite here (and I personally find him a bit creepy 🤣), I would say that this carry on (and seeking out contributors to check they've been paid) is probably ripe for the fella who outed JM.

Reactions: 8
As much as I know he's marmite here (and I personally find him a bit creepy 🤣), I would say that this carry on (and seeking out contributors to check they've been paid) is probably ripe for the fella who outed JM.
He’s got his hands full with Simon Behaving Badly with Essex CountyCouncil

Happy one year anniversary to Unbound taking over the project from Louisa Britain!

Still no bleeping manuscript.

https://unbound.com/books/one-in-five
Knowing the unknowns...
In the words of Donald Rumsfeld, former US secretary of state for defence, in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks, "There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know." He was talking about a seminal moment in international history of course, but you could pretty much say the same of the most mundane of tasks, the drive to work on a Monday morning, or the checking of the salad drawer when cleaning the fridge. Only so much in life can be anticipated and the road being closed because an old lady hit the gas when she meant to brake, or the unusually short lived carrot you forgot a month ago are unknowable.
I sometimes ask myself what possessed me to try to make this book. I'm not qualified. I can barely write a tweet without hitting the O when I mean the I. I can tell a story. I have significant lived experience of poverty which is rare in publishing and ongoing living experience every single day of my life. I am right now writing this from a freezing cold room, having had no breakfast because money for either bread or gas credit isn't available right this moment. I know how to give a ropey old car it's best shot at the MOT, or braid a little girls hair to distract from her third hand school disco outfit. I know 6 ways to kill mould on walls and in what shops to find the winter socks with the tog rating. But I don't know how to make a book. I know why I want to. I know why I need to. I know the living breathing realities of being poor in the modern UK aren't going to be told to you accurately by privately educated journalists or visiting professionals in low income communities. I know how the poor talk about ourselves within our own safe spaces, and how we talk to others outside of this bubble. I know what you watched on daytime telly, and primetime. I can read those sane papers, magazines, books. I can feel on a powerful, instinctive level, a voice that isn't being expressed and that doesn't reach your consciousness through the normal channels. The fears and sufferings, the triumphs and gains, the parts left unsaid, the truths. I know what it is that burns to be corrected and what you already are finding out. It keeps me awake at night, why can't you see, why don't you know? If no-one is telling you, why would you know? I must tell you. I have this project. I can find you voices to shine a light into a corner of your own communities, which you think you see and yet are entirely oblivious of... Or I could... if I knew what I was doing.
There were always known unknowns. I didn't know how I would find writers from among the British poor, or what words like typesetting even meant in the digital age. I haven't a clue how to market a book, or what a book cover should include. I'm out of my depth and I always knew I would be, which is why Unbound and their collaborative approach have always been central to this book happening.
It's the unknown unknowns that bite hardest. I've got more unwell lately. I have a chronic condition/ disability called M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) which renders me largely unable to work, there has been a cost of living crisis which has posed a real and serious threat and it's coincided with the hard parts of making One In Five a reality. I always wanted to put these stories and these works together myself, but wishing and wanting and boiling in frustration isn't getting us there and I am now so far past deadlines people have probably met and married in that gap! So the exceptionally lovely team at Unbound and I have reworked the plan. A fair bit of what I was down to do, will be moved over to professional editors, with me retaining final oversight. That means contributors can expect to hear from team members with emails ending (at) Unbound (dot) com in the near future. I may be crashing out of life on all fronts right now, but One In Five is not. Like that Monday morning commute, it's hit trouble, but ways round are being navigated and it's just going to take longer. I can't tell you how indebted I am to the generous patience of backers and contributors to this project. Really, thanks yeah, from the bottom of my heart. I am not used to roadblocks resulting in novel solutions and work arounds- I am poor, where I come from life is precarious and just one late pay packet can lose you your transport, job, home and family. I've been resisting and trying to push myself back to it because I haven't wanted One In Five to die. We need it. It has to exist. One In Five isn't going to die. She's down but she's not out. We rise again, because of the incredible professional Unbound team, because of the staggering talent of the contributors and because of your patience as supporters. It's going to be worth it.
Comments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
WOAH!!!! I only just clicked that 2025 is next year. My jaw is dropped as I type. The cheek of them all!

To avoid any confusion, "Bex Runs" is not Bex Kitchen. One runs, the other unpacks giant doughnuts and cream cheese in her kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How much money has Louisa had personally from this book endeavour so far? Or will it only be from book sales? (Which will either be none or very little tbh).

Yes the comparisons are quite obvious with the VBI and Bex Kitchen's 'Hearty' book.

Reactions: 7
How much money has Louisa had personally from this book endeavour so far? Or will it only be from book sales? (Which will either be none or very little tbh).

Yes the comparisons are quite obvious with the VBI and Bex Kitchen's 'Hearty' book.
It sounds like she doesn’t get anything until the book is published from the site (although it’s confusing) which makes this whole thing even more baffling. At least when JM did the kickstarter thing she’d got a lump sum from it so the grift made sense, this just seems bizarre.

Unbound's next business venture could be to open a gym in December, selling memberships starting 5 Jan, safe in the knowledge that no one would turn up but keep paying.

The punchline is that the physical premises of the gym wouldn't exist.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Well - zapped about 24 hours ago and a grand total on 1 (one) person has noticed.

Still no comment from her precious pocket bestie and good friend in real life (apart from when she is slagging her off here) Bex.

Good riddance to the foul mouthed, argumentative horror. You won’t be missed.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
I did not grab her awful record of her kids outburst this morning - mainly consisting of her kid calling her tit and saying she hates her tit face (remember thinking even at my worst terrible teen tantrums, my kids would NEVER!) all disguised as larks and fun… and now I am wishing I did! 🤔

Theories?

Mine is Jasper has also seen the recent couple of days and done one - nothing says drama more than account deleted! Ask Jack!
This is amazing.

My gut feeling is that Roadsidemum has startled herself by posting a version of these events then seeing what we see, and really needs no one to have noted it.

When social media holds a mirror to the mirror, the mirror becomes the mirror. Droste effect, but with horror themes:
Screenshot_2024-01-19-22-40-35-91_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Maybe she's dead and we'll all be sorry for making jokes about her tweeting things like "I can't move... no spoons... stuck in bath... pillow supporting my helpless limbs... my thumbs are ceasing to move... I'm typing blind as cannot see... this may be my last tweet... child has my number... must DELETE MY ACCOUNT!"

People, come on, this is hilarious. She DELETED HER ACCOUNT!

She (weeps laughing) has (stop it, I am dying!) DELETED HER ACCOUNT.

I LOVE TODAY

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I never thought I'd see the day that RSM DELETED HER ACCOUNT. I thought it'd be rectivated by now 🤣
And she did it on page 50, just before we could mither about thread titles. The woman* knows a dramatic narrative, I'll give her that.

* woman; small t traveller; granddaughter of a Tory councillor; a foster child age 14; one who reached into the darkness with a satin rope to pull Syrian children and Troubled Youth from a chasm of calamity; victim of a merciless hunt day; bisexual; mother of a deceased son and an epileptic autistic wonder child who would starve without greens; mentor and supporter of a genius historian striving for scholarships to England's finest public schools; home educator of a highly anxious popular at school child who was equipped with Billy Joel songs to make coffee and clean;
bed-bound burgering flyer; proponent of "mutual aid" and "paying forward" wheelchair gofunds; micro aggressive racist; editor; and liar.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
She has a month to re-activate.

And the pull of 22k sycophantic marks with potential for Cashapp accounts will be very hard for her to walk away from.

She would definitely be hoping for more than 1 (one) single soul missing her presence though!

Probably harassing an EasyJet desk driver as we type. Jasper will rue the day!

She has a month to re-activate.

And the pull of 22k sycophantic marks with potential for Cashapp accounts will be very hard for her to walk away from.

She would definitely be hoping for more than 1 (one) single soul missing her presence though!

Probably harassing an EasyJet desk driver as we type. Jasper will rue the day!
Well, is it 22.4k real followers? Engagement was/is so low. The numbers hardly changed for months, even after dramatic threads. I watched 😎

I speculate as to percentage who have her muted, or have wandered off Xwitter. I also ponder the potential of a tiny payment to those socks and bots she used to rail against (decoy duck deployment development.)

Just mithering when I should be berating the yacht club. You know me, and my enthusiasm for sailing and fast motorbikes.

• Haha
I’d forgotten about RSM and it was blissful but then this thread popped up when I was looking for the new JM one (I’ve been BUSY). I’m still catching up but is there a chance her cat has hold of her phone?
Those “no one loves me and I haven’t been fed” tweets seem like something my cat might type at 4am and various points for the rest of any given day.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Funnily enough, when she was making all those crass references to her own death the other day, I did wonder if this was the moment that the character known as @roadsidemum had reached the end of its useful lifespan.

I know I'm contradicting what I said the other day, but I think I may now be more in the camp of thinking that this was a largely fictional character. Note how she was savvy enough not to respond to Tattle's coverage of her, unlike the other characters in the JM universe.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.