Roadside Mum #2 Delete your account!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really have an issue with an adult and parent calling a child ā€œungratefulā€

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Is the the same RSM who was incandescent at a teacher/teaching assistant who made an, allegedly, shaming remark against one of the kids for being greedy and triggering their eating disorder?

Fuxsake, of course it is. We've all said it, but HYPOCRITE.

I hope the kids pick her a lovely nursing home in her old age.
Iā€™ve lurked on this thread but never commented but omg. That poor kid. If RSM understands that her child has an eating disorder, and is as intelligent as she likes to portray, she would know that ā€œraiding the chocolatesā€œ is part of her childā€™s illness.

Not to me-rail but I developed bulimia when I was 12. My heart is breaking for that kid, not just from that post but other things RSM has said.
My parents either didnā€™t notice, or chose to ignore that I was unwell, but bleeping hell, if Iā€™d had a parent punishing me every time my illness got the better of me, Iā€˜d have been a hundred times worse, and a nervous wreck.
I actually canā€™t get over this. She claims she knows her child has this illness, itā€™s SO cruel to even discuss it like this, but, to trigger her own child?? I just wish I was religious so I could pray for that kid.

Edited to add. So sorry for jumping on your post with this rant @BooBooPoohPooh

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The fish actively likes one child, and expresses display of aggression to the other. No name: no pack drill šŸ¤”

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Making vegetables a punishment is setting "RN" up for a lifetime of terrible eating habits.

It's bad enough she refers to her kids as the cute one and the naughtiest one. I wouldn't be surprised if they grow up either hating each other or (hopefully) united in their hatred of their mother for dividing them so. I have three kids and the concept of pitting them against each other galls me. Let alone making vegetables a punishment. Maybe my cooking is better than I thought though, because my children actually LIKE vegetables.

Not for the first time, what the duck did I just read?
I thought one child possibly RN had mental health issues and would overeat ? Am sure I remember RSM being very upset with school over commentary on a childā€™s eating ?

Reactions: 13
Ok but one point- the NICE guidance for treatment of ME was actually likely to worsen it and they only got round to officially changing it last week after knowing since 2016 that it was problematic. Many people with ME have avoided treatment because of this so sheā€™s actually right there.
Apologies to all - I probably didn't word this or emphasise my point particularly well. And I certainly didnā€™t or wouldnā€™t want to upset or offend with a dig on a sensitive subject.

I think the point I wanted to make (which was definitely lost in my long winded nonsense) is that she pretends to be a big activist, has called herself a lobbyist, is making out she is a voice for the voiceless all the time, but the reality is very far from that and with refusing to engage with the medical profession in regards to her diagnosis (for whatever reason), she does nothing to further the cause of what has been a years long campaign to try and get ME/CFS recognised in the mainstream and adequately treated. In fact - I would go further and say that with her ā€œI donā€™t get all I am entitled toā€ and the hints around her not getting PIP, I am not entirely convinced her big pronouncements on the severity of her illness or even her diagnosis itself is entirely forthright. Look at Jack as our prime example and queen of the grift. Tripping over ailments, diagnoses and whatnot - quite literally with KettleGate. And itā€™s mostly exaggerated nonsense for attention. I trust none of them. They all lie when it suits and when itā€™s profitable. They all, to a man and woman, plead poverty when it is abundantly clear they have no idea what poverty is. It makes me want to shout from the roof tops that they are big liars - and why wouldnā€™t it be the same for their physical and mental health? Itā€™s big bucks all the way with these people when they do.

As an aside - I have been following Dr Phil Hammond on Twitter for an age, love his Private Eye work, and think he is a fab chap. He has been a voice for the ME/CFSs treatment changes for quite some time. Itā€™s such an interesting subject - the recognition of an illness once thought primarily psychological, and the development of effective treatments....one I should definitely delve into and educate myself on.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Zine update

"I could write a book for you by Christmas, but it wouldn't be a patch on this one that doesn't exist"

Fair enough, I'm SOLD

PS: good morning to anyone who's decided to kick an own goal by getting their nails done again. Smiley face with hearts Excellent plan heart stars emoji
Iā€™ll put money on that book never seeing the light of day and the RSM account mysteriously disappearing into the etherā€¦

Is there any comeback for people who donate and donā€™t receive the product?

Reactions: 17
Iā€™ll put money on that book never seeing the light of day and the RSM account mysteriously disappearing into the etherā€¦

Someone posted a link to a review of the Unbounded process earlier in the thread, and it seemed that the money would be refunded in the form of Unbounded credit, so you could back something else. So basically worthless! I think the person who wrote the review also mentioned that Unbound are really difficult to make contact with, so thatā€™s the first hurdle to getting your money back or even raising any issues. All sounds a bit shady!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Someone posted a link to a review of the Unbounded process earlier in the thread, and it seemed that the money would be refunded in the form of Unbounded credit, so you could back something else. So basically worthless! I think the person who wrote the review also mentioned that Unbound are really difficult to make contact with, so thatā€™s the first hurdle to getting your money back or even raising any issues. All sounds a bit shady!
Well, on the bright side, the pitch has achieved 36% funding in a short time and, more importantly, Roadsidemum Louisa Britain is perfectly placed (as her pledger says) to: "be really annoying and never shut up about it... šŸ’Ŗ"

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Zine update

"I could write a book for you by Christmas, but it wouldn't be a patch on this one that doesn't exist"

Fair enough, I'm SOLD

PS: good morning to anyone who's decided to kick an own goal by getting their nails done again. Smiley face with hearts Excellent plan heart stars emoji
So theyā€™re asking people to give money towards a book that is probably never going to be written and released?
Good luck getting your money back well meaning if slightly idiotic donators.

Reactions: 7
RoadsideSommelier

Able to assess drinkability from a single blurry photo, we will leave you in the expert hands of our highly regarded RoadsideSommelier to suggest pairings from our cellar to complement your meal. Enjoy your evening

Attachments

• Haha
Apologies to all - I probably didn't word this or emphasise my point particularly well. And I certainly didnā€™t or wouldnā€™t want to upset or offend with a dig on a sensitive subject.

I think the point I wanted to make (which was definitely lost in my long winded nonsense) is that she pretends to be a big activist, has called herself a lobbyist, is making out she is a voice for the voiceless all the time, but the reality is very far from that and with refusing to engage with the medical profession in regards to her diagnosis (for whatever reason), she does nothing to further the cause of what has been a years long campaign to try and get ME/CFS recognised in the mainstream and adequately treated. In fact - I would go further and say that with her ā€œI donā€™t get all I am entitled toā€ and the hints around her not getting PIP, I am not entirely convinced her big pronouncements on the severity of her illness or even her diagnosis itself is entirely forthright. Look at Jack as our prime example and queen of the grift. Tripping over ailments, diagnoses and whatnot - quite literally with KettleGate. And itā€™s mostly exaggerated nonsense for attention. I trust none of them. They all lie when it suits and when itā€™s profitable. They all, to a man and woman, plead poverty when it is abundantly clear they have no idea what poverty is. It makes me want to shout from the roof tops that they are big liars - and why wouldnā€™t it be the same for their physical and mental health? Itā€™s big bucks all the way with these people when they do.

As an aside - I have been following Dr Phil Hammond on Twitter for an age, love his Private Eye work, and think he is a fab chap. He has been a voice for the ME/CFSs treatment changes for quite some time. Itā€™s such an interesting subject - the recognition of an illness once thought primarily psychological, and the development of effective treatments....one I should definitely delve into and educate myself on.
I didnā€™t think you were out of line, I did just want to point out that on that one point RSM had done the right thing rather than just moaned about no treatment because sheā€™s obnoxious.

Sorry Not sorry, Iā€™m not going to spoiler this as itā€™s important.

I think MEpedia has the info, long story short is that in the UK there was a virus outbreak in 1950ā€™s at the Royal Free Hospital, London among the staff especially in the student nurses accommodation (women). Those young ladies didnā€™t recover, it was eventually named ME. In the 1970s a group of psychologists (possibly in the USA) studying outbreaks of hysteria reviewed the reports of the Royal Free outbreak - and deemed it hysteria. Didnā€™t so much as read the patients notes. This is why ME has always been deemed a psychological disorder.
Fast forward to the 2000ā€™s and we have psychologists running the PACE (trial funded by DWP) leading to the flawed research which said CBT and exercise can cure ME, this was false and not based on good evidence but NICE recommended this treatment to Drs and patients. This week a trial for a drug which acts on the mitochondria (the battery of the cells!) has begun- funded for Long Covid. Also if it works they hope it will help people with ME/CFS.
Basically it was written off as ā€œwitches be crazyā€ and very little medical research was done for decades.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
I don't think I could read more than a few pages of a book written by her. Her tweets alone make my head hurt and let's face it, the book is just going to be Roadside Mum Twitter - The Extended Edition. Couldn't think of much worse to spend time reading šŸ˜‘.

• Sick

Not if Jack Monroe is anything to go by. She waltzed off with Ā£68k before anyone started to complain. She did eventually produce a book, but it was tit both in quality and content.
She only produced it because of how it was attacking her reputation and therefore risking further work.
RSM has no public career or reputation so could quite easily disappear with the money.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Not if Jack Monroe is anything to go by. She waltzed off with Ā£68k before anyone started to complain. She did eventually produce a book, but it was tit both in quality and content.
She only produced it because of how it was attacking her reputation and therefore risking further work.
RSM has no public career or reputation so could quite easily disappear with the money.
I donā€™t think RSM can disappear with the money from Unbound I think once the funding target is raised then Unbound start their publishing process

I assume the money is with Unbound at this point RSM will get a % as will Unbound if it hits target

The bits I donā€™t like about Unbound are no set end of crowdfunding date and no transparency on target Ā£Ā£ but thatā€™s not RSM related

Reactions: 10
I donā€™t think RSM can disappear with the money from Unbound I think once the funding target is raised then Unbound start their publishing process

I assume the money is with Unbound at this point RSM will get a % as will Unbound if it hits target

The bits I donā€™t like about Unbound are no set end of crowdfunding date and no transparency on target Ā£Ā£ but thatā€™s not RSM related
I guess this is why she chose them though

Reactions: 9
I didnā€™t think you were out of line, I did just want to point out that on that one point RSM had done the right thing rather than just moaned about no treatment because sheā€™s obnoxious.

Sorry Not sorry, Iā€™m not going to spoiler this as itā€™s important.

I think MEpedia has the info, long story short is that in the UK there was a virus outbreak in 1950ā€™s at the Royal Free Hospital, London among the staff especially in the student nurses accommodation (women). Those young ladies didnā€™t recover, it was eventually named ME. In the 1970s a group of psychologists (possibly in the USA) studying outbreaks of hysteria reviewed the reports of the Royal Free outbreak - and deemed it hysteria. Didnā€™t so much as read the patients notes. This is why ME has always been deemed a psychological disorder.
Fast forward to the 2000ā€™s and we have psychologists running the PACE (trial funded by DWP) leading to the flawed research which said CBT and exercise can cure ME, this was false and not based on good evidence but NICE recommended this treatment to Drs and patients. This week a trial for a drug which acts on the mitochondria (the battery of the cells!) has begun- funded for Long Covid. Also if it works they hope it will help people with ME/CFS.
Basically it was written off as ā€œwitches be crazyā€ and very little medical research was done for decades.
I've learned more about ME from you, @HotesTilaire than RM ever told in her RM-centred narrative

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.