Rio & Kate Ferdinand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont follow her on Instagram, but are formula companies using celebs to advertise formula illegally for babies under 6 months?
I've reported it to Instagram for that very reason. I'm all for feeding how you like but it's no coincidence that these influencers give up quickly or just don't bother. It's totally against WHO advice and whilst I don't agree with badgering new mothers I also don't think this is an area where influencers should be allowed to give their opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s not mum shaming it’s science. As I said people can choose how they feed their babies but that’s what it is- a choice, and it’s not the best one. From your reply I know exactly how you’ve fed and why you are so defensive about it.
You’re right, I bottle fed due to a tumour. Does that make me a bad Mum, hell no! I never claimed it wasn’t science. It’s 100% a choice, so why shame a parent for a choice they make? I’m defensive because people like you, go around shaming other parents. I met many Mums like you at baby clubs, mum and toddler groups and antenatal classes. I felt sorry for them because there whole identity was ‘I’m a breast feeding warrior’🤦🏻‍♀️ I bet your child is no healthier than a bottle fed child.

You’re right, I bottle fed due to a tumour. Does that make me a bad Mum, hell no! I never claimed it wasn’t science. It’s 100% a choice, so why shame a parent for a choice they make? I’m defensive because people like you, go around shaming other parents. I met many Mums like you at baby clubs, mum and toddler groups and antenatal classes. I felt sorry for them because their whole identity was ‘I’m a breast feeding warrior’🤦🏻‍♀️ I bet your child is no healthier than a bottle fed child.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
No one, but no one will ask you were you bottle or breast fed.
It really doesn't matter and women should stop beating each other up about this tit.
Fed IS best, for whatever reason you want.
And I did breast feed both my kids, actually no, I mix fed them.
It is a personal choice,sometimes not always a choice. We are lucky to have the choice at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She’s tipped me Over the edge. Her post about bottle feeding, the fed is best crew lapping it up. They do realise the whole thing is an AD
Exactly !!! Disgraceful in my opinion when you consider people an influenced by her. We should be encouraging women to try and breastfeed, the rates in the U.K. are low! But no she feels the change she gets from a bottle company to be so important - probably to help fund her next set of implants

You’re right, I bottle fed due to a tumour. Does that make me a bad Mum, hell no! I never claimed it wasn’t science. It’s 100% a choice, so why shame a parent for a choice they make? I’m defensive because people like you, go around shaming other parents. I met many Mums like you at baby clubs, mum and toddler groups and antenatal classes. I felt sorry for them because there whole identity was ‘I’m a breast feeding warrior’🤦🏻‍♀️ I bet your child is no healthier than a bottle fed child.
Mum shaming- purlease! It’s the chip on the shoulder of women that choose to bottle feed that’s the issue.
Of course fed is the most important,
Of course babies are fine on formula
Of course some women can’t breastfeed
But sorry breastmilk is the ideal for your baby- life isn’t always ideal, let’s not flog a lie that there’s no difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh here we with go the bloody breast argument. Literally no one should give a duck how other people feed their babies. If you breast fed yours then woopdy doo. If you didn’t then so what. Why are people always so worried about what other peoples babies eat? It’s plain weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh here we with go the bloody breast argument. Literally no one should give a duck how other people feed their babies. If you breast fed yours then woopdy doo. If you didn’t then so what. Why are people always so worried about what other peoples babies eat? It’s plain weird.
It's not that I care about how she feeds her baby - it's that it is plain wrong for someone in her position to be pushing bottles as an ad on instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Nevermind about bottlegate.... Is no one going to mention how she has a fresh set of gel nails??? 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Anyone that thinks breast fed is not the healthiest way to feed a baby is misinformed.

Anyone who thinks it is their business how someone else feeds their own baby, is misinformed. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Is there any way my employer can tell if I was breast-fed or not? I don’t want to be discriminated against.....

Ok only joking! Let’s get back on topic before thread gets closed.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
yep a big fat add

new depths sunken and some wont realise its a money making exercise for the ferdinand empire

i really wish she would shut it sometimes

the point is it's an individuals choice how and when to feed their baby,i dont think thats the problem here

its that kate has been paid/rewarded someway by the company that sells this brand so not really a level field as she has taken possibly £££££ to advertise this product and in doing that people will be influenced into buying this product as Kate uses it and is easily avaliable to all,some wont even realise it is an add and will go out and buy

i think this may bite her back and do they really need the money,sad to use a small baby for monetary gain

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
It's not that I care about how she feeds her baby - it's that it is plain wrong for someone in her position to be pushing bottles as an ad on instagram.
I don’t think it’s wrong at all! how on earth can it be wrong?
i get so bored of mums who breastfeed acting
superior to mums who choose not to. Some women can’t breastfeed, some don’t get enough support and some also simply don’t want to.
yes breastmilk has many amazing things but funnily enough you can use these bottles if you express your milk so you know someone else can have a go.

Reactions: 11
Can the whole feeding debacle be put to bed please as it will get tedious. Everyone will have strong opinions on the subject so just leave it be. The thread is about Kate and Rio so let’s get back to them. I see she’s featured in the mail today walking in the park. Would these be staged shots?

Reactions: 16
I don’t think it’s wrong at all! how on earth can it be wrong?
i get so bored of mums who breastfeed acting
superior to mums who choose not to. Some women can’t breastfeed, some don’t get enough support and some also simply don’t want to.
yes breastmilk has many amazing things but funnily enough you can use these bottles if you express your milk so you know someone else can have a go.
Because she is advertising bottles to her followers. I don't care how anyone feeds their baby but the fact of the matter is breast milk is better for babies. These are facts, they don't care about your feelings. Having Instatwats advertising bottles for babies is undermining years of research and health promotion. I support any woman's right to choose but don't push it on other women for monetary gain (especially when you don't need the money!!). And boy is it tiring getting it in the neck from bottle feeders - maybe take the massive chip of your shoulder??

Reactions: 10
The daily Mail article definitely looks staged.... she’s laughing the head off herself 🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Erm, you can use bottles for breast milk.
Just saying 🤷‍♀️.
But let's not derail any more 🥱😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Erm, you can use bottles for breast milk.
Just saying 🤷‍♀️.
But let's not derail any more 🥱😁
Cool. She specifically said she was not breastfeeding and did an ad for bottles. I know you may have to read between the lines, but the intent is there I promise!

I'm notoriously bad for not looking at the detail, sorry.
I only got into IG because of here/lockdown/teenage daughter 😆

Because she is advertising bottles to her followers. I don't care how anyone feeds their baby but the fact of the matter is breast milk is better for babies. These are facts, they don't care about your feelings. Having Instatwats advertising bottles for babies is undermining years of research and health promotion. I support any woman's right to choose but don't push it on other women for monetary gain (especially when you don't need the money!!). And boy is it tiring getting it in the neck from bottle feeders - maybe take the massive chip of your shoulder??
iv actually done both so no chips Over here! as I said I have even expressed which then my husband bottle fed.
so are you saying people who breastfeed shouldn’t expresss becuase it has to go into a bottle? yes i agree using your child for monetary gain is low.

I'm notoriously bad for not looking at the detail, sorry.
I only got into IG because of here/lockdown/teenage daughter 😆
No worries, it wasn't personal. But I feel we are getting bogged down by breast vs bottle when the issue her is the insidious advertising.

She has played into the wider argument though by saying she didn't want to admit she bottle fed because of the breastfeeding police but she was happy to do it for money. She is also making a show of not revealing her child's face but is happy to monetise motherhood and bottle feeding (which goes against WHO advice). She's an hole.

iv actually done both so no chips Over here! as I said I have even expressed which then my husband bottle fed.
so are you saying people who breastfeed shouldn’t expresss becuase it has to go into a bottle? yes i agree using your child for monetary gain is low.
I feel a bit aggrieved that I would even have to address this because no, I did not say that. And Kate is not advertising to people expressing. She has specifically said she was not breastfeeding and is advertising bottles which may not even be legal. And I'll say it once more for those in the back - I DO NOT CARE HOW YOU FEED YOUR BABY.

Reactions: 3
It’s also not illegal to advertise them as it’s only illegal to advertise formula specifically. I know a lot of people bottle feeding and breast feeding exclusively who use these bottles as they are so good for colic etc that despite the myths babies who are exclusively breastfed still experience.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.