Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally wouldn't touch anything listed. Heard it's an absolute faff to deal with if you want anything changed.

Could be a nice block of flats lol.
Grade 2 isn't too bad, to be honest, that wouldn't put me off buying something. I'm currently renovating a Grade A (Scottish equivalent of Grade 1) listed fisherman's cottage - I'm fortunate that it had been stripped back to a shell before it was listed in the '80s, so the listed buildings officer is really only concerned about the exterior and that's not an issue, but it's still taken six months and the best part of £6,000 just to get the planning application and listed building consent application submitted. Where you get problems is when the listed buildings officer bumps heads with the building regs people, that can get protracted and nasty. I've been very lucky in that it was so stripped out that even the staircases had been removed, so I simply have to put new ones in to current standards rather than reinstating the near-vertical ones that would have been there before.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We weren't that close for me to say but she was a ballroom dancer and then a ballroom dress maker. Always immaculately presented but can't recall her always wearing purple. Suffered mental health issues and commited suicide.
Omg that’s actually so sad. Like truly. You just never know the full story when looking at pictures etc.

Reactions: 4
Why is there a sink but no toilet? Or are you supposed to pee in the sink?
“..The tiny studio flat in Clapton, Hackney is only 75 sq ft. In that space there’s a single-bed, cupboard, shelves, microwave, space for a small fridge, fold-out table and a sink. No hobs. There’s also a separate wetroom fit with a toilet, sink, shower and towel rail…”

• Wow
Reactions: 3
All very normal until you get to picture 15...

Fantastic, and I'm not even that much of a fan of HP!

Reactions: 1
This has made the rounds on Reddit so you might have seen it… a nice house apart from the monstrosity in the front garden! 😂

Wonder how much they got paid for it to be placed on their land?

I like the rest of the house, but wouldn't touch that either.

Reactions: 6
Wonder how much they got paid for it to be placed on their land?

I like the rest of the house, but wouldn't touch that either.
I suspect it may have been there 1st, if you look at all the other houses, they are set much closer to the road than that one.

Reactions: 5
Is Northampton posh? I would never have imagine a 3 bed ex council semi in need of full refurbishment would be worth £250k there
This is closer to Towcester than Northampton. Ideally placed for the Commuters needing access to the M1, A5 and M40. Village location but also in Motorsport valley. Lots of factors pushing the price up unfortunately.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.