Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol just seen this on IG
That is a Japanese style bath, as in you just sit in it for soaking rather then actual bathing. You shower first and then just relax soak in the bath. Short baths take less water too so it saves on that. Most ppl save the water for next time too cos it is still clean.
Shower is massive.

Reactions: 6
That is a Japanese style bath, as in you just sit in it for soaking rather then actual bathing. You shower first and then just relax soak in the bath. Short baths take less water too so it saves on that. Most ppl save the water for next time too cos it is still clean.
Shower is massive.
Yeah, I find the huge shower trend far more perplexing. I have a western style bath but I use it as you describe, by sitting sideways in it.

Reactions: 3
Lol just seen this on IG
A flat that a German friend rented had a really deep half bath with a seat built in to it. You sat there and the edge of the bath came up to your shoulders so you could have a proper bath but sitting rather than lying. It felt rather luxurious with such deep water. It also doubled up as the shower compartment.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
A flat that a German friend rented had a really deep half bath with a seat built in to it. You sat there and the edge of the bath came up to your shoulders so you could have a proper bath but sitting rather than lying. It felt rather luxurious with such deep water. It also doubled up as the shower compartment.
that sounds ideal! like in a jacuzzi, why is this not more common?!

only for rent but I would love to have a communal pool

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Maybe we need a bathrooms thread?

Not heard of a deep half bath but looks to be far more enjoyable to relax in than a traditional one and saves a lot of space, 2k though 😳

Lindley-RH-Easy-Access-1210mm-Deep-Soak-Bath-l_460.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Maybe we need a bathrooms thread?

Not heard of a deep half bath but looks to be far more enjoyable to relax in than a traditional one and saves a lot of space, 2k though 😳

View attachment 1537159
I'd love a thread for fixtures/appliances from around the world. Some people use pvc portable soaking tubs instead, just pop in an inflatable bath cushion for a bit of added comfort.

Traditional style.

Reactions: 1
I'd love a thread for fixtures/appliances from around the world. Some people use pvc portable soaking tubs instead, just pop in an inflatable bath cushion for a bit of added comfort.

Traditional style.

inflatable bath cushion always makes me think of https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/d7235040-2365-4784-aefb-a1fc1999159d

Not an appliance but a fixture, in most (southern anyway) continental homes, these black out blinds, so good for sleeping and probably also a help with security https://www.vidaxl.co.uk/e/vidaxl-r...4xTMuo2aPDM3BF7br_naFGVTBbNzBSwRoCIpkQAvD_BwE

• Haha

only for rent but I would love to have a communal pool
I've never understood why rental communities with these facilities aren't more common in the UK. In the US it's common to have big rental communities with pool, gym etc. No need to worry about the landlord deciding to move back in to their property or sell it on, m

Reactions: 1
I've never understood why rental communities with these facilities aren't more common in the UK. In the US it's common to have big rental communities with pool, gym etc. No need to worry about the landlord deciding to move back in to their property or sell it on, m
not sure how is it in the US tbh, but we have very few renters rights here, so you are basically never stable. The main issue in the UK (especially London) is space and the fact that a lot of our buildings are old so it is impossible to put in facilities like this

not sure how is it in the US tbh, but we have very few renters rights here, so you are basically never stable. The main issue in the UK (especially London) is space and the fact that a lot of our buildings are old so it is impossible to put in facilities like this
With all the high rises being built it would be easy to make some of them rental communities plus there are tons of developments in Horsham/Haywards Heath/Crawley etc that could also be rented rather than sold. Renting in actual rental communities is much more secure than renting from individuals. I'm surprised some of the large housebuilders haven't started to do this with some of their new developments.

With all the high rises being built it would be easy to make some of them rental communities plus there are tons of developments in Horsham/Haywards Heath/Crawley etc that could also be rented rather than sold. Renting in actual rental communities is much more secure than renting from individuals. I'm surprised some of the large housebuilders haven't started to do this with some of their new developments.
It would make a lot more sense, but from what I see here the nice new blocks are half empty, rented by investors who live abroad etc. Maybe it is less so in Surrey but in London it is like that. Detriment to everyone really

Reactions: 4
Loads of pension companies have gone into build to rent over the last couple of years, particularly in the north west. It's going to become a lot more common as their developments start reaching completion, it's just not very visible at the moment. John Lewis is looking at turning some of its redundant department stores into rental homes (all furnished by JL of course) and Lloyds Bank announced last year they were aiming to become one of Britain's biggest landlords by purchasing 50,000 homes over the next 10 years.

It was a bit like this but deeper and with a seat.

Screenshot_20220829-160119~2.png

Screenshot_20220829-155847~2.png

A more traditional style perhaps?
Screenshot_20220829-155829~2.png

Or even a whirlpool bath with shower and steam compartment?
Screenshot_20220829-155603~2.png

Am I alone in thinking that part of relaxing in a bath is the ability to recline? I don't think I'd feel relaxed just sat there upright. I had to stop having baths years ago as they made me feel unwell but I used to love a long soak with a good book.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.