Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I alone in thinking that part of relaxing in a bath is the ability to recline? I don't think I'd feel relaxed just sat there upright. I had to stop having baths years ago as they made me feel unwell but I used to love a long soak with a good book.
but recline and also have a seat, whenever I have a bath (I am short) I recline and fall into the water and ruin my book!

Reactions: 6
I don't like baths, never have. Find them a waste of time and I get weirdly scared the ceiling is going to collapse with me in the bath and I will fall into the flat below in the nuddy

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I've never understood why rental communities with these facilities aren't more common in the UK. In the US it's common to have big rental communities with pool, gym etc. No need to worry about the landlord deciding to move back in to their property or sell it on, m
Yeah it's a shame. Local to me, flats like that are Over 60s /shared ownership only.

Reactions: 2
but recline and also have a seat, whenever I have a bath (I am short) I recline and fall into the water and ruin my book!
I'm short too. I used to have to wedge myself at a particular angle with my toes as grips to prevent a wet book scenario ๐Ÿ˜†.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Am I alone in thinking that part of relaxing in a bath is the ability to recline? I don't think I'd feel relaxed just sat there upright. I had to stop having baths years ago as they made me feel unwell but I used to love a long soak with a good book.
Yes because the thought of being sat upright in all my glory, tits and stomach rolls out is horrendous. The only thing worse would be if the water only came up to my knees.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
In future, I'm def getting a deep soak bath. I can't wait to enjoy nice relaxing baths and use cute & fancy bath bombs & melts...etc. I can't get in & out of reg baths cos mobility issues. You can get ones with hydrotherapy & chromotherapy lights too. I'd say that would look so pretty!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You can get baths that double up as a steam room and hand full of other jet things. I'd quite like one but at the same time I worry about how much cleaning it would take to not turn into a palace of mould!

images (3).jpeg

Reactions: 10
I've never understood why rental communities with these facilities aren't more common in the UK. In the US it's common to have big rental communities with pool, gym etc. No need to worry about the landlord deciding to move back in to their property or sell it on, m
it is an enormous growth sector in the UK. Half of the new developments at Wembley follow this model, Blackhorse lane in Walthamstow, wood wharf in Canary Wharf, lots of woolwich, the new developments in Wandsworth where Homebase and b&q used to be. Within the next 5 years this will be a significant part of the London rental market.

eta: this is not necessarily better for renters. It will be a faceless management company who donโ€™t give a tit that will deal with any issues. There are already blocks where tenants are looking to sue institutional landlords over poorly built properties

Reactions: 8
it is an enormous growth sector in the UK. Half of the new developments at Wembley follow this model, Blackhorse lane in Walthamstow, wood wharf in Canary Wharf, lots of woolwich, the new developments in Wandsworth where Homebase and b&q used to be. Within the next 5 years this will be a significant part of the London rental market.

eta: this is not necessarily better for renters. It will be a faceless management company who donโ€™t give a tit that will deal with any issues. There are already blocks where tenants are looking to sue institutional landlords over poorly built properties
Yeh and service charges can be a nightmare i imagine, my block has no facilities except cleaners to pay for and the service charge is exorbitant

Not sure why that is an issue if someone is renting, poorly maintained yes. Also with more rental communities available it becomes much easier to move on (albeit a bit expensive) and also easier to find out which properties are maintained well with proactive management

I saw this on Reddit under the choosing beggars subreddit. Not rightmove but it was so hilarious I had to share ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

0870BC77-C766-44AD-A9CB-893E96499AD4.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I need to follow Adam ๐Ÿ˜‚. I like tiny homes but that makes me feel squashed. Could have used a murphy bed that folds up and down to free up space when not in use.

I saw this on Reddit under the choosing beggars subreddit. Not rightmove but it was so hilarious I had to share ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

View attachment 1539076
The cringest thing iโ€™ve seen.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.