Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Purple ceiling in the kitchen … and do I see red carpet in the bathroom ? (Beneath the bath on blocks!)

Reactions: 1
Yikes that's busy, even the garden. Also the bath is on some weird blocks. Random.
If you look you can see the house has been kitted out for a disabled child. Hence the bath being raised/the lift/the hoist and rails around the house.
the colours are so not my thing though.

Reactions: 5
The owner also has a weird obsession with purple orchids, there's even an orchid decorated loo seat
There seems to be a weird internal window between bedrooms too - the bedroom with the high window above the bed, with the dressing table. Is it where the wall is missing on the floor plan?

Reactions: 2
There seems to be a weird internal window between bedrooms too - the bedroom with the high window above the bed, with the dressing table. Is it where the wall is missing on the floor plan?
I don't think the wall is missing from the floor plan. The description reads as if there is no wall?

And "bedroom 5" can only be accessed from bedroom 1 anyway.

Very odd layout. I certainly wouldn't buy that

Been looking for a new rental and came across these gems
Worlds smallest spare room
And a bed that looks like someone has been murdered on it 🤔
The first picture looks like Ned Flanders's house on The Simpsons when everyone rebuilt it after the storm, room that gets smaller as you walk in.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't think the wall is missing from the floor plan. The description reads as if there is no wall?

Photo 15 and the floor plan shows no wall between so-called Bedrooms 2 and 5 if you look at it.

This is my favourite rightmove gem - I genuinely love that it has character and isn't plain grey and taupe

But it's been for sale for a long time, so prospective buyers really don't like it.
Wow one guess what their favourite colour is 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember a house I lived in when I was younger a couple of the bedrooms had sinks in, really random. The bathroom floor was also covered in a thick carpet which was obviousy highly practical
Both my childhood bedrooms had sinks in, think it was pretty normal in a lot of bedrooms in the 70’s 😆

It looks like the front part of the house is an extension according to the description. So they have added bedroom 5 onto bedroom 2 which looks like it may be set up for a carer. Then added a door from their main bedroom to that bedroom. Makes sense if you consider the needs they have.

Last edited:
It looks like the front part of the house is an extension according to the description. So they have added bedroom 5 onto bedroom 2 which looks like it may be set up for a carer. Then added a door from their main bedroom to that bedroom. Makes sense if you consider the needs they have.
Oh yeh no denying it would be good for their needs.

But calling it a 5 bed when really 2 are one room accessed off another is a bit of a stretch for people without those needs

Oh yeh no denying it would be good for their needs.

But calling it a 5 bed when really 2 are one room accessed off another is a bit of a stretch for people without those needs
Yeah, better calling it a 4 and you could change the part at the front to an en-suite. The description gives some helpful suggestions e.g add a dressing room to master bedroom or do the en-suite thing for second room. At least they’re acknowledging it all, so many house descriptions I see are half arsed by the agents!

Also, interesting safari theme for the living room although I do like the feature fire place

"Only £1,100 or £1,200 for a couple or two persons. All bills inclusive except WIFI.

View attachment 1182008

Looks like one of those ‘how long can you last’ experiments 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.