Rightmove gems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, that is stunning but absolutely not to my taste. I love all the plants.
The 'garden room' is fantastic, I'd love something like that. The whole place is bound to be a nightmare to heat though. Hard to imagine what it would be like without all the art and furniture in it.

Reactions: 4
I could never feel comfortable living somewhere like that, too used to small cosy houses! It does look amazing, though.

Reactions: 2
Beautiful and the owners have obviously put a lot of work in, but not to my taste at all. The garden room reminds me of the outdoors indoors luxury barbecue in Keeping Up Appearances 😆
It makes me think of Andie MacDowell's apartment in the film Green Card, I coveted that place so hard even though I must have been about 13 when I saw it.

Reactions: 4
Wow! I’m trying to see what’s on the computer screen in pic 27 😅 also making me chuckle is all that house and they still don’t have somewhere to tidy the ironing board away 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If you want a modern house, buy a modern house or build one. Do not buy a glorious late-Georgian manor house and do this to it.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
It makes me think of Andie MacDowell's apartment in the film Green Card, I coveted that place so hard even though I must have been about 13 when I saw it.
I swear that film is the reason why my dream-home will have to have a courtyard conservatory/garden.

Reactions: 3
That Somerset house! Absolutely appalling. I bet it was one of those Z list types who have swamped Somerset and made me never want to live there.
ETA it’s owned by an interior designer who did that to it 😱. HOW??

IMG_8011.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Not right move but related 😁
Eventhough it's the original house, it looks so out of place there.
And I agree with the neighbours.
Matching white car.

I wasn't surprised at all to see that was in Chatham, it is hideous. As for it being worth £1.4m, honestly no one will pay that to live in Chatham, she's dreaming 😂😂😂

There are a few houses like that round here which have been completely overdeveloped, and look ridiculous, swamping the tiny plot...some have massively extended the original house, others have taken a bungalow and rebuilt it as a 3 storey grey and glass monstrosity. We refer to them as chav palaces. Just horrible, and one of many reasons why I want to move to somewhere more rural!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.