Rich Abandon Ship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AEC504F5-A404-4365-9638-9DABFB11C041.jpeg

they look like that dodgy swinger couple at the party that everyone tries to avoid as they make everyone uncomfortable

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She just always looks rough as hell. And don’t get me started on him and his gold teeth. Pair of embarrassments

Reactions: 2
Where are they? I don’t follow any of that lot anymore. That is a really unflattering outfit.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Interesting to find out his role in the Glasgow bar is only creative and not operational. If that’s true, then he has grossly misled his customers. Up until the grievance hit the press, I think most were under the illusion that he had opened it and was running it himself.

Comments are still restricted and number of likes are hidden from his new posts. I think he’s posted about it now because he’s not selling any t shirts as a result. My mate sent me a snap of his old ASA wheel tee with the caption ‘is this the new swastika?’. I think a lot of people will not be wearing the brand now because of the negative associations.
The owners licenced the creative from him, he doesn’t own the AS bar at all

Totally unsurprised by his statement. He has mislead folk for a long time over his involvement in the bars, making out like he had a far greater role to come across like a Billy Big Balls until tit hits the fan then he admits he was barely involved.

However, he was a minority partner and creative director, and these rumours have been circulating for months, so I completely refuse to believe that he didn’t know of the allegations. This then leads me to ask why he stayed silent and chose not to look into it all, especially since his name and reputation would also be on the line, as they currently are now.

And the bits about always being transparent and about his track record as an employer? Don’t make me laugh.
Exactly, at director level there’s no way he didn’t know

Reactions: 1
The owners licenced the creative from him, he doesn’t own the AS bar at all
his social media was full of ‘I have opened a bar’ ‘my bar…’ ‘I’m running a bar’ which has all been deleted now if course when the tit hit the fan and he wanted to distance himself. He’s was very much the face of that bar and it was no accident that he positioned himself as the owner before it all went sideways. The first time we started hearing that he was only the creative director was when the union got involved. If you look at his name on Companies House he was one of three directors who owned a third of that bar.

his social media was full of ‘I have opened a bar’ ‘my bar…’ ‘I’m running a bar’ which has all been deleted now if course when the tit hit the fan and he wanted to distance himself. He’s was very much the face of that bar and it was no accident that he positioned himself as the owner before it all went sideways. The first time we started hearing that he was only the creative director was when the union got involved. If you look at his name on Companies House he was one of three directors who owned a third of that bar.
Pretty sure this thread is full of screengrabs of all this too

That’s interesting, he frames it that he was a director, not an owner. You can be creative director without ownership. Maybe he did have shares

That’s interesting, he frames it that he was a director, not an owner. You can be creative director without ownership. Maybe he did have shares
He frames it NOW that he was only ever a director. But for months he was calling it ‘his’ bar, and making out he’d opened it himself. I’m sure this was done on purpose to get all the emo ASA fans in. If everyone knew the reality, that two suits owned it, then it wouldn’t have had that same appeal. I heard on the Glasgow grapevine from a pretty credible source that he was bought out which would imply that he owned part of it originally.

• Heart
He frames it NOW that he was only ever a director. But for months he was calling it ‘his’ bar, and making out he’d opened it himself. I’m sure this was done on purpose to get all the emo ASA fans in. If everyone knew the reality, that two suits owned it, then it wouldn’t have had that same appeal. I heard on the Glasgow grapevine from a pretty credible source that he was bought out which would imply that he owned part of it originally.
I’m actually surprised they would have the capital to own a bar with all their failed businesses. Must be up to their eyes in debt?

I’m actually surprised they would have the capital to own a bar with all their failed businesses. Must be up to their eyes in debt?
You don’t need a lot of capital up front. Everything will be on tick. They’ll have a line of credit for coffee suppliers, food, booze. If you can get a license, it’s easy to get credit for all these things. The issue is if they don’t make enough money to pay it back, plus wages, plus future stock.

The parent company (not sure if I am using the correct business terms) were pretty well established before abandonship bar was a thing. They had alot of bars and cafes in the Dundee area. I wonder if, rather than payment, they gave him some ownership in exchange for the rights to use the abandonship branding etc. Then when the shits hit the fan he has said he doesn't want anything to do with it & gave (or sold) whatever ownership back so he could walk away acting like it was never anything to do with him. Why am I even thinking about this? It's too early in the morning. The short version is the other folk involved had a lot of other businesses prior to abandonship bar so won't have had any issues securing whatever is needed to set up a new bar (cash/credit or otherwise)

Reactions: 2
He has throughout his AS days screwed people over, suppliers, staff and ‘friends’ truly thinks of himself as a tortured genius artist when he is actually just a narcissistic bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This guy comes across as the fanny’s fanny.

Dresses up like Right Said Fred going Morris dancing without washing off the colouring pens that his wee nephew has spent all day drawing on him. He was meant to be babysitting but was playing Instagram

So Abandon Ship Apparel website is no more. The accounts were over 100k in the red, so could this business be liquidated shortly owing people thousands and thousands again???

Either way, if you really hate your Alcoholic step dad, you are going to have to shop elsewhere this Christmas.

He is saying on LinkedIn he is the owner of the last Rodeo but is it not possible that the real owner is actual Philip Donaldson?

The bar was transferred to Bromley and Bolton limited around the time he resigned from all the other abandon ship bars directorship. Anyone know anything more about this ?

Answers on a post card

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
So Abandon Ship Apparel website is no more. The accounts were over 100k in the red, so could this business be liquidated shortly owing people thousands and thousands again???

The bar was transferred to Bromley and Bolton limited around the time he resigned from all the other abandon ship bars directorship. Anyone know anything more about this ?
Where did you see that the accounts were £100k in the red? Is that just for the clothing brand or for the bars? I think they were separate. Edit: I just looked at their accounts on companies house. £134k debt and that’s just the clothing business.

also, do you mean Belford Ltd? The bars were transferred to Belford just before Rich did a runner. It’s interesting that if you look up Belford Ltd, Rich and Phil were both directors but resigned just before the company took over the bars. The only director left is AJ McMenemy who used to run McMerry with Phil.

it’s all so shady.

Sorry I got that wrong, McMerry’s directors were Phil Donaldson, Martin Cannon and Nicola Cannon. Belford LTD’s (previously called Abandon Ship Bar LTD) directors were AJ McMenemy, Martin Cannon, Richard Davies and Phil Donaldson.

so much crossover

This is strange, if you Google ‘AJ McMenemy’ who is the remaining director of Belford who took over all the MacMerry bars, it says he was co-director of MacMerry 300 with Phil, but there’s no mention of him being director of MacMerry on Companies House. I knew I was right about that! The plot thickens…

Just found Bromley & Bolton on companies house and it’s…Phil Donaldson! How many companies run by the same people are going to own or have significant control of these bars! Why do they need all these different companies if they were not trying to hide something?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Where did you see that the accounts were £100k in the red? Is that just for the clothing brand or for the bars? I think they were separate. Edit: I just looked at their accounts on companies house. £134k debt and that’s just the clothing business.

also, do you mean Belford Ltd? The bars were transferred to Belford just before Rich did a runner. It’s interesting that if you look up Belford Ltd, Rich and Phil were both directors but resigned just before the company took over the bars. The only director left is AJ McMenemy who used to run McMerry with Phil.

it’s all so shady.

Sorry I got that wrong, McMerry’s directors were Phil Donaldson, Martin Cannon and Nicola Cannon. Belford LTD’s (previously called Abandon Ship Bar LTD) directors were AJ McMenemy, Martin Cannon, Richard Davies and Phil Donaldson.

so much crossover

This is strange, if you Google ‘AJ McMenemy’ who is the remaining director of Belford who took over all the MacMerry bars, it says he was co-director of MacMerry 300 with Phil, but there’s no mention of him being director of MacMerry on Companies House. I knew I was right about that! The plot thickens…

Just found Bromley & Bolton on companies house and it’s…Phil Donaldson! How many companies run by the same people are going to own or have significant control of these bars! Why do they need all these different companies if they were not trying to hide something?
Just gets dodgier and dodgier… why aren’t these grifters being investigated?