Rich Abandon Ship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Word is that the bar is shut
What bar? The last rodeo?

I've stayed quiet on this since I found out more about the companies at the start of the union involvement. I might get slaughtered for this but apparently Rich had very little to do with why the union actually got involved and was the only one in that company to care about the staff. I don't know anything about the new pub/the other abandon ship bars but all of the staff I've spoken to involved with it speak a lot more highly of Rich than the rest. He introduced living wage in the bars and was apparently working with staff on fixing all of the issues outlined by Unite. From what I've pieced together that's what lead to his split as the rest of the bars in Dundee, including an Abandon Ship, are still open. He left because he was railroaded into working with conmen and couldn't fix the mistakes.

Not saying it absolves him of any past or future mishaps but figured I'd throw my two cents in, the union stuff wasn't down to him.

He doesn't have anything to do with this to the best of my knowledge, it was the other company that he was involved with and I got told they were bought out or sold out of most if not all their bars in Glasgow.
The fact remains that he wouldn’t have done this ‘good’ work for the employees if the unions hasn’t been involved and forced his hand by dragging his name through the mud in the press.

Your wording is very odd. “All of the staff I’ve spoken to” - you are obviously very close to the situation or close to Rich.

If you read back in this thread, there is not a single member of staff who has posted in his defence, or on social media, or in the press. There is not a single friend who has come to defend him on here, or on social media, or in the press. You’ve got to ask yourself why? Why are you the only person willing to put their support in writing even anonymously?

I have a feeling that maybe this is the new ‘owner’ of the clothing brand.

Also the other bars were bought over by a new company owned by the same people 🤣 Just like Rich did with his clothing brand a few years ago.

Just checked Amanda’s Instagram and her bio no longer has The Last Rodeo’s Instagram link in it, but it was there two days ago when I checked. Just another failed business to add to the list. I wonder if it was solvent? I hope the staff are ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
What bar? The last rodeo?

The fact remains that he wouldn’t have done this ‘good’ work for the employees if the unions hasn’t been involved and forced his hand by dragging his name through the mud in the press.

Your wording is very odd. “All of the staff I’ve spoken to” - you are obviously very close to the situation or close to Rich.

If you read back in this thread, there is not a single member of staff who has posted in his defence, or on social media, or in the press. There is not a single friend who has come to defend him on here, or on social media, or in the press. You’ve got to ask yourself why? Why are you the only person willing to put their support in writing even anonymously?

Also the other bars were bought over by a new company owned by the same people 🤣 Just like Rich did with his clothing brand a few years ago.
Yes the last rodeo, my friend works on the same street, they were clearing everything out of it earlier today….it would seem they weren’t paying rent.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
….it would seem they weren’t paying rent.
Of course they weren’t. They need to go out and get proper jobs. No wonder he left social media! He knew this was coming. That’ll also be why he’s covertly resurrected the clothing brand. They’ll have no money coming in with the bar closed.

Reactions: 5
@abandonedship it’s sweet to want to defend your pal, but making up good guy stories about him won’t get you brownie points, he would still chuck you under a bus to save himself - did he tell you all that?

If I remember right there are a few on this thread who know people who were in the game, we know what went down. He has history of shitting on people, some of them who were friends and trusted him.
I'm talking purely about the union involvement here. I shouldn't have to say this but I was a staff member who was pretty heavily involved with the grievance, Unite's involvement was unfairly pinned on Rich. Yeah, he's liquidised companies shadily and if The Last Rodeo has shut with no fanfare then he's probably done the same there. I'm not speaking about Rich's past dealings or clothing brands etc, purely the company he was involved in. It's a lot more of a grey area as to his involvement as has been made out on this thread.

I'm fairly close to the situation, yes. I've never been even remotely (directly) related to Rich or the clothing brand, just the parent company and other staff working under them that Rich was involved in as "creative director." Staff haven't posted in here but this thread was shared during the start of the grievance amongst us in a WhatsApp chat. You can see my very short post history - there was a LOT not disclosed to the public listed in the 61? 62? point grievance. I'm just clearing the air that a lot of the past and current failings of that company (still ongoing despite Rich's departure) was very little to do with him. I always see the actual perpetrators who actually withheld pensions, pay, holidays, didn't pay staff taxes etc. scraping by without public scrutiny whilst Rich, yeah not the best, was the public fall guy.

He needs to just get a normal job. Probably shouldn’t wear his wedding ring to any interview. Just like Adolf Hitler ruined the name Adolf and also a historically trendy moustache….you are not going to get hired with a swastika ring

you all knew this would happen. You preempt this, you saw that he changed his LinkedIn saying he was no longer there.Normally businesses would post that they are closing, thank their customers. Nope, take website down. Radio silence, already off social media.

funny that the abandon ship brand started again last week. My concern is that ASA being used to rack up debt bleeping over creditors whilst they run the core business from another limited company (again)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It’s about time he was the public fall guy seeing as he’s been doing dodgy tit for years, like his flit from Princes Square. So yeh I don’t feel sorry for him.

and also, that’s surely the trade off from being an “influencer” - you want the fame and attention when you’re getting free stuff, and making money from it. But not when it comes back to bite you in the butt. Boo bleeping hoo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I get your personal experience @abandonedship but he basically only changed his title to “Creative Director” - possibly when he saw the tit was about to hit the fan, he had been involved way before that. He was just trying to distance himself from how much tit actually covered him. He will have tried to play both sides, professing his innocence but his grubby mitts were all over a lot of what went down. Not sure how long you worked there.

I get your personal experience @abandonedship but he basically only changed his title to “Creative Director” - possibly when he saw the tit was about to hit the fan, he had been involved way before that. He was just trying to distance himself from how much tit actually covered him. He will have tried to play both sides, professing his innocence but his grubby mitts were all over a lot of what went down. Not sure how long you worked there.
Basically….the guy is a bleep and will always be a bleep! End of 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I was in the company from before Rich joined and created ASB's. He was never anything to do with day to day runnings or operations, despite anything he's blabbed about online. Rich's experiences in the bars was always exclusively as a customer, one of the more annoying ones, yes, but never anything more. He had some contributions/ideas for menus but nothing was his making, none of the specs or recipes came from him, he just opened his mouth in a "what about this" fashion. Even events weren't planned by him, again he would just spitball ideas and someone else would turn it into something cohesive. His mitts in comparison to the other two directors are surprisingly clean - things like covered up sexual assaults etc. that went on for years, again before he was involved.

I'm not saying he's innocent, he's still a cringe to behold but in this one specific company he's not actually the perpetrator. Maybe it's the best of a bad bunch, sure, but I'm just providing knowledge on how proceedings actually went on this year, from the Union forming to the shitshow that was closing all of the bars except the Dundee one. There's sadly bigger, stupider and bad-er people escaping actual repercussions.

Although if anyone can dig up the original podcasts created by Rich and the other directors and management, put out I want to say 2019, which seem to have been scrubbed from the internet, they're a hoot to watch.

I was in the company from before Rich joined and created ASB's. He was never anything to do with day to day runnings or operations, despite anything he's blabbed about online. Rich's experiences in the bars was always exclusively as a customer, one of the more annoying ones, yes, but never anything more. He had some contributions/ideas for menus but nothing was his making, none of the specs or recipes came from him, he just opened his mouth in a "what about this" fashion. Even events weren't planned by him, again he would just spitball ideas and someone else would turn it into something cohesive. His mitts in comparison to the other two directors are surprisingly clean - things like covered up sexual assaults etc. that went on for years, again before he was involved.

I'm not saying he's innocent, he's still a cringe to behold but in this one specific company he's not actually the perpetrator. Maybe it's the best of a bad bunch, sure, but I'm just providing knowledge on how proceedings actually went on this year, from the Union forming to the shitshow that was closing all of the bars except the Dundee one. There's sadly bigger, stupider and bad-er people escaping actual repercussions.

Although if anyone can dig up the original podcasts created by Rich and the other directors and management, put out I want to say 2019, which seem to have been scrubbed from the internet, they're a hoot to watch.
Awright Richard, that’s enough fae you. Up to bed now.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m always suspicious of print on demand businesses as well. I get having stock = bad or whatever but it definitely feels very lazy, little costs involved in running it also. Easy way to generate a little bit of cash if you’ve got a known name already

Well your really going hard over this one company what about the 5 others why even bother to defend him im sure even Peter tobin had his nice days

• Haha
I've stayed quiet on this since I found out more about the companies at the start of the union involvement. I might get slaughtered for this but apparently Rich had very little to do with why the union actually got involved and was the only one in that company to care about the staff. I don't know anything about the new pub/the other abandon ship bars but all of the staff I've spoken to involved with it speak a lot more highly of Rich than the rest. He introduced living wage in the bars and was apparently working with staff on fixing all of the issues outlined by Unite. From what I've pieced together that's what lead to his split as the rest of the bars in Dundee, including an Abandon Ship, are still open. He left because he was railroaded into working with conmen and couldn't fix the mistakes.

Not saying it absolves him of any past or future mishaps but figured I'd throw my two cents in, the union stuff wasn't down to him.

He doesn't have anything to do with this to the best of my knowledge, it was the other company that he was involved with and I got told they were bought out or sold out of most if not all their bars in Glasgow.
Hi Amanda 👋🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If the bar has closed, that is 100% why he's ditched his public profiles for a bit and is "quietly slipping into obscurity" as his personal profile says (obnoxious twit). He knew the storm was coming and didn't want to deal with it. Amanda has scrubbed all evidence of it from her page too. Ridiculous pair. Hope the staff haven't got stitched up.

Also dunno if it's just me but the rodeo's website is down. Just a black page.

Reactions: 4
If the bar has closed, that is 100% why he's ditched his public profiles for a bit and is "quietly slipping into obscurity" as his personal profile says (obnoxious twit). He knew the storm was coming and didn't want to deal with it. Amanda has scrubbed all evidence of it from her page too. Ridiculous pair. Hope the staff haven't got stitched up.

Also dunno if it's just me but the rodeo's website is down. Just a black page.
I’ll be driving by in the next hour or so, I’ll have a gander and report back.

Reactions: 6
The website has been black screened since I saw on here that it was closed.
Businesses fold, especially in the current climate, it’s the way they do it. Change socials, close shutters….Like a midnight run

I wouldn’t be surprised if it reopened and a baldy bastard called Mitch Davies starts running the place
3FDD5D88-74BF-4336-98AD-99A431186789.jpeg

Nae mair Taco 🌮 Tuesdays
B5F2A42A-D56B-4DA2-8ECB-C74D3936C614.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I give it two weeks until he opens "the final frontier" mexTex food and cocktails, pitching it as the last venture to end all last ventures. Logos the same but the bull is a horse

• Haha
Reactions: 14