Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had to stop following her after this. My son is getting weaned on whatever veg I have to hand, or can dig out the freezer. Once we’ve covered that for a few days it will be following books from Annabel karmel and wean in 15, based on friends’ recommendations. Neither book suggests anything as methodical or as regimented as what she is doing.

The way she refers to him having pretty much all the veg - why? He just needs a good variety, not to try every veg combo under the sun. A baby doesn’t need to like asparagus.

She’s going to come unstuck if this is her attitude to all aspects of parenting
I used Annabel Karmel's books when I was weaning my 3 children 20-27 years ago and they are well adjusted adults with no hang ups about food and love all cuisines! ....and also just used to give them whatever we were eating ( minus the salt obvs)

Reactions: 3
That is terrifying!!

I only weaned my little girl last year, and I can’t even remember what we did but she eats most things and loves meal times, so surely something as obsessively regimented as that is a bit unnecessary.

Reactions: 1
She really needs to just go with the flow a bit and realise that that is a human she is dealing with. I'm sure she must have some help? And if she does then it's completely misleading to her followers who probably wonder why they aren't doing as wonderfully as she is. She makes out she does EVERYTHING! And sorry, but who has the money and time to have a massage when you've got a baby, a non existent husband and we are in the middle of a global pandemic.
She probably has a nanny hiding out the back somewhere or she is making good use of her friends and then passing all their hard work off as her own. Some people need to realise just how privileged they are. Most of us mums don't get sent free stuff, don't have access to medical care on Harley Street and can barely even get through the day without having a breakdown, yet some how she has of course given birth to the exception.

I’ve had to stop following her after this. My son is getting weaned on whatever veg I have to hand, or can dig out the freezer. Once we’ve covered that for a few days it will be following books from Annabel karmel and wean in 15, based on friends’ recommendations. Neither book suggests anything as methodical or as regimented as what she is doing.

The way she refers to him having pretty much all the veg - why? He just needs a good variety, not to try every veg combo under the sun. A baby doesn’t need to like asparagus.

She’s going to come unstuck if this is her attitude to all aspects of parenting
I couldn’t agree more. I think she needs to stay in her lane. As soon as Z has freedom of choice he will go off the rails and what will Rhi do when he wants banana or, heaven help us, some Haribo?

Her husband is clearly useless and letting her set up this poor child with orthorexia.

I was totally sucked in by Rhi once and even bought her book. It’s totally generic stuff, the recipes were average and frankly I felt ripped off!

Reactions: 4
I bought her book too, as soon as i opened it it was so disappointing...

Also came here to say it’s AD rhi. #AD bloody ADVERTISING

so damn busy isn’t she but has time to do her hair and make up to create an ad targeting vulnerable mums freaking out about their PP hair loss.

Attachments

I’ve no doubt that she couldn’t wait to start weaning because she sees it as a way to expand her brand, I’d put money on her releasing a weaning book or a book on children’s nutrition. As much as she likes to say that ‘just because it’s worked for her doesn’t mean it will work for everybody’, I feel like this is all gearing up towards her bringing out a book.
She’s so sneaky with her ads I’m surprised no one seems to call her out on it, or they do and she just deletes those comments.

Rhi just wants to be famous, always has done so she’ll use anything to get there. The singing didn’t work out, the nutrition stuff has done quite well for her and now she wants to be an insta mum. I bet she’s love to get on an episode of happy mum happy baby and be accepted into the insta mum elite with gi Fletcher etc.

Reactions: 5
I’ve no doubt that she couldn’t wait to start weaning because she sees it as a way to expand her brand, I’d put money on her releasing a weaning book or a book on children’s nutrition. As much as she likes to say that ‘just because it’s worked for her doesn’t mean it will work for everybody’, I feel like this is all gearing up towards her bringing out a book.
She’s so sneaky with her ads I’m surprised no one seems to call her out on it, or they do and she just deletes those comments.

Rhi just wants to be famous, always has done so she’ll use anything to get there. The singing didn’t work out, the nutrition stuff has done quite well for her and now she wants to be an insta mum. I bet she’s love to get on an episode of happy mum happy baby and be accepted into the insta mum elite with gi Fletcher etc.
Yup. She’s an attention seeker through and through. Thing is it will be hard for her to get the success of SR Nutrition who helped with Joe Wickes’ weaning book. Plus I’m not sure why anyone who follows her would want advice from someone with such disordered eating herself!

Reactions: 1
Babies are such clever little things - her boy will already be soaking up the weird regimented approach to food and how tense she is about it. Food shouldn't be a box-ticking activity! Especially at his age, it's about experimenting and having fun and eventually helping him understand how to feed himself. Food before one is just for fun, so why is she treating it like a military exercise? He will be taking all of it on board and will likely start to see mealtimes as stressful and tense. Wonder how she will react to that.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I do not have children and don't have a notion about weaning them but yes, reiterating what others have said it's very worrying. I wonder has she had an eating disorder in the past or perhaps mild OCD tendencies? Surely feeding your baby shouldn't be this stressful!

Reactions: 2
Every single question she answers in her Q&As is just something she can direct to her clinic, or something linked with an ad. It's so apparent when she posts a lot of stories, every single one of them has an ulterior motive. She's so 'managed'.

Regarding her testing for allergens( ie peanut butter) on stories today - as a HCP you'd think she'd know that to develop an allergy you need to be exposed to the potential allergen on more than 1 occasion...therefore his first taste of peanut butter will not prove an allergic response- it will be the second exposure 🤦🏼‍♀️

Regarding her testing for allergens( ie peanut butter) on stories today - as a HCP you'd think she'd know that to develop an allergy you need to be exposed to the potential allergen on more than 1 occasion...therefore his first taste of peanut butter will not prove an allergic response- it will be the second exposure 🤦🏼‍♀️
She needs to stay in her lane! Having constantly said people should only take advice from qualified professionals she is now giving arguably dangerous information out! She’s a muppet. An eating disordered, self obsessed muppet at that.

Health Visitors actually now recommend trying babies with peanut butter before they’re 6 months old! There’s new research into peanut allergies that suggests they’re more likely to develop an allergy if they haven’t been exposed to it before 6 months. Especially if they also suffer from eczema.

Sorry that’s totally random but I found it fascinating when my hv told me about it when I started weaning my little girl last year. My husband is allergic to peanuts so I was going to avoid them all together.

My daughter had an allergic reaction on first exposure to some foods. She loved hummus and had it quite a lot but became allergic (hives) to that although her skin prick tests came back fine 🤷‍♀️ she's outgrown it now though 😊

Oh here we go with a humble brag disguised as support for breastfeeding post. Is she competing with Lucy Meck? Because she seems to struggle to make it though a day without mentioning that she breastfeeds, and it’s really hard, but she’s managed to get to 6 months? Wish these bellends would just shut up and feed their baby, breast or bottle it really doesn’t matter or make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I don't have children but I've never really understood why you would brag either way about how you feed your baby? Also, again having not had children and therefore know minimal about this, isn't it really difficult or impossible for some women to breastfeed? Due to conditions, inability to just etc. Can imagine it must be great for those women to get a daily dose of guilt from these Instagram mums.

Reactions: 6
I’m in her supposedly special group of mums still only breastfeeding at six months and I find her annoying so God knows how anyone else finds her.

She’s always saying oh my life isn’t as perfect as it might look which is such a humblebrag! Who is saying to her her life looks perfect? And she curates what goes on her feed so if anyone is responsible for that it’s her?

Reactions: 4
Can’t say I envy her perfect life at all. Day upon day of disordered, miserable eating, obsessive unhealthy weaning schedule for her son, never goes anywhere except Four Seasons Hampshire (gifted).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.