Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh why does she hide the ad in her latest post. Also I hope Zachary is getting paid for this
She’s one of the worst offenders out there. She makes a conscious decision to try and deceive her followers on a regular basis. It’s disgraceful behaviour. Just mark it clearly as an ad ffs!!!!!!

Reactions: 10
The thing is she’s completely inexperienced as a parent. Now I have no problem with childless experts, but she’s not an expert and isn’t even pretending to be. She’s using her parent link to share her experiences. But, we all know you look back at your angst with your first and cringe. All she’s doing is making that angst a part of her brand

Reactions: 1
Ugh why does she hide the ad in her latest post. Also I hope Zachary is getting paid for this
She is SO sneaky! I hate this type of thing because it preys on vulnerable new Mums who feel they need to spend £££ on the latest gadget in order to feed their baby. How do I report this to ASA? I’m no expert but surely this is against guidelines?

Reactions: 3
👋🏻Hi Rhi, There is absolutely no need to buy special equipment to feed a toddler....stop monetising parenthood and preying on new parent's vulnerability

Reactions: 8
This is £110! Although it’s on offer on amazon for £65. I’ve no doubt she could afford that anyway but most mums on a mat leave wage cannot!

Reactions: 3
This is £110! Although it’s on offer on amazon for £65. I’ve no doubt she could afford that anyway but most mums on a mat leave wage cannot!
Especially when you can just boil or steam the veg in a saucepan and then mash it or use a blender if you have one. Babies are only on purées briefly too, it’s such a lot of money for something like that

Reactions: 4
I’m currently on maternity allowance of £150pw. From that I have to cover my mortgage, council tax, water, electricity, gas and food. Spoiler alert - it doesn’t cover that and certainly not any luxury items which will just gather dust after a few weeks! I would love to be able to afford a gadget like that and tbh it makes me feel inadequate that I can’t.

I’d also be thoroughly annoyed if I were Tommee Tippee - that ad is so rushed!

She must have read here, surely?!! 🤣
She’s also talking BS here. 34% still BF at 6 months. It isn’t until a year it drops to 1%. But of course she has to be special and in the top 1% FFS.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She's likely referring to this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.unicef.org.uk/babyfriendly/about/breastfeeding-in-the-uk/amp/

"Exclusive breastfeeding at six months (as recommended by the World Health Organization) remained at around 1%." Taken from a UK survey from 2010. The rate of any breastfeeding at all at 6 months is 34%.

I'll admit, 1% does seem very low - maybe rates have improved since then.
I think they’re quite strict on the definitions. Even if you gave one bottle of formula a week that would still count as combination feeding. Not that it matters, I just feel like she does it and then publicises it so she can brag she is still in the 1% who EBF.

Definitely that was a not so humble brag

and @Truthslayer don’t let this BS make you feel inadequate. To be honest if you batch make food I can’t imagine it saving that much time in the long run anyway. And like you said it’ll be used for such a short time, you’d be better off spending that money on a treat for yourself ☺

I think they’re quite strict on the definitions. Even if you gave one bottle of formula a week that would still count as combination feeding. Not that it matters, I just feel like she does it and then publicises it so she can brag she is still in the 1% who EBF.
Absolutely. Her and her ‘pal’ Lucy Meck will jump on an opportunity to remind their followers that they breastfeed.

• Wow
Definitely that was a not so humble brag

and @Truthslayer don’t let this BS make you feel inadequate. To be honest if you batch make food I can’t imagine it saving that much time in the long run anyway. And like you said it’ll be used for such a short time, you’d be better off spending that money on a treat for yourself ☺
Thank you. I should probably unfollow as tbh her content doesn’t make me feel good. She has a lifestyle that I suspect very few of her followers can afford and really seems quite out of touch. Her content is definitely focused on middle to upper class money who could see nutrition as a hobby, not families who are struggling to make ends meet.

Absolutely. Her and her ‘pal’ Lucy Meck will jump on an opportunity to remind their followers that they breastfeed.
Hahaha I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of their meet ups 😂

anyone seen Chessie Kings story this morning with a pic of baby 'Z' as newborn being held by her saying 6 months ago we met. Pretty sure that was when full on Lockdown was in in April??!!

Reactions: 4
Yes we were, she was very careful on Instagram to make it look like she hadn’t been breaking any rules but she definitely was.

Reactions: 6
This is honestly terrifying. Just screams eating disorder. May as well introduce him to an app that counts calories early too.
I’ve had to stop following her after this. My son is getting weaned on whatever veg I have to hand, or can dig out the freezer. Once we’ve covered that for a few days it will be following books from Annabel karmel and wean in 15, based on friends’ recommendations. Neither book suggests anything as methodical or as regimented as what she is doing.

The way she refers to him having pretty much all the veg - why? He just needs a good variety, not to try every veg combo under the sun. A baby doesn’t need to like asparagus.

She’s going to come unstuck if this is her attitude to all aspects of parenting

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.