Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped following her last week, don't know if it was the 4th specifically- unfollowed on insta, youtube etc. it's just the same thing day in day out and after reading some of the stuff here I started to notice it and it grated on me. "Nice" and "if it makes sense".....never noticed it before.

I did like her at first, i followed her about 2-3 years... but now it's so predictable... you could map out her week and year with your eyes closed

Week
-Iced Coffee
-Pilates
-Events(before Covid)
-Same styled photos on street
-Eating out

Youtube
-What I wore
-What I bought
-My top 10 whatever
-Farfetched #sp
-Vlogmas where something goes wrong every year with wifi

Year
-NYC- same places- Hamptons each summer
-Trip home at summer for the M&S or Brown Thomas event or collab
-Italy
-Home for Christmas

I like to follow people with variety & seeing different things. Like many others have said Covid19 aside it's the same thing daily, Covid has really emphasised the blandness.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I stopped following her last week, don't know if it was the 4th specifically- unfollowed on insta, youtube etc. it's just the same thing day in day out and after reading some of the stuff here I started to notice it and it grated on me. "Nice" and "if it makes sense".....never noticed it before.

I did like her at first, i followed her about 2-3 years... but now it's so predictable... you could map out her week and year with your eyes closed

Week
-Iced Coffee
-Pilates
-Events(before Covid)
-Same styled photos on street
-Eating out

Youtube
-What I wore
-What I bought
-My top 10 whatever
-Farfetched #sp
-Vlogmas where something goes wrong every year with wifi

Year
-NYC- same places- Hamptons each summer
-Trip home at summer for the M&S or Brown Thomas event or collab
-Italy
-Home for Christmas

I like to follow people with variety & seeing different things. Like many others have said Covid19 aside it's the same thing daily, Covid has really emphasised the blandness.
Don't forget the new Monday evening football training!

The only reason I still follow her and kaelin is to remind me what not to become, and that even if you live somewhere like NYC your life can be as dull as dishwater๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Another thing that bugs the $hit out of me is lack of transparency!! It's not that hard and other bloggers do it!

Someone here used the O'Neills package as an example, "arrived home and was so surprised to find this package" as the person who posted it said O'Neills would have contacted her to ask for her address?

Why can't she just say O'Neills saw that i was back doing GAA and contacted me and asked could they send me on some things?! I don't understand it!?

Reactions: 14
Another Zara haul coming Friday but from her bedroom instead of Zara changing room...

Another thing that bugs the $hit out of me is lack of transparency!! It's not that hard and other bloggers do it!

Someone here used the O'Neills package as an example, "arrived home and was so surprised to find this package" as the person who posted it said O'Neills would have contacted her to ask for her address?

Why can't she just say O'Neills saw that i was back doing GAA and contacted me and asked could they send me on some things?! I don't understand it!?
Has she even used the stuff o neillls gifted her

Reactions: 1
On her YouTube social blade numbers she seems to gain exactly 100 followers every 6/7 days. Clearly buying followers.

And whenever Kaelin posts on Instagram she loses 20-30 followers lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Guys..Kaelin's feet ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ she needs to step away from the stretching tool..
OMG what shoe size is she? Her feet are enormous in that photo...! Definitely need to step away from the stretching tool (as does Retro). it looks like she has clown feet! Poor foolish Kaelin aka Krusty the Clown.

Reactions: 3
Lads could you imagine being a taxi driver in NYC and constantly seeing Erica stood in the middle of a crossing flicking the hair in her off white ensemble trying to get the shot!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 13
On her YouTube social blade numbers she seems to gain exactly 100 followers every 6/7 days. Clearly buying followers.

And whenever Kaelin posts on Instagram she loses 20-30 followers lol.
Lol I unfollowed them both but still check in and thought it was really weird that neither of their followings hadn't grown at all!! Also the comments on their pics lately sound like bots!
In relation to the butchering of pronunciations ... If you're gonna spend thousands on something please learn how to say it ... Her-mes.. SainT LaurenT, Give-nchy... My ears are bleeding just typing this.

What I dislike the most from her page is the lack of inclusivity from most angles but especially the sizing aspect, she could tell people what size items go up to, do they come in petite or plus sizing etc.

To be fair it must be really tough to be putting yourself out there every day and being judged for it but at the same time the wavering on new social issues are just ๐Ÿ™„ there's a whole gravy train of new ideas to jump onto cos other bloggers are doing it too and not cos it's something that actually resonates with you ... Like sustainability, cruelty free, vegan, gluten free, BLM, minimalist everything, tie dye.. next she'll be in dad sandals ๐Ÿ˜‚
I don't mean to be bashing her but all bloggers, if you've seen one have you seen them all kinda thing. Life is not insta perfect, it's perfectly and painfully imperfect and I'm ok with all them "candid" (i.e. real life) moments.

Reactions: 9
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CDucFk4Flrr/?igshid=27f90n7ua9ga

Ehm wtf is this ๐Ÿ˜‚ just came up on my recommended feed.
The most recent reel 'exposing ourselves ๐Ÿคช' I think it's gas how one of the Qs is who has the best style and they both waver to answer because they are literally carbon copies of each other. How many times have they met up and been wearing practically the same outfit!

Also lol at 'exposing ourselves'? There was literally nothing we didn't know in that.

I have found my people.

Erika is so far removed from real life it is scary. She has no concept of what it is to have real problems. I would go so far as to say, no empathy even. She can never relate to her followers if she doesn't have empathy.

David. Don't get me started. When they are back in Ireland, he is always with them. He even went on a "family" holiday with them. Does he not want to spend any time with his family? His own friends? We never see Tommy in Ireland as he is no doubt catching up with his own friends.

David strikes me as a cling on - he saw the $$$$$

I'll be back.......

Reactions: 7
I have found my people.

Erika is so far removed from real life it is scary. She has no concept of what it is to have real problems. I would go so far as to say, no empathy even. She can never relate to her followers if she doesn't have empathy.

David. Don't get me started. When they are back in Ireland, he is always with them. He even went on a "family" holiday with them. Does he not want to spend any time with his family? His own friends? We never see Tommy in Ireland as he is no doubt catching up with his own friends.

David strikes me as a cling on - he saw the $$$$$

I'll be back.......
Maybe David lost all of his own friends because they couldn't stand the Foxes. I'm pretty sure Tommy went on the family holiday too. I do feel bad for the lads it must be awful being in a relationship where your partner wants to video every second of your life.

Do you think Erika is holding out for a ring? Not that being married is the be all and end goal, but it seems like she and Tommy are together a long time and I'd say the likes of Michaela being engaged really rubs her the wrong way. But also I'd say she has an expectation for something massive like 3ct Tiffany's ๐Ÿ™„ and a big Kerry wedding that mammy and daddy will pay for.

Reactions: 5
Hard to know, anytime she's asked about it she seems definite that she doesn't want to be married anytime soon, but maybe she doth protest too much...

Do you think Erika is holding out for a ring? Not that being married is the be all and end goal, but it seems like she and Tommy are together a long time and I'd say the likes of Michaela being engaged really rubs her the wrong way. But also I'd say she has an expectation for something massive like 3ct Tiffany's ๐Ÿ™„ and a big Kerry wedding that mammy and daddy will pay for.
Jesus imagine how insufferable she would be planning a wedding. And how bland it would be!

Reactions: 5
Jesus imagine how insufferable she would be planning a wedding. And how bland it would be!
I think she'd want it to be Vogue Weddings worthy. But very yawn. They'll need a rent a crowd if she's burned as many bridges at home as people say here

Reactions: 4
She'd have a destination wedding I'd say, in Italy. I'd be interested to see what she'd do for a hen - she looked so uncomfortable at Belle Azure's one. Seshes and pool parties don't seem to be her thing

Maybe David lost all of his own friends because they couldn't stand the Foxes. I'm pretty sure Tommy went on the family holiday too. I do feel bad for the lads it must be awful being in a relationship where your partner wants to video every second of your life.

Tommy def wasn't on the one I am thinking of. It just seemed like David was intruding or something.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.