Retro Flame #7 Soooow soooooow nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But it’s not Christmas without the SuperValu coleslaw!! Helena’ll be arrested trying to smuggle it in
Let’s not even talk about their beloved Indian!!! Helena will be caught in customs with the Indian frozen in a cooler bag!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Trying to think which of the wonderful Christmas bingo posts i’ll miss the most… I think it will be the cringeworthy ‘tap to decorate’ Christmas tree post from the sister, and it’s the most sterile boring tree ever seen…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How long have they lived in NY? And this would be their first Christmas there and only because there must be visa issues. Saddos!!
The amount she spends on designer clothes bags, where is the money coming from, she barely interacts online anymore.
Surely somebody knows wjat they are up to???

Reactions: 10
Have to say she might be a good watch if she stays in NYC, I’d love to see it at Christmas

Reactions: 4
When you look at Retros stories and Laura's stories it's as if they are living in 2 different cities. Retros is a snoozefest and Laura makes NY look vibrant and fun with different things happening on every corner.

Reactions: 8
Have to say she might be a good watch if she stays in NYC, I’d love to see it at Christmas
I'd say follow someone else for Christmas contint in the city. You just know she'll show the usual; Rockefeller tree, Saks windows (both beautiful and never gets old IMO but somehow Retro will make it look boring and basic), an overpriced cup of hot chocolate set down next to her Celine sunglasses facing lens-down so you can see that they're Celine. All while wearing head to toe Moncler. Maybe we'll get a boomerang of the Bryant Park Christmas stalls to really spice things up 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Posted here before regarding her salary and I’ve seen some more questions about it and I was DYINGGG to know myself so thought I’d update… found her and Louise Cooney’s accounts a few months ago (both earning about 200k) so if anyones wondering how she’s affording everything… that’s how. Some things to consider though 1) Tommy has a decent job… his LinkedIn was something impressive last time I looked. He’s not working in a bar anyway. She also said that they can’t use her earnings for rent (you need to earn 40x your rent in NYC for landlord to rent to you) because she’s an influencer so it’s unstable. They use Tommys salary to qualify. If we ASSUME her rent is $3000 (VERY low guess for a Manhattan aparmtrnt that big, he’s on 120k a year) so there’s that.
2) Her expenses are low. Most of her clothes are gifted, she does a lot of sponsored posts with second hand designer shops etc so no doubt most of her stuff is discounted. Same with her moving vans, furniture, holidays etc so her outgoings aren’t THAT high. Like they’re high obviously but she’s getting steep discounts if not freebies on a LOT of stuff… even her haircuts etc are sponsored sometimes. Think about what you’d save if your daily excursions were discounted etc.
3) she’s probably not paying a lot of tax. Let’s just be realistic. Her accounts are a LTD and there’s a million ways to hide taxes when ur registered as a company. If she’s paying 25% that’s a lot. So her disposable income is about 160k a year and her rent, groceries etc are split with Tommy and her vacations are discounted etc
4) in regards to her salary, no idea why or how influencers get paid that much but Keelin Moncrieff (another Irish influencer but VERY down to earth has 80 ish thousand insta followers and the same on YouTube and her earnings are 60k a year as per a recent video), so considering retro has the same amount of YT followers and double the Instagram, that would have her earning 120k a year. BUT she’s in NY so her American sponsorships would be worth a lot more, plus she’s long established.

Sorry this was soooooo long but the income of influencers really interests me and I know a lot of you were confused as to how she’s affording XYZ etc so hope this clears It up a little :)))

• Heart
Reactions: 28
$200K for shilling middle aged women's clothes and saying stuff is sow sow nice? 'm in the wrong job for sure ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Posted here before regarding her salary and I’ve seen some more questions about it and I was DYINGGG to know myself so thought I’d update… found her and Louise Cooney’s accounts a few months ago (both earning about 200k) so if anyones wondering how she’s affording everything… that’s how. Some things to consider though 1) Tommy has a decent job… his LinkedIn was something impressive last time I looked. He’s not working in a bar anyway. She also said that they can’t use her earnings for rent (you need to earn 40x your rent in NYC for landlord to rent to you) because she’s an influencer so it’s unstable. They use Tommys salary to qualify. If we ASSUME her rent is $3000 (VERY low guess for a Manhattan aparmtrnt that big, he’s on 120k a year) so there’s that.
2) Her expenses are low. Most of her clothes are gifted, she does a lot of sponsored posts with second hand designer shops etc so no doubt most of her stuff is discounted. Same with her moving vans, furniture, holidays etc so her outgoings aren’t THAT high. Like they’re high obviously but she’s getting steep discounts if not freebies on a LOT of stuff… even her haircuts etc are sponsored sometimes. Think about what you’d save if your daily excursions were discounted etc.
3) she’s probably not paying a lot of tax. Let’s just be realistic. Her accounts are a LTD and there’s a million ways to hide taxes when ur registered as a company. If she’s paying 25% that’s a lot. So her disposable income is about 160k a year and her rent, groceries etc are split with Tommy and her vacations are discounted etc
4) in regards to her salary, no idea why or how influencers get paid that much but Keelin Moncrieff (another Irish influencer but VERY down to earth has 80 ish thousand insta followers and the same on YouTube and her earnings are 60k a year as per a recent video), so considering retro has the same amount of YT followers and double the Instagram, that would have her earning 120k a year. BUT she’s in NY so her American sponsorships would be worth a lot more, plus she’s long established.

Sorry this was soooooo long but the income of influencers really interests me and I know a lot of you were confused as to how she’s affording XYZ etc so hope this clears It up a little :)))
Their rent is about $5-6k. Found the listing a while back.

The unfortunate reality too is that $200k is not really that much in nyc, so I think your point that they’re getting a lot of freebies is probably valid.

Reactions: 13
Their rent is about $5-6k. Found the listing a while back.

The unfortunate reality too is that $200k is not really that much in nyc, so I think your point that they’re getting a lot of freebies is probably valid.
that seems more realistic for rent.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I’d agree with your rent estimate. But still, if we assume her take home is 150k, she’s only paying about 36k a year on rent (assuming Tommy is splitting 50:50). That leaves her with 120k ish for everything else, and most trips and clothes are being comped. Handy enough money… although I heavily suspect she’s doing some sort of social media consulting on the side. She’s barely posting atm and her days are so long and boring, she has to be doing something. If I was spending my days eating pasta and going to one gym class I’d be bored off my head.

Reactions: 9
Because she works from home, she'd be able to write off some of her rent as a business expense, same with her bills like phone and internet etc. She'd be able to write off a lot of the fancy meals too once she captures content at them. Honestly working for yourself, even if its just on the side, is one of the best was to save money in NYC because you can write off so much.

Reactions: 4
My friend sent me a screenshot of their apartment when they moved in last year as his friends boss lives in the same block - $8k!
Also her attending the NFD new store, that shop is full of printed/vibrant outfits, completely not her style! Was wondering what she’d pick up and then I saw…brown leather pants 🙉 now they’re fab but no surprise from her like!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
My friend sent me a screenshot of their apartment when they moved in last year as his friends boss lives in the same block - $8k!
Also her attending the NFD new store, that shop is full of printed/vibrant outfits, completely not her style! Was wondering what she’d pick up and then I saw…brown leather pants 🙉 now they’re fab but no surprise from her like!
8,000, Jesus!! And how much was the dentist sofa?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Helena will be booking 4 business class seats to New York for Xmas. Two for herself and daddy fox, one for their service dog Vogue, and another seat brimming with her duty free multipacks of Benson & Hedges 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Helena will be booking 4 business class seats to New York for Xmas. Two for herself and daddy fox, one for their service dog Vogue, and another seat brimming with her duty free multipacks of Benson & Hedges 😂
😂… vogue, sorry - voguey as a service dog!!!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.