Retro Flame #6 #FreeKaelin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her stories about wanting to “move into” lauras apt. Like, retro you can get that amazing patio it would just require you to move long island city. Which we all know you would never dream of doing. The amount she is paying in Manhattan she surely could get baller flat in that area. But god forbid shed have to admit she lives anywhere other than the USE. 🙄
Ugh I have friends and coworkers like this. LIC is barely a 15 min cab ride away from UES (or a couple of train stops away) and has a vibrant restaurant and bar scene. It's not cheap to live there but there are luxury apartments with better views and amenities for either the same or slightly lower in rent. Sure, it still doesn't quite match up to being in Manhattan but we all know Retro is only renting so if she's clinging onto that UES zipcode for prestige, then she's only kidding herself.

Reactions: 11
"put together a little breakfast at home for Tommy's family" translates to "went to the shop and bought a load of already made high sugar foods and called it breakfast". bleeping idiot

• Haha
Reactions: 14
You would wonder what Tommys family think of her and the poshness of her. Like they grew up close to each other according to her stories from years ago and other than being her friend puppy dog he seems quite normal. Also does anyone know what he does for a living? You would wonder does he have a high paying tech job or something that’s finding the high lifestyle whereas we all think it’s her and her fashion crap

Reactions: 6
I forget what he does for a living but I feel like it has been mentioned here before. I do think he is highly paid.

Maybe his family have notions as well, who knows!

Reactions: 4
Actually shocked she went to the boxing match. Wow she actually did something that wasn't dinner, walk in central park or posing on the side of street. Obvs only went with her j1 style Irish gang. Just from visiting NYC each yr I've made loads of American friends. I find it so weird she has no diversity in her friend group after this long in NYC. Then again, her aesthetic is old white rich women who wkends in the Hamptons. Has she ever had a black friend in her pics or stories?! It's so strange for NYC.

Reactions: 15
The majority of Irish people I know in NYC have majority Irish friends, or else American friends that have Irish links (Parents / grandparents). The same with people I know in Australia. She does absolutely nothing, apart from play GAA... where would she meet anyone?
The way she thanked and tagged in her story.... The boxing match was hardly gifted??

Reactions: 7
The majority of Irish people I know in NYC have majority Irish friends, or else American friends that have Irish links (Parents / grandparents). The same with people I know in Australia. She does absolutely nothing, apart from play GAA... where would she meet anyone?
The way she thanked and tagged in her story.... The boxing match was hardly gifted??
I would say this is the exception rather than I rule, I know a handful of Irish people here and all of them have a very diverse group of friends. I also think she must be going out of her way to keep her friendship group so white/Irish because you can literally make friends/get to know people here so easily because everyone is so open to meeting new people. Sure I've met some of my best friends at the dog park and at workout classes, all places she goes. She's at events with US bloggers and stuff all the time too. She's clearly just very closed off.

Reactions: 9
I would say this is the exception rather than I rule, I know a handful of Irish people here and all of them have a very diverse group of friends. I also think she must be going out of her way to keep her friendship group so white/Irish because you can literally make friends/get to know people here so easily because everyone is so open to meeting new people. Sure I've met some of my best friends at the dog park and at workout classes, all places she goes. She's at events with US bloggers and stuff all the time too. She's clearly just very closed off.
Retro does home workout classes, seems to stick to herself at events, you'd rarely see her tagging any other bloggers. Probs worried her own followers would click into someone else and realise how shite a job she does! She is very closed off but it seems to be to everyone. She has a very small clique which grew slightly through her playing GAA. I don't think it's a race / country thing, I think it's just her being so far up her own arse she thinks she's too good for the majority of groups. You can imagine her looking down her nose on some many people thinking she's above them all!

ETA in order for her to meet anybody at all she would have to step outside the same rigid beige routine she's been following for the past 10 years

Reactions: 9
I dunno her and Kaelin are always at Rumble and I've seen her share about other classes. That's exactly my point, it's not the places she's going that are the issue, it's her. If she was open and probably less biased (whether explicit or implicit) she'd be able to make new friends without changing very much at all. Hence me saying it feels like a conscious choice of her being like "I have my friends and I'm happy with them."

Retro does home workout classes, seems to stick to herself at events, you'd rarely see her tagging any other bloggers. Probs worried her own followers would click into someone else and realise how shite a job she does! She is very closed off but it seems to be to everyone. She has a very small clique which grew slightly through her playing GAA. I don't think it's a race / country thing, I think it's just her being so far up her own arse she thinks she's too good for the majority of groups. You can imagine her looking down her nose on some many people thinking she's above them all!

ETA in order for her to meet anybody at all she would have to step outside the same rigid beige routine she's been following for the past 10 years

I'm sorry I just find that strange in a city that's so open and chatty (unless they are still in their 20s/j1). I've been visiting for 15yrs and my 4 groups of friends are very diverse with no Irish connections except for 1 of them knowing one other Irish person. The other 3 groups I met through them just starting up a convo with me as a stranger in a bookshop, a bar, and a flight! Perhaps this is just me, I love a diverse group with different backgrounds that leads to great chats...and that's easy to do in NYC. I'm not in any way saying she's against different cultures, just appears to be extremely closed off to it and happy to stay in her own small circle.

Also, I get it some ppl are happy to be this way, I just think it's strange for ppl willing to make their long-term home in this amazing city they say they love...yet not want to build connections with fellow New Yorkers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Also, I get it some ppl are happy not to be this way, I just think it's strange for ppl willing to make their home in this amazing city they say they love but yet not to want to make connections with fellow New Yorkers.
Agree with what u are saying but given what we know about Retro.... She shows the same ole same ole boring snaps of NYC. Stroll down 5th, walk around Central Park. She gets coffee from the same place, gets food from the same places, takes her pictures at the same pedestrian crossing, and has done that since she moved there. She's living in one of the most amazing cities in the world but has explored approximately 5% of it. 3/4 of her photos in the past year have been of her bleeping couch!!! The girl is an absolute bore! The people in NYC should be counting their blessings she's not trying to mingle with them (I mean, if they knew who she was, which they don't because she's a tiny fish in a big pond)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Agree with what u are saying but given what we know about Retro.... She shows the same ole same ole boring snaps of NYC. Stroll down 5th, walk around Central Park. She gets coffee from the same place, gets food from the same places, takes her pictures at the same pedestrian crossing, and has done that since she moved there. She's living in one of the most amazing cities in the world but has explored approximately 5% of it. 3/4 of her photos in the past year have been of her bleeping couch!!! The girl is an absolute bore! The people in NYC should be counting their blessings she's not trying to mingle with them (I mean, if they knew who she was, which they don't because she's a tiny fish in a big pond)
Very true, do we really want her representing the Irish 😂 Honestly, she's prob just too lazy to be bothered making contacts and new friends...she might have to actually stay out until 9.30pm to meet them 😅

• Haha
"put together a little breakfast at home for Tommy's family" translates to "went to the shop and bought a load of already made high sugar foods and called it breakfast". bleeping idiot
I so agree with this!!
Imagine boasting on instagram about the “spread” you put together for your bf’s family, when in fact it’s not breakfast at all, just a load of junk you wouldn’t be caught dead eating yourself!! When have we ever seen retro eat a donut! She much prefers knobby pistachio almond (make sure to pronounce the ‘al’) croissants costing $10 from a UES fake French patisserie!

If Tommy’s family are over for a visit to NY, I am assuming they are eating out a good bit. I am also sure a donut is not a novelty for them. I mean, we do have them in Ireland! Also, if someone invites you over for breakfast, you would imagine they would make some of it…she has made nothing! It beggars belief. From the photo, it looks like there is a plate of biscuits on the table!! Also, you would think Tommy would get a bit of time with his family but oh no! Kaelin has to crash the party as well. Kaelin also posted the picture of the plate of donuts on her insta boasting about “breakfast at retro’s”…even though she must eat most of her meals there already! Poor Tommy’s family! She really showed what she thinks of them. Zero effort retro….shame.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.