Retro Flame #4 Kurry to New Yark; The Great Covid Escape.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't like how she says "anything is possible" with reference to her new flat. Anything is possible if you happen to come from a privileged background and have landed on your feet, don't patronise your followers.

Reactions: 42
- New Yark New Yark New Yark it hurts my ears now, I can’t unhear it
- she’s acting like she hit the big time. They have 2x incomes and they are RENTING. That’s hardly a dream come true. I’m sure Tommy earns $150k per year and her probably $80k. You take home about 60% after taxes, 401k health insurance and other stuff. So they could take home $10k monthly, then rent $5k. And then there is just bills and getting around in NYC. It goes fast.
- She’ll spend a fortune furnishing that massive room. She will send $20k in no time unless she lines up some good partners. Plus the next time she moves her big ass furniture prob won’t fit their next tiny townhouse. I see lots to bad financial decisions
- she hired movers which makes moving amazing on its own but she even had PACKERs so what is she going on about. She went to brunch while they did all the work. And it looks like it was FREE.
- she’s acting like she’s so successful in life in New Yark because she is renting a new place.
Bizarre

Update: I’m Irish, living in the US. Bought a place here after 4 yrs of paying stupidly high rents. Lived in several big cities. Know how it works. I’d be more impressed if she was talking about their investments and how to make a go of yourself in NYC. No offense to anyone renting. I’m just saying that she’s not someone I would be influenced by her financial decisions. Investments to Erika are handbags. 🙄 I just would not be guided by her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Yeah I wouldn't even rent a place that expensive if I was in their position financially. If I was making bank like them I would be saving to invest in my own gaff. Retro is so flashy. I feel like Tommy doesn't really give a shite about stuff like that.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I wouldn't even rent a place that expensive if I was in their position financially. If I was making bank like them I would be saving to invest in my own gaff. Retro is so flashy. I feel like Tommy doesn't really give a shite about stuff like that.
I doubt they are “making bank” at all. I don’t see anything remarkable about their careers. Cost of living is high in US so salaries sound big but really you don’t take home much after bills taxes etc.

Reactions: 3
I think I’m the only one doesn’t like her apt. The windows are awful. Yes the view will be amazing but the shape and style I don’t like. As for the floors, I hate them. They are in lots old older buildings in New York. Now maybe she is lucky and they are authentic floors and genuine parquet but almost all the apts we viewed had a faux more plastic type.

Reactions: 11
I personally think they they should be investing wisely if they have good incomes! It’s all flash & for the gram!..
But that's all I see these days with all the influencers nothing seems to be invested wisely with their spare disposal income!
I am so glad I’m older & wiser & never felt the need to tell people/friends what we have!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I watched and am raging, she drivels on for 28 mins and then a min of the new place. She'll be unbearable with this new pad, glat out posing infront of the window. It's a nice view but the way she carries on she is just so conceited.
Agree it’s a video that will put you to sleep. So boring. Although the new apartment is bigger, can’t say I’m blown away it’s not like it’s a cool reno project that lots of other YouTubers are doing so I guess we know what is coming....style white couch, white rugs, expinsive shelving, another dining room table and chairs that no one eats at, just two girls hunched over on their laptops.

Agreed. He may be more low key about how he dresses but he is right there with her for the luxury apartments and borrowed Lexuses.
Agree he must love that lifestyle. They’ve been together a long time, I can’t imagine that they haven’t morphed into same person at this stage

She's going to be selling the famous white couch if anyone is interested 😂😂
Stains n’ all 😂😂😂

Last edited:
ohhhhh. Just had a look at her grid post and yes it is way too like an office. Look at he AC vents all round the window and that hedious office flooring 😂.

I think her feet are probably massive in proportion to the rest of her body. But I'd say she also edited that photo to make the room look bigger too.

Reactions: 4
I know that rent is lower than average at the min due to Covid, so they probably got a great deal on this apartment but what happens when things go back to normal and rent increases? Do landlords have right to increase rent by any amount for next lease? I can’t see her wanting to take a “step back” to a less glam apartment if she gets priced out of this one in a years time

Reactions: 5
I know that rent is lower than average at the min due to Covid, so they probably got a great deal on this apartment but what happens when things go back to normal and rent increases? Do landlords have right to increase rent by any amount for next lease? I can’t see her wanting to take a “step back” to a less glam apartment if she gets priced out of this one in a years time
Oh thats a hot take. Anyone in NYC have the low down on this. I cannot imagine her taking a step down lol.

I understand now why she was on the beg for an interior designer to work with - that apartment will be difficult to furnish properly, just judging by the glimpses she's shown.
It could be such a cool artistic space, but she's going to do wall to wall white, beige and gold accents 😭

A poster above said WeWork vibes, 100% 🤣

Reactions: 7
So what do we reckon, white couch, white coffee table, white rug, glass dining table!!? Or will she surprise us?😂😂

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.