Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spent many a summer re enacting the pink ladies with my friends. Sandy was our idol as youngsters. RIP to the beautiful and always classy Olivia Newton John ❤

Totally Devoted to you is my all time favourite song of hers x
It was the first 'single' I ever bought. I was about 8 years old and it was a treat for being good at the (butcher) dentists.
My favourite from Grease was Rizzo (Stockard Channing) but I loved Sandy (Olivia), too. R.I.P., lovely woman.
She was so incredibly pretty, even as she aged.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I read Olivia NJ and Ben Elton are cousins.

Cancer is a fight. It is a battle. Its so hard.
Those that dont make it, it doesnt mean that they didnt fight hard enough. No, not that.

Reactions: 3
By way of tribute, sung by the other member of The Pogues who is no longer with us:

Surprised that Shane is still hanging in there after the abuse he’s given himself over the year’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Shane and Keith Richards made a deal with the devil a long time ago. They’ll outlive us all.
And Ozzy 😂 I remember him being interviewed once and they asked him if he'd ever consider writing his autobiography ,he said " It would be the thinnest book in history I can only remember about 2 pages of it " :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Rest In Peace legendary songwriter Lamont Dozier.

He was part of the iconic Holland-Dozier-Holland songwriting team for so many Motown songs.

Here are just some of the songs they wrote. Behind a spoiler because its a long list, but worth having a look at.

6E501DEA-D0D0-47A3-916B-16613DF89860.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Rest In Peace legendary songwriter Lamont Dozier.

He was part of the iconic Holland-Dozier-Holland songwriting team for so many Motown songs.

Here are just some of the songs they wrote. Behind a spoiler because its a long list, but worth having a look at.

What a great collection x

• Heart
The author Raymond Briggs has died.

I have a CD of Bernard Cribbins narrating The Snowman.

Now both him and Raymond are gone.

When The Snowman first came out I watched it with my late mother. It was so magical and a special memory.

Now tinged with great sadness.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I always found The Snowman creepy and *hated* the song from it. And I thought Raymond Briggs died 10 years ago.

Sad news though.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
For anyone who is interested, this is one of the most beautiful books I've read.
20220810_104727_mfnr.jpg

20220810_104734.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Shane and Keith Richards made a deal with the devil a long time ago. They’ll outlive us all.
I think all the rolling stones members did haha. They must have all gone through copious amounts of substances through the decades, but they are all still here, except for charlie watts, who still lived 'til 80.

• Heart
There was a really good programme on BBC Wales last night about Olivia Newton John and her sister comng to Wales to find out about their Welsh ancestry. The ending was moving when they were reunited with their Dad's sister after many many years.

• Heart
I think all the rolling stones members did haha. They must have all gone through copious amounts of substances through the decades, but they are all still here, except for charlie watts, who still lived 'til 80.
And he was the sensible one!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.