Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Suddenly(!) I am feeling very mortal.
Bernard Cribbins, Oxo Dad, Lt Uhuru & Olivia Neutron Bomb in as many days.
RIP.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Olivia Newton John has passed away aged 73. This is from her official Facebook page. It has not made headlines yet.
Gutted. I think there will be alot of us who will always remember her as Sandy. Tell me about it stud 😥 I must of watched Grease hundreds of times in my teens.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't normally shed a tear when celebs I don't know die, I am sad but this one has tugged at my heart strings. RIP Olivia Nuetron Bomb♥
me too, its quite rare for a celeb death to really hit me, but this one has for some reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Absolutely gutted to hear about ONJ.
What a lovely classy lady she was, not to mention her strength and optimism throughout her long battle with cancer.
An icon from childhood, and that voice… 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
From DM

I am so happy that the family did not say she has been "battling" breast cancer. (The DM did)
When that word is used and people die it infers that they did not "battle" enough and lost their battle. I didn't battle it, just got on with taking my medication but it may come back at any time so did I not battle enough. I hate that word with reference to cancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think when someone has been ill for a while, I tend to think they become immortal almost. 73 is so young too, but she crammed so much into her life.

I sometimes see this song on Now 80s and I love it

May you rest in peace Olivia ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think when someone has been ill for a while, I tend to think they become immortal almost. 73 is so young too, but she crammed so much into her life.

I put that on the Saturday Night Disco thread we were just discussing her last week 🙁

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
So sad to hear about Olivia newton john. She has been a staple in many moments of my life from grease as a child. Down to Xanadu always being played on the radio (Middle Aged problem radio) when my daughter was first born.

Reactions: 7

One of the very 1st songs I remember hearing on the radio

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.