Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have such fond memories of that time. Me and the girl I shared a house with at the time watched all of Popstars and, on the day of the final, we shut the curtains and unplugged the phone so we wouldn't be disturbed as the "band" was revealed. I actually went to see Hear'Say live later that year.

I was even more obsessed with Pop Idol. It turned into a big office rivalry with one team supporting Gareth Gates and my team supporting Will Young 😂 The second after the result was announced, I got a text from one of the other team which just said "FIX" 🤣🤣

Whilst he was never my favourite, I always liked Darius and thought he had a great voice.

I just watched Colourblind on YouTube which was the gateway into some Hear'Say and Liberty X videos. Made me feel very happy and sad at the same time.
Same here, I was obsessed with both shows, I was a lonely teenager at the time and they gave me a lot of enjoyment and a window into a fun grown up world. I'll always be grateful for that. I like the way on the old talent shows people were a bit rawer, less polished, less fame savvy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I don’t know why but Darius passing has made me so sad. There’s something so nostalgic when I look back to that era when I was in my early teens. Loved colourblind and it was played all the time on capital.fm - time goes so quickly doesn’t it?
Rest in peace dear Darius. Thank you for all the entertainment and I hope you can feel the love in the room for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
DARIUS .. bless your beautiful soul, thank you for being the individual you were and giving us all so much entertainment and joy x

I hope your family feel the love being sent to them

• Heart
Reactions: 20
People speculating on how/ why he died. Perhaps it could be similar to a Stephen Gately situation- sudden heart failure due to a previously undiagnosed condition. I know of a 37 year old who went this way just before last Christmas, leaving a young family behind :(.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Absolutely shocked at Darius' passing, I remember him fondly on Pop Idol as a teenager had such a crush on him❤feels weird he has gone as he was literally not that far in age from me now, I remember his iconic audition sat watching with my parents and siblings, it was just sheer brilliance and entertainment of that time. He went on to do so well releasing hits and getting to number one, it was a defining moment as so many were rooting for him, myself included.

His career surpassed the music and he thrived in theatre amongst other ventures and by all accounts a likeable guy. He came across as warm with a good soul. The fact so many of his peers had nothing but good to say about him is a testament to his decency as a human being.

Darius accomplished so much in his short time here, his passing is a jolt to remind us all life is indeed unpredictable. I hope he didn't suffer and his soul will be at peace❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
There is honestly no reason for him to be living in Rochester Mn other than being a patient at the Mayo clinic. I suspect he had some illness that they were treating, although if it were that severe, wouldn’t he have been in the hospital and not in a flat?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I was so sad to hear of the passing of Darius. He always seemed such a lovely man. It was admirable how he came back after Popstars to reinvent himself and do so well on Pop Idol and then afterwards.

I have seen him live in concert and in the musicals Chicago and Guys and Dolls. A few months ago I watched Hello Dolly on Sky Arts and he was great in that too.

RIP Darius ❤

I am putting up a link to one of his singles, Live Twice.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Really sad about Darius. Reading the articles about him, it’s really moving how many people have nothing but heartfelt, genuine, good words to say about him. He really seemed like a lovely person. Rest in peace, Darius 💔

Reactions: 7
There is honestly no reason for him to be living in Rochester Mn other than being a patient at the Mayo clinic. I suspect he had some illness that they were treating, although if it were that severe, wouldn’t he have been in the hospital and not in a flat?
i thought that too :( i like minnesota and all, but it seems a completely random place for him to be. like you say, especially in rochester rather than somewhere more obvious like minneapolis or st. paul. the only thing that makes rochester stand out is that it has a world renowned hospital.

Reactions: 2
I am so sad about Darius. I was a huge fan, and travelled all over the country to see his shows and events. He was a lovely man, he always had time for us, and he was such a huge talent. A beautiful soul.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Good shout. Daily Mails are now speculating along these lines.

The photographs they have of the building and rooms inside are a whole lot nicer than I was imagining when I heard "apartment room in Minnasota".

Reactions: 3
The apartments look more like a hotel for someone having treatment at the hospital over the road. Makes sense as for many treatments like chemo you wouldn't be in hospital the whole time.

Reactions: 5
Good shout. Daily Mails are now speculating along these lines.

The photographs they have of the building and rooms inside are a whole lot nicer than I was imagining when I heard "apartment room in Minnasota".

Thank you!! It wasn’t very well received when I posted this last night. I wasn’t being horrible speculating, but there is little doubt to me about being in that specific city. You don’t go from the UK to Nowheresville USA for no reason.
I appreciate you!!!

i thought that too :( i like minnesota and all, but it seems a completely random place for him to be. like you say, especially in rochester rather than somewhere more obvious like minneapolis or st. paul. the only thing that makes rochester stand out is that it has a world renowned hospital.
That’s it exactly!! I appreciate you saying so. People weren’t thrilled with me for saying this. It’s no reflection on him being a wonderful man-I wasn’t being mean.

The apartments look more like a hotel for someone having treatment at the hospital over the road. Makes sense as for many treatments like chemo you wouldn't be in hospital the whole time.
Yes, I think they are furnished etc too. Not like he had moved all his stuff in.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you!! It wasn’t very well received when I posted this last night. I wasn’t being horrible speculating, but there is little doubt to me about being in that specific city. You don’t go from the UK to Nowheresville USA for no reason.
I appreciate you!!!
He’s been living in America for years, he hasn’t just moved from the UK to this part of the states. He would have moved from LA or wherever he was living before to there

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I appreciate you!!!
I didn’t see your post but maybe it was the timing? It’s clear from the comments his death has shocked a lot of people, sometimes people just need to process it. I still can’t believe it and I hadn’t thought about him in years.

There must have been something going on, be it addiction or an undiagnosed heart condition and it’s a coincidence he lived across from a hospital. The truth always comes out but maybe people aren’t ready to hear it just after the death has been announced.

Reactions: 5
I didn’t see your post but maybe it was the timing? It’s clear from the comments his death has shocked a lot of people, sometimes people just need to process it. I still can’t believe it and I hadn’t thought about him in years.

There must have been something going on, be it addiction or an undiagnosed heart condition and it’s a coincidence he lived across from a hospital. The truth always comes out but maybe people aren’t ready to hear it just after the death has been announced.
I've seen stories of it being vaccine related too.

Reactions: 3
Rest in peace Josephine Tewson who played amongst many other roles, Hyacinth’s long-suffering, anxious neighbour in Keeping up Appearances. She’s died at the age of 91

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Actress Josephine Tewson has died at the age of 91. She is probably best known for her role as Elizabeth, Hyacinth Bucket's long suffering neighbour, in Keeping up appearances. But she played many other parts. RIP Josephine.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.